Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seanrmih

Mission 2010 skate sneak peek

yeah like jr said, bauer toecap, you can tell the way it slants backwards. seems like a bauer trademark kinda thing.

anyhow, i like the looks, and like was already mentioned, very bauer-esque

I REALLY hope Bauer dont mess up Mission skates - i wouldnt want to skate in anything else (Single minded fool!)

These skate fit more like a Bauer than an old Mission. I have been skating some early protos and I really like them. Sizing is definitely similar to Bauer.

That's a shame. I really loved the way Missions fit. I don't particularly care for Bauer skates. I hope I won't have to find a new inline skate line.

I got my hands on the Boss SE a few weeks ago, a very nice skate. I'm a big fan the color scheme with the black and gold trim (not sure if thats the final design) and some of the featured mission graphics. The Mission graphic design always stands out and is always getting better.

The skate felt lighter then the previous couple of years releases. Def agree on the sizing being more bauer then mission as well. The boot had a great out of the box fit, I laced them up and the skates felt like they could be good to go sans baking. Not sure what the outer skate material is but it did seem similar to the One90s, although I am sure its something completely different since these skates were being cooked up prior to the Bauer acquisition.

Overall, Mission raises the bar again. And I can only imagine what is going to be tweaked/improved since this skate is not coming out until next year.

And I can only imagine what is going to be tweaked/improved since this skate is not coming out until next year.

There's the answer to my question :D

One would imagine a Vapor last since it seems to fit more feet than Supremes and really isn't terribly far off from the fit Missions have had over the last few years.

Supreme last. Boss will have gold, Commander will go blue, Assassin red and Soldier will have a green accent. We will also have an all new low end skate line.

As far as the toe cap, we had to pick something to use based on not being able to develop something new. Not enough development time to make something legit in time for the 2010 season, and didn't want to rush it. We went with the Bauer toe cap because it is one of the better, if not the best, toe caps in the game. We will have some thing new on the 2011 Mission skate line that is in development now.

We now have the ability to utilize the Bauer resources to make our skates. Which has already helped us this year. The concept's are still cooked up on the floors of California. The best roller hockey company and the best skate company in the world. I can only imagine what the next few years may bring.........

to me it looks like the Swedish guy is wearing some weird mission skates as well.

or is it just the chassis?

Thgh its been hard to get a quality pic of the whole Boss SE I am just glad that they went back to a black skate for their top of the line skate for us less flashy old school guys....The Boss was pushing it but at least it had a black toe cap and you could always throw on black laces, and then the Boss Black came along and the white out and neon green was like a slap in the face...lol Even though the Boss Black is an outstanding fitting and quality skate, it is just toooo white...I cant wait for the 2011 Mission line to see what Mission can do with all of bauers skate resources to work with.....

What's up with the SE at the end? Did marketing have the day off, so they just went with the initials that Easton already used?

Its not just an easton thing. They could stand for Special Edition. They throw SE on many things now a days

For those of you that missed the picture of M Hunt using the new Boss skates, follow this link:

http://www.inlinewm.de/media/news/news_13_bilder12.jpg

As for the Swedish players skates, they do look very unique, definately a mission chassis. I don't think it's any of the swedish brands such as Salming, Rebellion unless they are yet to be released, any other ideas?