Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

littlehockeymatt

harrow hockey sticks, shafts

Their shipping was always the thing that killed their deals. So buying multiple shafts and blades were a good way to make it worth your money as they rarely added much (if any) to your final bill. They were good about combining shipping.

One of Harrows best qualities are their durability, so you may keep those blades for awhile. Haha.

Anyone have any luck ordering out-of-stock product from Harrow?

They have don't have the Pattern 10 (Ovi Pro Stock) available in the web store, but they have it in the web-catalog.

Anyone have any luck ordering out-of-stock product from Harrow?

They have don't have the Pattern 10 (Ovi Pro Stock) available in the web store, but they have it in the web-catalog.

I think they only have it in tapered blades right now. I believe their OPS's only have patterns 1-7 because 8-11 are brand new this year.

I think they only have it in tapered blades right now. I believe their OPS's only have patterns 1-7 because 8-11 are brand new this year.

Thanks, they have a little bug in the site where they don't show the Pattern 10 in the drop down list of the Tapered blades right now, but you can scroll further down and click "add to cart". Think I am going to give a couple 2 pieces from them a try.

If anyone has a current coupon code it would be much appreciated!

I played around 30 games with my Harrow shaft at D before it snaped.. But it got stuck between me, the boards and a 200 pounder skating/falling into it, so it didnt have much chance of survival!

Luckily I had an extra shaft (110) at home but i find it too stiff for me. It did soften up after 5 games and my last couple games it felt much better and my slapper gained much needed momentum... Maybe it was me getting used to the stifness of the shaft or it losing some.

I'd still go for a 100 flex if I could get a new order in. I'm a 6'2'' 180 lbs Defense btw

I'm using a new blade aswell, which probably didn't help the feel at first with a 110 shaft. But my blade was still poppy into 30+ games.

FYI

I prefer my 2 piece setup to my easton OPS Synergy ST 100 Zetterberg. I find the easton to have much less puck feel than the harrow. And both are tanks.

Alright, needs to get their shit together with labeling the 300 blades. Website says Pattern #8 matches the Bauer Lindros/Kane pattern. Look in the catalog, #8 matches the Bauer Clark/Peca patterns. :facepalm:

Thanks, they have a little bug in the site where they don't show the Pattern 10 in the drop down list of the Tapered blades right now, but you can scroll further down and click "add to cart". Think I am going to give a couple 2 pieces from them a try.

If anyone has a current coupon code it would be much appreciated!

did you try "Hkyrink" for a coupon code, not sure if it still works.

All my Harrow stuff has held up extremely well. Never broke a shaft or cracked/softened a blade. Only problem was a 60 flex shaft that whipped out after several months. I personally went away from their shafts because I couldn't get a flex between intermediate and senior whip but would use their blades in the future if I can find something that works with them.

A teammate has been using the same two 300 2-piece sticks for two seasons and summer league and I believe he's still on his first blades. He plays center and went through several Dolomite and Mission pro stock blades as well as a few Dolomite shafts the previous couple years. He won't use anything else now.

I am using a pattern 11 300 blade in a new Easton Eq50 shaft. This shaft is amazing! Especially the weight system. Matching the feel of this blade with three weights makes for one of the most balances sticks I have ever held! The blades are great. To whomever said they need to get their act together, just pick up the phone and call them. That is what I did and two days later my blades arrived!

Alright, needs to get their shit together with labeling the 300 blades. Website says Pattern #8 matches the Bauer Lindros/Kane pattern. Look in the catalog, #8 matches the Bauer Clark/Peca patterns. :facepalm:

I visited their retail store recently, and was looking at that pattern. The clerk compared it to a Nash, but reading around here it seems like the definition of a Nash has been pretty fluid. Anyway, the #8 was marked a mid, and was slightly open, with a moderate curve. I was looking at the #8 and their Iginla curve, and the main difference to my untrained eye was that the #8 was more open (their Iginla being definitively closed).

However I'm guessing, based on your question, that the exact details are important. You could try calling the store. The guy was nice and the store is in a very quiet shopping center. He could at least tell you the specs that are printed right on the blade.

Used another 20% off code that worked.

Great service from Harrow on my order,

• Ordered 3 Pattern#10 300 Series Blades (Ovechkin Pro Curve)
  • Ordered 1 Pattern#5 300 Series Blades
  • Placed the order on Sunday, arrived in Canada by Wednesday with a reasonable shipping cost

Can't wait to give them a try tonight!

Does anyone have a picture of the Ovi patterned blade (#10)? Also what is the approximate lie?

What is the lie on the Pattern 11? 5.5?

Does anyone have a picture of the Ovi patterned blade (#10)? Also what is the approximate lie?

What is the lie on the Pattern 11? 5.5?

I have both! The ovi really doesnt have a lie. The rocker is intense! I love it but it would be dangerous for me to really use in a game position.

The 11 plays really flat to me, but it is due to heel shape and rocker.

I will work on getting on a photo site and putting up a few pictures. A picture does nothing for the pattern 10. You have to see it in hand. I have the 11 in a 11k shaft it it feels good I will use it for a while. The ten is in an EQ-50 shaft and it is nice as well.

For anyone who has used Harrow shafts in 100-110 flex in both Easton Shafts and EG50 shafts, how would they compare to the Harrow shafts? I want to order one soon but want to know how they would perform? Weaker softer?

I like Easton's 85 flex and I don't cut it down at all (retail length) so it's probably in the low 80's. With these harrow shafts it sounds like I'd have to cut it down. Would you guys recommend that I get the 75 flex since I'm gonna have to cut it down 2 inches

I like Easton's 85 flex and I don't cut it down at all (retail length) so it's probably in the low 80's. With these harrow shafts it sounds like I'd have to cut it down. Would you guys recommend that I get the 75 flex since I'm gonna have to cut it down 2 inches

My experience is limited, but I have a couple 85 flex Easton shafts converted from broken OPS (not my sticks originally), and one each of the 75 and 85 flex Harrow shafts. I find both of the 85 Eastons to be stiffer than the Harrow 85. Slight variation in length due to the broken blade removal may explain some of that, but I'd still think that if you're used to 85 Easton, you'd probably find the Harrow 75 pretty flaccid by comparison.

My experience is limited, but I have a couple 85 flex Easton shafts converted from broken OPS (not my sticks originally), and one each of the 75 and 85 flex Harrow shafts. I find both of the 85 Eastons to be stiffer than the Harrow 85. Slight variation in length due to the broken blade removal may explain some of that, but I'd still think that if you're used to 85 Easton, you'd probably find the Harrow 75 pretty flaccid by comparison.

I've recently just swithed to the Harrow 3oo 75 flex shaft with the pattern 10 blade and am loving the set up.I've been using the ovi pro curve for about a year and a half. i'm a fairly big guy 6'3" and 205 lbs. the puck just seems to jump off my stick. I wouldn't consider using anything any stiffer again.

Honestly to me the 75 flex felt closer to an 80 with the 85 flex being a true 85. They didn't feel much different. If you use an 85 flex, go with that.

Ok thanks guys, but my main concern is how much am I going to have to cut this Blade/Shaft Combo down? Is it about the same length as a retail One piece when you first combine the blade and shaft?

Just a heads up, Harrow is shortening their hosel length by 1". So check before ordering to see what hosel length you'll get.