Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

littlehockeymatt

harrow hockey sticks, shafts

Been using their sticks for a few years now and I love em!

They had one that was branded a Christian Torch "Lite" that was SUPER light but had reliability issues. I still have one thats not broken but am afraid to use it.

I have a few of the 300 glossy grip shafts and they are great. I use em over my S19 and X60 sticks most of the time.

Not sure what it is, it just feels better overall and when shooting....

Pattern 5 is my favorite.

I bought both a 75 and 85 flex shaft blade/combo. Concave and glossy grip, pattern 5. I love the blades and been very happy with the shafts although I prefer the 85 by a small margin. I coach Bantam kids, and I tried out one of their S19s. I preferred my cheapo Harrow for feel.

I have been extremely satisfied with my purchase, especially at 50% off!

Your probably measuring the stick wrong. It's from heel to the end of the shaft. There is no way a shaft / blade combo could be 67 inches.

What flex did you get? Your combo is 7" shorter than mine!

The weight might be the same as a Dolo HD, but it definitely feels more shaft-heavy.

FWIW, I didn't do any extraordinary flexing to my stick, just a little push-pull to see how it flexes. I heard from another Harrow user that this is common and due to their manufacturing process...not sure how true that is.

I was expecting to get this stick (harrow 300) as a back up because some of my primary sticks are starting to wear down now that High school season is over.

I did some shooting on the skill pad (Usually the same results as Ice) and I was pleasantly surprised when I used the stick. I felt it beat my Synergy SE in all shooting categories (Harrow was an Iginla clone, Synergy was a Sakic). Better Snappers then my One95 (Malkin curve vs. Iggy) and On the same level as my U+ CL (Tavares)

Here is a quick Review

Initial reactions after shot

Flex 60 not cut with me at 5 foot 7 and 125 pounds was just perfect. However it does feel whippy for a 60 flex but I really love to load shots.

Shooting (Snap Shot) Maybe the best Snap shot stick I have used, maybe because the light flex, but a really pleasant surprise. 10/10

Shooting (Slapshot) I only took about 15. The stick whipped out a lot and the shoots came off ok. They came off as expected for the 80 dollars shipped I paid for this.

7.5/10

Shooting (Wrist) Really enjoyed the wristers as well. The shot comes off fast for a wrist shot and with some real speed too. About the same level as my one 95. 9/10

over all shooting 9/10

hope this helps

I was expecting to get this stick (harrow 300) as a back up because some of my primary sticks are starting to wear down now that High school season is over.

I did some shooting on the skill pad (Usually the same results as Ice) and I was pleasantly surprised when I used the stick. I felt it beat my Synergy SE in all shooting categories (Harrow was an Iginla clone, Synergy was a Sakic). Better Snappers then my One95 (Malkin curve vs. Iggy) and On the same level as my U+ CL (Tavares)

Here is a quick Review

Initial reactions after shot

Flex 60 not cut with me at 5 foot 7 and 125 pounds was just perfect. However it does feel whippy for a 60 flex but I really love to load shots.

Shooting (Snap Shot) Maybe the best Snap shot stick I have used, maybe because the light flex, but a really pleasant surprise. 10/10

Shooting (Slapshot) I only took about 15. The stick whipped out a lot and the shoots came off ok. They came off as expected for the 80 dollars shipped I paid for this.

7.5/10

Shooting (Wrist) Really enjoyed the wristers as well. The shot comes off fast for a wrist shot and with some real speed too. About the same level as my one 95. 9/10

over all shooting 9/10

hope this helps

Thanks for the review.....I was wondering if the 60 flex was stiffer or whippier than stated....

Just got my stick today. Should have been here Friday but UPS screwed things up for a reason unknown and delivered it only today even though it was already in town Friday morning.

Anyway, haven't measured the stick yet but I have weighed both the blade and the shaft on a food scale and the shaft weighed in at 348 grams while the bladed weighed in at 155 grams for a total of 503 grams which is about 50 grams lighter than my SMU Bauer X:Shift which is said to fall between a X:40 and a X:50 in terms of stick level. I put the blade in and it went in easily and everything is all nice and even. I put the stick next to my Bauer and my Reebok 6K and it was about an inch shorter. The 6K I believe is 63 inches tall uncut, my Bauer as a 3 inch plug so I figure that the Harrow is probably at 62 inches or so, maybe a bit less. Either way, I think I may try it out at that height, not sure yet. I may just put my skates on on the carpet in the basement and try shooting with it and see if I need to put an end plug or not as the lie is said to be at 5.5 while my Bauer is a P88 with a 6 in terms of lie. So technically I should be adding some lenght but still want to give it a try at that height first

First use:

Didn't get a lot of shooting in last night's game...forgot that we do a different drill for warmups with more passing. I took maybe four or five shots on my goalie, everything seemed like it had noticeably more velocity but accuracy was off. That's to be expected with a different curve I suppose (flatter mid-toe versus huge mid hook).

In the game, I didn't notice the weight at all. I play D so I do most of the passing, don't get too many hard passes my way, so that was hard to gauge. I did however knock two pucks down for breakways, one I got a very good shot off but goalie got a glove on it and nobody on my team was around to get the rebound, the other one I got hauled down and drew a penalty.

Shooting was pretty crappy though, I had maybe three good point shots and all of them went about 2-3 feet wide right. It's odd too because this is a flatter curve and I'm a lefty, so I should be shooting them to the left if anything. I think it might have to do with the longer stick though (an inch longer than normal) and possibly the lie as well.

Other than that, I played a pretty terrible game, probably more to do with my skates not being profiled at all and losing edges than anything. I did whiff a couple easy clearing passes, which ticked me off. I guess I need to adjust.

I ended up taking 1/2" off the stick and we'll see how it goes next weekend. So far I think it's great, I just need to adjust to the curve. If that doesn't work, maybe I'll order a #2 curve from them (the big mid hook).

Looks very nice. Graphics are well done, lots of little touches, and I always love when they show a little of the 3k weave of the material through. There's a lot of little details going on that you can't see on the website, a little busy, but generally very nice.

Funny part about the weave on the shaft is it's just part of the graphics, atleast on my white 300 it is. There's some paint chips on it where the carbon weave graphic has chipped away, and it's just white underneath. Looked convincing until I saw that.

Forgot to add that I ordered it in a 92 flex because the 85 flex was out of stock at time of order. I play with a 87 right now. I also ordered the Pattern number 3 which is the Drury clone while I play with a P88. So we'll see how that goes on Friday as I'll have to adjust to a few things all at once.

Received my 300gs and blade today. Senior 75 flex, #6 blade. Initial thoughts: finish is very nice. Very clean graphics, a little much but not bad. The grip shift finish will take some getting used to as the sticks I use now are taped for top and bottom hand. Coming from 600+ gram sticks this thing feels like a feather. Balance is VERY nice. Shaft and blade went together very nicely. I won't be able to use it for a week or two but i will update when i do.

Hey, has anybody tryed using the harrow blade in a dolomite shaft? After reading all these reviews, I'm considering buying the harrow blades instead of the $60 dolomite blades.

The weight if the harrow blades are around the same weight as the dolos. Do you guys think it would be well balanced instead of blade heavy?

I've used a Christian blade with the dolo and it was fine. Dolo shafts aren't so light that they have balance issues.

IMO the blades are quite nice especially for the price. I think that the blades are better than the shafts. I bought a bunch of different patterns so I could try different things

I have used the blades with TPS R8 Lite prostock, Easton SE, and Harrow shafts. The blades aren't super light but they are lighter than everything but the lightest top-end blades. I would say the weight is very close to dolo blades. The lightest of my shafts is definitely the TPS R8 Lite prostock and it didn't feel particularly blade heavy. Balance in the SE shaft was very good.

I wouldn't personally ever worry about the weight of these blades.

I have used the blades with TPS R8 Lite prostock, Easton SE, and Harrow shafts. The blades aren't super light but they are lighter than everything but the lightest top-end blades. I would say the weight is very close to dolo blades. The lightest of my shafts is definitely the TPS R8 Lite prostock and it didn't feel particularly blade heavy. Balance in the SE shaft was very good.

My R8 Lite prostock is one of my favorite sticks, but the blade is starting to show some serious signs of wear, so this really caught my eye. Are the Harrow blades a good fit in the R8 shaft? Did you have to do anything special or just cut off the R8 blade and insert the Harrow? Right way 'round or shaft flipped over? Thanks for sharing the experience!

Alright, subbed a level up for a team that never has any skaters. I got a long warmup and a lot of ice time with this stick.

I must be dialing it in, because snappers are just coming off as absolute ROCKETS. Part of that is the flex, it's broken in nicely so I can get a good lean into it. Another is the curve, I just cup the puck in the mid-toe then rip it towards the net. End result is I'm getting a lot of velocity. Accuracy seems fine now, maybe cutting it 1/2" shorter helped.

Slappers, I don't really have one, but they didn't seem any better or worse than normal. I also don't take many pure wrist shots either.

In the game, I must have had half a dozen shots, mostly from the outside (left handed shot on the left wing off the rush). I was surprised how quickly they were getting to the net, coming up really fast on the goalie, and I don't think I missed the net, which is a first. For as much as I shoot, I don't score often, and didn't tonight, so that's no surprise.

Puck feel is just fantastic. I'm really amazed by how well I can stickhandle with this rig...I was doing a lot more dangling around guys and through traffic than normal, which is nice because I can't skate well enough for this level and certainly don't have the conditioning for it either.

Also, catching passes is just perfect. Anything that hits the blade will at least knock down...I had a few really nice deflections (never happens) and was able to catch/corral pucks and turn them into shots.

Basically I felt I played really well given the circumstances (playing up a level, only 10 guys showed up, I'm battling lung issues and am on medication, confidence is very low right now, and I'm horribly out of shape).

I'm hesitant to say it, but so far this is looking like it might be my favorite stick yet. The weight is a non-factor, puck feel is just as good as anything I've used (including the One95), shooting is as good or better than anything I've used (including the Dolomite), flex is more or less perfect.

The only knock I have so far is that there's a little chip out of the toe after two uses. Not a big gouge, just a little chip. I rarely, RARELY chip blades, and I taped over the toe, so I'll just have to keep an eye on it.

Well Jarick sounds like you had a good game!

After reading how happy people are with their Harrows i am trying to keep an open mind on mine. I haven't used it in a bit, but I did trim the length down a little more so the flex is now in the 110 area (from 85) we'll see how it feels saturday night.

Well as good as you can be when you lose 10-3. But hey, lots of ice time, still breaking in the Grafs, lots of shooting.

I think I'm going to try and get up there tomorrow afternoon, depending on if I can find a sitter.

Let me clarify...I cut the 75 flex Harrow down to the 96 line (roughly 5" I believe), and it feels a bit whippier than a 77 flex Vapor XXV OPS, 75 flex Dolomite OPS and 2-piece, and 75 flex Sickick 7k OPS. It might be about the same as the 70 flex Easton Synergy 2-piece, but the Easton didn't have much of any kick to it, while the Harrow seems to really slingshot the puck.

I was going to order one today but can't decide between the box or concave shaped shaft. What do you guys think? I currently use an Easton S17's.

I was going to order one today but can't decide between the box or concave shaped shaft. What do you guys think? I currently use an Easton S17's.

Concave...

+1 - You will only want to go with box if you specifically like the shape / have larger hands.

In general, don't worry about mixing and matching different models of shafts and blades. I do it all the time.

As for R8s, I am pretty sure my prostock shafts are lighter than retail. So, they do feel a little bit blade heavy with the Harrow blades. That said, it's not bad and will probably be better with a retail R8.

As for doing something special, my shafts came from prostock one pieces. I am not gonna lie, it was a pretty big pain to get the shafts ready to take blades. Assuming the retail shafts are similar, you will need to cut off the blade. That will leave you with the tenon of the blade still epoxied in the end of the shaft. I used a drill and a lot of patience / elbow grease and a really high grit file to chip away and sand away all the tenon material. Once I finally had worn through parts of the tenon, pieces broke off the shaft rather cleanly and I finally could get blades in. I would guess it took me a good hour, possibly even longer per shaft.

My R8 Lite prostock is one of my favorite sticks, but the blade is starting to show some serious signs of wear, so this really caught my eye. Are the Harrow blades a good fit in the R8 shaft? Did you have to do anything special or just cut off the R8 blade and insert the Harrow? Right way 'round or shaft flipped over? Thanks for sharing the experience!