Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

littlehockeymatt

harrow hockey sticks, shafts

I'm really considering the 300, but even after the code, the total w/ tax and shipping is about $97. For another 20, I can get anything I desire, so hard to justify. But I might break down and do it in the near future anyway...

I bought a harrow 300 blade from my LHS and put it into my ST shaft. One week later, for those of you with harrow blades, on the blade where it tells you the depth of the curve near the tenon the blade snapped. I've never seen a blade break there before

For those who have the HARROW 300 Series shaft, have you used any other blades aside from HARROW's composite blades?

If so, did you have any issues fitting other manufacturer's blades into the shaft? I'm very close to purchasing a shaft, but want to make sure other blades will work (i.e. Bauer Vapor wood blades).

Any feedback would be great.. thanks!

For those who have the HARROW 300 Series shaft, have you used any other blades aside from HARROW's composite blades?

If so, did you have any issues fitting other manufacturer's blades into the shaft? I'm very close to purchasing a shaft, but want to make sure other blades will work (i.e. Bauer Vapor wood blades).

Any feedback would be great.. thanks!

I put a NBH id blade in mine, it was a little tight going in but seems fine. As mentioned the 300 shaft kicks great on wristers and snappers, I've been very impressed with it so far.

Harrow should start making a P14 clone.

Did you put a 300 blade into a standard taper shaft?

Still going strong with the 300's right now. Busted out of a slump now with four points in the last four games, which is nice.

Has anyone tried their pants? Thoughts?

They look just like the old Christian pants. If they are, I would look elsewhere. Your taste may differ though.

I'm not familiar with Christian pants, were they just poorly constructed or did they fit funny? I'm coming from lower end CCMs and was looking for something with a slimmer, slightly more anatomical fit. I'd consider trying the Harrow pants simply because of the discount.

'

Since everyone is built differently "fitting funny" is a very open ended concept. I didn't like the design, construction or fit. Other than that they were fine.

I have worn a Christian girdle in for the last 10 years. Well, 5 years on, 3 years off. Then 2 years back on. It was really comfortable. The mesh torn pretty easily, but it handled impacts really well. Especially considering how light they are.

No advice to give on the Harrow pants though.

*NOTE* Sorry for the double post - I got an error, re-submitted, and it looks like it applied the post twice

@Jarick - I have a 75 Flex and an intermediate Harrow shaft. It's kind of a mixed bag because the intermediates, although more flexible and shorter, feel heavier to me. I think the walls may be a bit thicker / there may be more fiberglass in the intermediate model. In my opinion, it shoots and plays well but I prefer the feel of my 70 flex senior synergy elite shafts overall.

Anyone tried the intermediate yet? Cutting 7" off the 75 flex, the thing is now super stiff...

I bought an intermediate w/ the rubber grip. I've only used it in one game so far but I'm really liking it. As I mentioned earlier I have NikeBauer ID blade in it, with the shaft uncut it comes up just past my chin on skates. I could probably stand to cut an inch to inch 1/2 off of it but I wanted to use it as it came to have maximum flex out of it.

I don't know enough about the feel to say whether or not it is true to the listed 60 flex, but It definitely loads up easier than my one95 shaft (int. 67 with about 2 inches cut off). I imagine part of that is softer flex and part of it is that the harrow setup is tapered. As everyone has mentioned it isn't the lightest stick but it definitely doesn't feel clunky.

Anybody pick up gloves care to post a review?

I have a pair of the 300 twill gloves. Lightweight, comfy, look well built and have a good palm (nothing thin and light but similar to the Easton gloves that used to have the extra pad to prevent holes). For the price they are a nice glove but I would avoid them. I wore them for half a game before going back to my vapors because the padding on the index finger doesn't stay on top of the finger. It twists so the padding is actually between your index finger and middle finger. Every single shift. It drove me crazy.

I have a pair of the 300 twill gloves. Lightweight, comfy, look well built and have a good palm (nothing thin and light but similar to the Easton gloves that used to have the extra pad to prevent holes). For the price they are a nice glove but I would avoid them. I wore them for half a game before going back to my vapors because the padding on the index finger doesn't stay on top of the finger. It twists so the padding is actually between your index finger and middle finger. Every single shift. It drove me crazy.

I noticed that when I tried them on. What also drives me nuts is the size. 13" and 14.5". Both too small and too big... <_<