Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

larrivee

2009-2010 Gear Sightings

5368_116293358796_47297078796_2418773_5851757_n.jpg

looks like Bauer updated the 5500 helmet cosmetically. Nice to see they're still gonna keep the 5500 helmet

Looks like Eric's is a frankenhelmet. 5500 shell with different padding, the EPP in the 5500 is black, and I don't think you can really change that. Jordan's is easier. 9500 shell shape, which means 9500 or 5100. One glance at the padding would tell ya.

Eric's helmet is interesting though. Shell is definitely an updated 5500, padding looks like it's from the 3500.

To which I say: What the hell Eric?

That's where you are wrong -

Easton does have it available to dealers, it is a 6-glove minimum. They do not do one-offs.

I know plenty of dealers who do orders and then stock them. Where do you think most of the ones on eBay are coming from?

Didn't know that, thanks! Why doesn't Easton start offering the gloves as a massed produced retail product like the e pro?

That glove is coming from their factory in Canada. Why stretch it thin by making gloves at retail? Not only that, but cost.

Damn you got all that from looking at that picture, I'm impressed

Admittedly I was looking at monkey to compare. I wear a 5000, and when I saw that my reaction was "that padding does not look at all like a 5500". After that I spent a few minutes trying to sort it out.

Oh, the other less likely option I came up with was that being a layer of the comfort foam Bauer uses for the 5100 now. I don't think that's it unless he's particularly crazy- that wouldn't protect much at all, if any.

I for one will miss the Swoosh.

As far as looks goes on the 4 Roll I think the NBH logo looked better as it offered many different colorways. From a marketing standpoint, the Bauer logo stands out a lot more on the gloves, even though they are a bit plain. For the most part I think the new stuff looks better with the Bauer logo. It definitely grew on me.

looks like Bauer updated the 5500 helmet cosmetically. Nice to see they're still gonna keep the 5500 helmet

Curious is Jordan Staal wearing a set of One95 pants or is that a girdle?

You're paying a premium to be the first.

Though it would be an interesting color scheme to do a demo in. Perhaps somebody involved with the US olympic team somehow?

You're paying a premium to be the first.

Though it would be an interesting color scheme to do a demo in. Perhaps somebody involved with the US olympic team somehow?

Probably not, the US ones are on icewarehouse as well.

Ice warehouse has posted a video review of the s19 glove!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbHIO7yHV7A...re=channel_page

Those look like a newer Vapor XX's. I'm not impressed. been there, done that.

Stealths are a much tighter fit, not to mention a better designed cuff then the vapor XX, more mobile fingers and thumb, and better protection. Graphics are flashier then the XX too.

Gloves are not something where there's a whole lot of dramatic difference. It's the little things that set them apart. There's never a whole lot more new to see in gloves, they're all 'been there, done that'.

if the vapor xx and the s19 are virtually the same glove,

These:

hkyarmadillo.JPG

Are almost the same thing as

these:

1065-BAUER-live-main-default-imagedata.jpg

Yeah it's a bit of an exaggeration, but there are quite a few things that easton has made nice improvements on in that glove.

Also, that glove is going on the Christmas list right below the 7.0D S17 black skates to replace my 800Cs.

5368_116293358796_47297078796_2418773_5851757_n.jpg

Wow. Thanks bauer for ruining the 5500. If they keep ruining the looks of there helmets each year im going to have to get a few v8's and stock up. This is crazy.

Wow. Thanks bauer for ruining the 5500. If they keep ruining the looks of there helmets each year im going to have to get a few v8's and stock up. This is crazy.

To each their own! I personally dig the revamped look of the 5500. Any idea (JR?) if and when Bauer will release this revamped model?

Also not really digging the new X60 gloves, maybe because of that color scheme.

Edit: just read on Bauer's Blogsite that a new Bauer helmet will be released in Spring 2010... I WONDER if it'll be the revamped 5500 helmet? the 9500/5100 just came out not too long ago.

also not liking the X60 glove but then i realized its kinda like the rbk 10k and v10 so i dunno, maybe its the new thing, vertical stripes or something similar lol

Yea i agree, the e-pros are freaking terrible! At least release the SE16 with more color choices... I love the glove but the colors are really limited. I assume they don't release the pro gloves to the public for two reasons, to not overload the factory, or because they don't think they will sell at the 150+ dollars.

That's where you are wrong -

Easton does have it available to dealers, it is a 6-glove minimum. They do not do one-offs.

I know plenty of dealers who do orders and then stock them. Where do you think most of the ones on eBay are coming from?

Why don't they let people order the new pro glove? The SE style one?