Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

larrivee

2009-2010 Gear Sightings

Thank you for clarifying the Leopold helmet. I was just curious as to what brand it was, because I saw it on NHL Network during the game, and it looked cool.

Favorite third is the philly orange with the white name plate. Followed by the blue and gold sabres one.

They weren't pics of Tavares, it was a video clip of him on sportsnet, the gloves didn't look so pretty as compared to other blue and orange combos out there.

I think the gloves look weird because on Tavares' gloves the fingers are blue not orange.

Picture1-2.png

I also noticed Tavares is the only prospect with the new gloves...everyone else has solid navy.

Well that's what happens when you're a lock to make the team, and a CCM-endorsed athlete. You're not given what is left in the room. I'm willing to bet they even have his name on them LOL :rolleyes:

Well that's what happens when you're a lock to make the team, and a CCM-endorsed athlete. You're not given what is left in the room. I'm willing to bet they even have his name on them LOL :rolleyes:

If you look really hard, you can see TAVARES written on the cuff extension.

If you look really hard, you can see TAVARES written on the cuff extension.

If you would've looked really hard, you would realize that I was being quite sarcastic.

i actually really like tavares' gloves, just wish there was a little more orange in them

I don't know - I think they did a good job muting the orange. That color can get gaudy pretty quick if they use it too much. I think they did a great job on those gloves.

Our team is trying to pick a new color for next season and I thought the Islanders was a decent option. There's definitely some buzz around that team now - I guess we'll see how they fare in the league this year to know if that was a wise choice or not.

I like the way they look.

Me too. I usually only like the look of four rolls because a lot of the other style ergo gloves have too much going on, but very clean and simple look. I like!

On a sidenote, its comical that a friend of mine looks identical to Tavares and also has a great deal of ccm gear.

Those look great. And they look nicely tapered and close fitting. I might have to give a pair of those a shot.

And with the looks of those, I might just have to wait for pro stock isles.

I also noticed Tavares is the only prospect with the new gloves...everyone else has solid navy.

I am not that much of an Orange fan...but the mix of the orange/blue in those practice jerseys and socks unis are freakin awesome...might have to hit the edge practice jersey spot...

I am not that much of an Orange fan...but the mix of the orange/blue in those practice jerseys and socks unis are freakin awesome...might have to hit the edge practice jersey spot...

I agree and JT's gloves are sick

At Sabres prospect camp last week I had a talk with our first rounder Zach Kassian out back of the rink. He missed the ice portion of camp due to a foot injury, while talking to him I noticed he had a bunch of SWEET warrior dolomites. They had a blue Chinese dragon design wrapping down the stick. I wish I had my camera so I could post a picture. Has anyone else seen a stick anything like that one? I would love to get my hands on one :D

2uze35i.jpg

I dont suppose thats got a price tag on it? :D Would love to own one of those.

i actually really like tavares' gloves, just wish there was a little more orange in them

I agree, a bit more orange like in the good old days wouldn't hurt, orange and navy blue look pretty good together.

potvin2.jpg

It's definately not the same. When they added the new ring at the bottom of the cup, they added a new baseplate with the larger hall of fame logo.

It's definately not the same. When they added the new ring at the bottom of the cup, they added a new baseplate with the larger hall of fame logo.

It's not the same base plate but it is the same number of rings as in the Det photo so that wasn't when they changed it.

my bad, i though they changed added a new ring also (i know it'll be the same number, they take the oldest one off the top), but yeah like a i said, new baseplate for sure.