Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

larrivee

2009-2010 Gear Sightings

Back to gear sightings....

I saw JR wearing the original Jofa cup during the DC skate...just Styrofoam with plastic.

Why do all the juniors ditch the itech visors when they get to the nhl?

if you're asking why they get rid of the DX100 for "regular" visors. I have to believe weight, and the overall size of the visor plays a factor.

Why do all the juniors ditch the itech visors when they get to the nhl?

if you're asking why they get rid of the DX100 for "regular" visors. I have to believe weight, and the overall size of the visor plays a factor.

Agreed, that thing's wicked bulky. I've seen so many pictures of Junior players with their helmets askew, lol. Then again, one could argue it's a 'safer' visor to wear. And I'm sure licensing had something to do with it too.

Not so much a sighting, as a question. With a bunch of the Bauer advertisments showing rebranded Vapor XXXXs I was wondering if at some point the Vapor 40 will rebranded similar to how the 4 roll was?

Not so much a sighting, as a question. With a bunch of the Bauer advertisments showing rebranded Vapor XXXXs I was wondering if at some point the Vapor 40 will rebranded similar to how the 4 roll was?

are you talking about skates or sticks. either way, I doubt many more will be produced, now that the new line is out. One95 gear will be rebranded because it is still the top supreme line product. the vapor line has moved past the XXXX (40)

will the holiday release have a line of protective? Gloves, chest, shins?

are you talking about skates or sticks. either way, I doubt many more will be produced, now that the new line is out. One95 gear will be rebranded because it is still the top supreme line product. the vapor line has moved past the XXXX (40)

I'm pretty sure he's talking about gloves.

If what I understand is true, the retail Vapor gloves are keeping the NikeBauer logo. I've only seen a small group of pros with rebranded Vapor XXXX gloves last season (Moore, Selanne, and Kunitz off the top of my head), so I'm not sure if that trend will continue and that small number will multiply next season. On the other hand, the previous retail Vapor glove line rebranded their gloves when the switch was made from Bauer to NikeBauer. Still, I'm no expert and I'm certainly no insider, so hopefully one of those guys will chime in here with something more. One of you guys know more?

I'm pretty sure he's talking about gloves.

If what I understand is true, the retail Vapor gloves are keeping the NikeBauer logo. I've only seen a small group of pros with rebranded Vapor XXXX gloves last season (Moore, Selanne, and Kunitz off the top of my head), so I'm not sure if that trend will continue and that small number will multiply next season. On the other hand, the previous retail Vapor glove line rebranded their gloves when the switch was made from Bauer to NikeBauer. Still, I'm no expert and I'm certainly no insider, so hopefully one of those guys will chime in here with something more. One of you guys know more?

No NB logos on any NHL product except for skates (older models) NB helmets will be stickered with the new Bauer logo.

bauer branded one95 stick, bauer branded 9500 helmet´

Frallan.jpg

lot of x60 sticks, skates and some new bauer gloves?

Emil-letar-blad.jpg

same gloves

young-guns.jpg

Yes that is correct. I like the look of them too.

On a side note, why do those players have their numbers on their socks? Just because they can? I've never seen that done before.

Yes that is correct. I like the look of them too.

On a side note, why do those players have their numbers on their socks? Just because they can? I've never seen that done before.

i guess it's incase any player loses a limb on the ice, they can easily identify whose legs are whose :P

interesting CCM publicity photo of tavares on PHEW. I cant rip and post because my computer is being annoying, so heres a link. ignore the adolescent arguing, it's not relevant. :rolleyes:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3043...ments&__a=1

Anyway Tavares has a U+ CL in islanders colors. Also worth noting he's wearing socks with the RBK logo just under the knee, like retail versions. will NHL socks have the logo this yea, or did they give tavares some socks off the rack?

Edit: pic added, because im on a public computer

tavares.jpg

The fact that the socks are so loose leads me to think they are just retail socks.

Would have figured the vector logo would be the giveaway. ;)

Pro socks come in different sizes to adjust fit/tightness. Some guys have them super tight, some loose.

You guys didn't hear it from me but those who are looking for black S17's on this side of the Atlantic, "Jingle bells, jingle bells............."

You guys didn't hear it from me but those who are looking for black S17's on this side of the Atlantic, "Jingle bells, jingle bells............."

Bit old on that :) About a month.