Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juiced

Electronic/Techno Music

Is the Alive 2007 from a concert? If so, I found a Daft Punk video on bit torrent from when they did Coachella in 2006. Really awesome stuff, I used a program called super to rip the audio, and now its on a CD fro in my car.

I'd love to see those guys live someday.

Zach

Yea the coachella set is a little bit different then their alive tour set. The Cd was recorded from their concert in Paris. Its on itunes and the quality is amazing. Coachella < alive... its on itunes, go download it and replace the cd in your car. You will thank me!

also +1 for pendulum its the only drum and bass i like. Fasten your seatbealts is an awesome song...

I actually have it in my Itunes, Ill have to give it a go. Im pretty sure Drew has it and likes it as well.

Zach

Went to my first live show in April down here in the District (Washington, DC). Tiesto live at the DC Armory, was amazing, hope you'll have the chance to experience some shows (while in your youth).

+1 Tiesto, PVDyk, Deadmau5.

Love Skrillex, deadmau5, kaskade, a-trak, dj shadow, armin van buuren, eric prydz, steve aoki, ferry corsten, tiesto, and mstrkrft.

OP is correct in that there's so much you can take in, so many small guys making music in their basements. what's also cool is when guys get together and work under different names, like A-Trak and Armand Van Helden = Ducksauce, deadmau5 and Steve Duda = BSOD

internetdj.com is a great place to check out, loads up people uploading

also you can go to soundcloud.com and search a song you like and hear zillions of remixes some by famous guys that remix others music (kaskade is one of the best at this imho) to little guys that are relative unknowns, that you sort of "discover" and start jumping down the rabbit hole so to speak, soundcloud is youtube-esque in that you can start follwing links from certain users and songs and such and discover for yourself some pretty wicked tunes and artists.

Definitely into the DJs... Tiesto and Armin Van Buren are by far some of the best. Also love some of the older stuff from DJ Keoki. He was almost 10 years ahead of his time. "A new hope"....still one of the best of all time:

Kind of shocked that no one has mentioned Aphex Twin in this thread. Definitely one of if not the most influential electronic/techno/IDM artists ever. My band was fortunate enough to play a festival with him in Dublin last month and his set was incredible to experience.

I realize this topic was started a couple of years ago but if you're looking for some specific albums here's what I would recommend:

Aphex Twin: Selected Ambient Works 85-92, Drukqs

Squarepusher: Hard Normal Daddy, Go Plastic

Autechre: Quaristice, Oversteps

Fanu & Bill Laswell: Lodge

Pretty Lights is more on the mellow side, but he puts on one of the best live shows I have ever seen.

If your more into the intense/rave scene then Excision, Datsik, Bassnectar, Antiserum, Tomba, Superdre, Tomba, Document One, Zeds Dead, Doctor P, Trolley Snatcha, and as mentioned above, Flux Pavillion is badass.