Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Cleaning up all of the junk I have and I had a skate fall off the top shelf of a rack. Left a nice slice in my forehead.

I hope it wasn't rusty steel.

Nope, none of my steel is rusty and I had my tetanus shot last year. Stings like hell though.

Forehead cut reminds me of turning abruptly and walking into the flaps on a Cessna wing. Sooner or later, it happens to all Cessna pilots.

Middle of the 3rd period yesterday, A message pops up on the laptop that all my music plays off. "HP Assistant. Reboot is required". Options were "Remind me 1 hour, 2 hours...never"

So, since there is only about 10 minutes left in the period I quickly click 2 hours and ok....computer message pops up. "Windows will reboot in 1 minute" Program closes and the machine goes through the SLOWEST reboot ever.

There were 4 whistles and no Goals during the reboot. Thankfully, the video guy had short clips with music for the stoppages.

Stupid Windows!

Middle of the 3rd period yesterday, A message pops up on the laptop that all my music plays off. "HP Assistant. Reboot is required". Options were "Remind me 1 hour, 2 hours...never"

So, since there is only about 10 minutes left in the period I quickly click 2 hours and ok....computer message pops up. "Windows will reboot in 1 minute" Program closes and the machine goes through the SLOWEST reboot ever.

There were 4 whistles and no Goals during the reboot. Thankfully, the video guy had short clips with music for the stoppages.

Stupid Windows!

Correction - Stupid HP Bloatware! Glad to hear the video guy was able to fill the space though.

Yesterday during my men's league game, I got the puck, circled behind the net and came out the other side with a lot of speed. Beat the first player who promptly tries to hack my hand off my arm, needless to say it REALLY hurt. I looked at the ref, who is buddies with most the other team (although he called a pretty good, unbiased game) and all he gave me was a shrug, no call. In all honesty if I were the defender I would have done something similar, although I wouldn't have swung my stick as hard. What really made me mad was the no call, it was a clear slash and I had the puck so I know the ref was watching. Not much I can do now, but at the time I was very pissed.

Correction - Stupid HP Bloatware! Glad to hear the video guy was able to fill the space though.

It's been over a year since I started....close to 50 games...not to mention all the hours I've spent on that mahcine prepping...first time I've EVER seen that pop up.

Great timing!

Nope, none of my steel is rusty and I had my tetanus shot last year. Stings like hell though.

Maybe lay off any facial expressions until it heals lol

None of this :ohmy: or this :mad:

Maybe lay off any facial expressions until it heals lol

None of this :ohmy: or this :mad:

It's actually healing well, still have a nice inch long red mark about halfway between my hairline and my right eyebrow.

Failed my learner's permit exam because I missed all the junior operator law questions, which don't apply to me :facepalm: . Feel old and also broke. Gotta cough up the $30, study the junior operator laws, and take it again tomorrow. What a headache.

(yes, I am 26 and don't have a license. I haven't ever really needed one thus far.)

shop.nhl.com massive fail.

Ordered a #34 Leafs winter classic jersey 4/22. Told it was backordered, but I should see it by 5/3. Okay, fine.

Then I get a notification that the item is now in-stock and that I'll get another email when it ships. Receive date still estimated at 5/3.

Today I got a notification that my order is delayed: "At this time we do not have a ship date for the item." ... What? Why is there a delay for an in-stock item?

Log into shop.nhl.com, check my order status. Still says "in stock" and still says "You can expect to receive your item(s) between 04/30/13 and 05/03/13".

And the "CANCEL ORDER" button is greyed out now.

Why announce the goddamn jerseys unless you can actually buy one? FFS.

Oh, but on the bright side: "If the item(s) is not shipped by 05/29/2013 the item will be automatically cancelled and your credit card will not be charged,

and/or your money will be refunded."
Thanks guys; Not like I wanted to wear it during playoff games or anything...
Edited by OptimusReim

Back in the day, I ordered my GF an "I <3 Darcy Tucker" (before <3 was a 'thing' yes, it pained me to do so) t-shirt from NHL Shop. I searched through my CC bills, and I honestly don't think I was ever charged for it...but she got the shirt.

Back in the day, I ordered my GF an "I <3 Darcy Tucker" (before <3 was a 'thing' yes, it pained me to do so) t-shirt from NHL Shop. I searched through my CC bills, and I honestly don't think I was ever charged for it...but she got the shirt.

heh. i wonder if you had put ♥ or ❤ in the text field, if it would have actually come out right...

shop.nhl.com massive fail.

Ordered a #34 Leafs winter classic jersey 4/22. Told it was backordered, but I should see it by 5/3. Okay, fine.

Then I get a notification that the item is now in-stock and that I'll get another email when it ships. Receive date still estimated at 5/3.

Today I got a notification that my order is delayed: "At this time we do not have a ship date for the item." ... What? Why is there a delay for an in-stock item?

Log into shop.nhl.com, check my order status. Still says "in stock" and still says "You can expect to receive your item(s) between 04/30/13 and 05/03/13".

And the "CANCEL ORDER" button is greyed out now.

Why announce the goddamn jerseys unless you can actually buy one? FFS.

Oh, but on the bright side: "If the item(s) is not shipped by 05/29/2013 the item will be automatically cancelled and your credit card will not be charged,

and/or your money will be refunded."
Thanks guys; Not like I wanted to wear it during playoff games or anything...

As someone who is in the tech field, I don't get why this bothers you.

It would annoy me, too, to buy something to have for a specific time frame, be notified that it would happen, then get an email telling me one thing, and the web site telling me something else.