Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Allowing families though the first class security lines makes my blood boil.

I just wear my uniform and I don't have to wait behind anyone, go through the nude-o-scope or dump out my coffee.

Are families not in the same class as you?

Not unless they also hold first class boarding passes.

I just wear my uniform and I don't have to wait behind anyone, go through the nude-o-scope or dump out my coffee.

Flight attendant? Or TSA? :)

I hate when that happens. Have you tried asking the officers "Don't you know who I am"?

I hate when that happens. Have you tried asking the officers "Don't you know who I am"?

I shouldn't need to. "I am the person with the first class ticket" should be obvious enough based on FIRST being stamped on the boarding pass :P

I shouldn't need to. "I am the person with the first class ticket" should be obvious enough based on FIRST being stamped on the boarding pass :P

Was it just 1 family? Small kids involved? Did you miss your flight or your priority boarding?

Was it just 1 family? Small kids involved? Did you miss your flight or your priority boarding?

Two actually, and yes small kids.

Nope, made my flight just fine. But that's not the point.

Were you traveling alone? Were you first on right after them? Pain in the ass to travel with kids. Just let them go on their marry way. You still sat in the nicer seats & got the better service so that's worth it right there. I'm sure people take notice of you doing something that they are "entitled" to. Its all good man! Annoying as heck but all the same :)

I'm all for them getting to go ahead of others in the same cabin... because they need extra time, didn't bother to leave home early, poor planning, whatever the reason. But the people who pay extra (a LOT extra in this case) shouldn't get stuck behind those people.

What they really need are first class lines that are completely separate from everything else. Not just up to the TSA podium, but all the way through security as well. If nothing else, because typically the people in such a line aren't confused about whether they have to take their belt off, or what a 3 oz bottle looks like. Some airports have the "frequent traveller" lines that are supposed to be faster, but end up just getting saturated by the same idiots from the other lines.

Whatever. This is the venting thread, you don't have to agree :P

Edited by OptimusReim

No man, I totally agree. People need to plan their stuff better. If they are late & just scooting on by, that's different. I have also seen plenty of people get on after 1st class with kids doing their own thing & they don't need some sissy-ass "get me on the plane faster than them because I have kids". Man I hear you I was under the impression that they were waiting just like you and got on. If they are slow, unprepared and overall not ready...they need to wait!

So what does that make my impala with over 160K miles?

ooooooooold ;)

Just saying, I don't think I've ever had a rental with so many miles on it. I also really hate the way it drives :(

Edited by OptimusReim

I'm all for them getting to go ahead of others in the same cabin... because they need extra time, didn't bother to leave home early, poor planning, whatever the reason. But the people who pay extra (a LOT extra in this case) shouldn't get stuck behind those people.

What they really need are first class lines that are completely separate from everything else. Not just up to the TSA podium, but all the way through security as well. If nothing else, because typically the people in such a line aren't confused about whether they have to take their belt off, or what a 3 oz bottle looks like. Some airports have the "frequent traveller" lines that are supposed to be faster, but end up just getting saturated by the same idiots from the other lines.

Whatever. This is the venting thread, you don't have to agree :P

Having extra security folks just to service first class passengers is not cost effective. There simply aren't enough first class passengers to justify it.

I don't think its a legitimate gripe.. just because the ticket is stamped for 1st class seats does not mean you get on first. If the family was seating in your seats than yeah you can raise hell. I think its a good thing that the family can get on board before the other passengers because you never know if the child or even parents has a health issue that needs to be taken care of before takeoff (anxiety etc)

I don't think its a legitimate gripe.. just because the ticket is stamped for 1st class seats does not mean you get on first. If the family was seating in your seats than yeah you can raise hell. I think its a good thing that the family can get on board before the other passengers because you never know if the child or even parents has a health issue that needs to be taken care of before takeoff (anxiety etc)

If they don't pay for first class, they shouldnt be put in the first class line. period.

You dont have to agree, that's why this is the venting spot and not the discussion spot.

First world problems.

Its the venting spot. I'm venting about being given an awful rental.

I get that I seem like I'm whining about stupid things - but they're frustrating at the time :P

Edited by OptimusReim

I agree, it's time to move on.

I just realized today how much I dislike self-centered, privileged people who think they're better than others.

• Like 1

I get that I seem like I'm whining about stupid things - but they're frustrating at the time :P

Don't let "stupid things" frustrate you. If you're constantly upset about little things, it's much harder to enjoy life.

ooooooooold ;)

Just saying, I don't think I've ever had a rental with so many miles on it. I also really hate the way it drives :(

Well then, let me just rush right out and buy a brand new BMW or two.. :dry: