Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

It would annoy me, too, to buy something to have for a specific time frame, be notified that it would happen, then get an email telling me one thing, and the web site telling me something else.

Especially since I ordered a week ago, hoping to have it in time for the playoffs.

Ended up just canceling the order and placing a rush order for a 3rd jersey. I'll get a winter classic jersey when I'm in Toronto in July. At least then I should be able to get it with the WC patch.

Its kind of like the 4 to 8 hour window for the cable or satellite guys to come out to do an install and they should up a day late. On one of my DirecTV orders, neither the installation guy nor the DirecTV called to say they had to cancel the install after wasting a whole day waiting. Reim'ers issue is a bit different tho.

Two guys that sit behind me at work cut their nails here. One of my old jobs the dude in the next cube over was cutting his toenails . I am in design engineering. Can't we take care of the personal grooming habits at home and not at work?

Two guys that sit behind me at work cut their nails here. One of my old jobs the dude in the next cube over was cutting his toenails . I am in design engineering. Can't we take care of the personal grooming habits at home and not at work?

I work with a buddy that is on my hockey team. He will cut his nails at work sometimes and I give him the hardest time about it. Given, he'll usually wait until no one is around him. There are others at my work who do it while everyone is around. I agree....that's something you do at home or at least go into the bathroom to do. Definitely a pet peeve.

I had some woman doing that on the plane beside me. WTF is wrong with people?

Don't even get me started on the stupid things people do on airplanes. This like putting on nail polish on a 30 minute flight.

Heh, like the guy who decided to watch The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo on a plane. Not sure the anal rape and torture scene was really all that family friendly...

Ha - The things people do on a plane, or in small confined spaces in general, is baffling. The lack of common sense and awareness of your surroundings is truly amazing.

My grandma passed away yesterday and I am still in shock that it happened. I am really gonna miss her.

It has been about 18 months and I still catch myself thinking about doing something and how much my grandfather would have enjoyed going along.

Got a speeding ticket this morning. Last ticket was 10-12 years ago. 100% my fault and didn't even try to argue it. Wasn't paying attention and he got me. Still a bummer way to start my Monday morning. I wasn't even in a rush - Ha.

My 80 + year old boss gave me a project as I was on the way out the door Friday.

To make a complicated story simple, he wanted me to scan a logo he'd been working on and make a digital image of it that he could work with.

Today, having cltogether forgotten that he had asked me to do this, and brought me the same thing to work on, except with additional type cut and glued (!!!) underneath the logo.

He apparently never checked his email today. He should be sitting at home playing checkers with his grandkids. Instead he's spinning his wheels here.

But until I don't need him to sign my checks, here we are, doing this bizarre dance.

My 80 + year old boss gave me a project as I was on the way out the door Friday.

To make a complicated story simple, he wanted me to scan a logo he'd been working on and make a digital image of it that he could work with.

Today, having cltogether forgotten that he had asked me to do this, and brought me the same thing to work on, except with additional type cut and glued (!!!) underneath the logo.

He apparently never checked his email today. He should be sitting at home playing checkers with his grandkids. Instead he's spinning his wheels here.

But until I don't need him to sign my checks, here we are, doing this bizarre dance.

I remember when cut and paste involved a drafting board, an exacto blade and hot wax. Then again, I also remember when my father had a $250k machine for scanning color images too.

I remember when cut and paste involved a drafting board, an exacto blade and hot wax. Then again, I also remember when my father had a $250k machine for scanning color images too.

:smile: sure. Things can be done the old way, when done properly. But what's really driving me nuts is taking the worst aspects of the old way and the worst aspects of digital imaging and throwing them together, expecting a good result.

:smile: sure. Things can be done the old way, when done properly. But what's really driving me nuts is taking the worst aspects of the old way and the worst aspects of digital imaging and throwing them together, expecting a good result.

That was the big knock when "desktop publishing" was a new phenomenon. So many more people would be able to do it, and most of them would do it poorly.

So today I was supposed to have jury duty, and I ended up not having to report. Sounds great, right?

Well, my wife somehow got called for jury duty today too. She still had to go in.

This morning I was planning on staying home, but my wife gets all uptight and says I should go to work. So after a sufficient amount of bitching and moaning I caved and went to the office.

She called me 15 minutes ago to let me know that she had already been released. So now she gets to go home and I'm stuck at work until 5:30. :facepalm::angry:

Blocked a shot last night and both bruising a bone and spraining the posterior tibial tendon. Walking boot for 6 weeks. Spring season's over for me :(

Blocked a shot last night and both bruising a bone and spraining the posterior tibial tendon. Walking boot for 6 weeks. Spring season's over for me :(

And that is exactly why I do my best to avoid blocking any shots. At least it's a walking boot and not a more inconvenient type of cast.

And that is exactly why I do my best to avoid blocking any shots. At least it's a walking boot and not a more inconvenient type of cast.

Yeah, big supporter to the theory of "let the goalie see the shot". I do admit...sometimes my competitive nature gets the best of me and I square up anyways. I've been lucky so far.

Bummer to hear about the walking boot. Like Chadd said....bright side is it could have been worse.

Got my gloves ripped off by some corksucker on sports2k.

Thats been the latest trend over there, the mods dont write you back. I think i'm done with that forum, should i "get banned" or ask to be deleted?

Just stop going to the site...no snese being an ass just to get banned....besides...if it ever cleans up, you may want to go back...or, a la UFC or wrestling...MSH might jsut get SOOOO huge that it buys up the competition!

We don't encourage anyone to do participate in behavior that will get them banned from any website.

• Like 1

So I have been gathering equipment via online shopping, and accumulating it at a friend's house in the area that I used to live (Los Angeles Beach community). I met my wife in that area, and her step son lives there. My wife and I now live in SE Asia. My wife's kid was scheduled to come out and visit us this summer (for what it's worth, he is a nice kid and we get along well, as he is also interested cosmic matters (the ET coverup, spaceships, time travel, metaphysics, electromagnetic fields, etc.). He had happily agreed to haul my gear with him on the plane, about 6 weeks or so when I asked him. For the past 6 weeks or so, I went ahead and had delivered to my friend's house, everything that I will need, except skates (need to figure a way to get fitted still). I had everything shipped to my friend's house for her to pack, and just hand off to him the day before he was scheduled to step on the plane. So earlier this week, I wake up to my wife yelling at her ex- through Skype. She was in the living room, I was sleeping in the bedroom behind a closed door, so I awoke to the sound of unintelligible fury. When she walked into our bedroom, she sadly said, "(My son)'s Dad won't let my son come out here, he says he has to take a college prep math class during summer school so he can get into college." The kid is in 7th grade, and in the top 5% of his class. We will see, it will all work itself out, just less than ideal, moreso for my wife than me (I will get my stuff out here come hell or high water).

Edited by Cosmic

Having some pain in the outside of my left ankle, ONLY when in a boot and the side of the boot is really digging into it. Feels like a funny bone/nerve twitch kind of sharp pain. Looks to me like Sural Neuritis, just in time for playoffs ><. Needless to say, I went out, bought compression sleeves for my ankle and new footbeds that got me on the rink last night for our game with minimal soreness. Of course, I block one shot with the outside of my right foot, one on the inside of my left foot and one right in the sternum (roller hockey, no chest guard). Icing everything for the next day and a half until round two.

Blocked one by accident last week and it earned me this. It's a sold 8-9inches across.

image.jpg

Won't be doing that again soon

Edited by shooter27