Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Need rotator cuff surgery from a cheap cross check i took back in janurary, makes me question if i should hang up the skates or not

Don't retire due to some jerk, have surgery and try to come back. If you truly love the game, you won't be able to stay away.

Don't retire due to some jerk, have surgery and try to come back. If you truly love the game, you won't be able to stay away.

while thats great in principle, this will be my 3rd shoulder surgery (2 on the left, first on the right). I'll continue to ref but playing and getting cheap shots that make me miss a good chunk of work just arent worth it anymore. Very disheartening

while thats great in principle, this will be my 3rd shoulder surgery (2 on the left, first on the right). I'll continue to ref but playing and getting cheap shots that make me miss a good chunk of work just arent worth it anymore. Very disheartening

Wow that's rough man, good luck with your surgery.

Are these kind of things happening to teammates and/or other guys in the league? If not then perhaps the issue could be how you're playing that is making you a target.

• Like 1

Are these kind of things happening to teammates and/or other guys in the league? If not then perhaps the issue could be how you're playing that is making you a target.

the first two were over 10 years ago and the league we play in is chippy and a lot of cheap crap all around

Frustrating week so far. Had to get admitted to the hospital after undergoing a PTC test. The pain has only now started to calm down a little. It is still hard to take a deep breath & coughing is awful.

What I thought would keep me out of work for four days now seems will be closer to a week and a half. Plus I've been stuck inside since I got home from the hospital.

I promised to bring my daughter to a college hockey tomorrow so hopefully that will go well. I hope getting out of the house will be good for me.

Edited by sfdz6_20_07
  • Like 1

I'd like to have the opportunity to miss it.

I had the opportunity, and it was fun for about three years; I have to say, you really do start to miss it.

I had the opportunity, and it was fun for about three years; I have to say, you really do start to miss it.

Heh, three years is right around where I'm at.

I went home to the Toronto area (Barrie, actually) last month. Normally I go during summer or Christmas, but I haven't seen an Ontario autumn since 2005. Sadly, it rained that entire week. But visiting the HHoF and watching NIN in Toronto made it all worth it :)

New machines... :facepalm:

I follow your new machine on twitter and it just tweeted this...

:facepalm: omg this guy couldn't use a commodore 64. Go ahead push another button toughguy :facepalm:

• Like 2

^ I miss snow. I don't get much sympathy from people about the weather though, living in San Diego... lol

But I really do miss actual seasons.

Having lived in Norcal, OC and SD, I actually find the weather to be slightly nicer in Orange County, than in San Marcos. But we're just splitting hairs now...

Well after today I think I've switched teams to the people who don't like snow again! Shoveled the driveway 4 times today and we had to push it out of the spot in the driveway to get it going! Took my wife and I and hour and half of prep work before we were able to hit the grocery store!

^ I miss snow. I don't get much sympathy from people about the weather though, living in San Diego... lol

But I really do miss actual seasons.

Having lived in Norcal, OC and SD, I actually find the weather to be slightly nicer in Orange County, than in San Marcos. But we're just splitting hairs now...

I'd agree, too hot in San Marcos. Ideally we'd be in Carlsbad.