Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Players on my Rec League team that do not help support the Restaurant & Bar that sponsors us. Really frustrating when planning a "team" event and half the guys don't show.

Players on my Rec League team that do not help support the Restaurant & Bar that sponsors us. Really frustrating when planning a "team" event and half the guys don't show.

On a lot of teams we've had, that would have been a good turnout. My current team, on the other hand, you can get about 3/4 of the team to show just by telling them there will be booze.

to my lovely wife: did you seriously just call me at work because you couldn't find the "guide" button on the remote?

what does the restaurant provide to the team? if it's money for registration, the simple step to avoiding this situation is to tell the guys that if they don't support the business on team nights, then they won't stand to reap the benefits of the deal. it's really easy, sponsorships are obligations.

Edited by shotty

I guess the question is how much sponsorship is going on. If the bar is paying for the jerseys then they're getting cheap advertising every game and really can't complain too much. If they're covering league costs, well, then you could have a complaint.

Since moving, I've played on a few different teams. Seems like just when everyone is starting to click together, the next season everyone scatters to other teams.

Most of the "harder" working players have decided to form their own team for the next season... and the solid line that we formed last season is now defunct. Two seasons ago the line mate and I that had about 40goals between us in a 18 game season broke his ankle...

Send me back to where I was before this current location... my team there still wants me back.

I miss my ex bf and want him back, but im too scared to tell him. I really messed up, and don't think i will get to be with him again. I can't stop thinking about him though.

Anyone else in this sort of situation? :(

I'm missing my ex-gf a lot today, too. We had been together for 4 years and it hit the fan about 4 months ago, we've been apart for 3 months and I miss her on a daily basis. Best thing is, keep your head up and if all else fails, you still have hockey to fall back on, right?

I cut myself shaving last night...no not a little nick on the neck or cheek like a normal person...I was trimming my goatee/mustache with scissors and snipped a bit to close to my lip...actually took a chunk (albeit small...but a chunk none the less) out of my top lip. Bled like a sonofabitch. Kinda feels like I got punched in the mouth this morning.

My GF and her daughter laughed at me pretty good for that one last night! She called me a tool...daughter agreed!

Now...I'm no contractor or plumber...but I'm pretty sure when you do a load of laundry, the rinse water should not end up on the floor in the basement. Hmmm....guess I won't be doing that second load today!

Had some technical difficulties with a cheap hacksaw and a miter box that I picked up today (so that I could cut down a stick). The blade must have twisted and started cutting at an angle (it cut into the miter box) leaving me with one crappy looking cut.

I miss my ex bf and want him back, but im too scared to tell him. I really messed up, and don't think i will get to be with him again. I can't stop thinking about him though.

Anyone else in this sort of situation? :(

Just tell him in a genuine way, you've got much more to lose otherwise.

Now...I'm no contractor or plumber...but I'm pretty sure when you do a load of laundry, the rinse water should not end up on the floor in the basement. Hmmm....guess I won't be doing that second load today!

You and me both.

Leaking hose or blown pump? Hopefully it's easy to fix.

It's not the machine...I wish it were that simple. As the water drains from the washing machine...the drain (in the floor in the next room). is filling back into the room.

:(

Same thing happened to my parents place...they ended needing a 1 hour/$300 auger job to clear the drain/sewer line of some roots and debris. Fingers crossed that it's all it will take.

After getting a msg over Xmas that one of my team mates from where I used to live topped himself... I now get a msg over the weekend that our goalie for the past few seasons (missed the last one) has passed away from cancer... we knew he was going thru chemo in the last 3 months or so, and it was supposedly getting better. We even saw him at the last game that I played at, with everyone related to the team turning up to see him.

RIP mate, you'll be missed.

Oh this weekends been loads of fun, and a three day weekend too! First I forgot my skates at home saturday but heres the kicker... the game was 2 hours away from home. I cant wait to face the boys tuesday at practice. Add to this I now think i'm sick with a cold, I forgot an assignment in school that I need to do by tomorrow and the screen on my iphone shattered now I KNOW I have inscurance but according to verizon I only purchased the warantee. The difference you ask? $300 fml

I get home from four long days on the road and the singer in my band hits me up on facebook while I'm showing a picture to my wife on my touchpad. I tell him to give me two minutes and head down to my desktop as it's much easier to chat. He must have been stoned way more than usual, because tonight he was ranting and in rare form. That's actually saying something for someone who has had as many major meltdowns as he has had over the years. Evidently I was causing a problem because I was refusing to play any song he suggested. What he failed to understand is that much of the stuff he was suggesting, in addition to being really obscure stuff, was all recorded with seven stings guitars, and then often tuned down. In order to play the 25 songs he suggested, I would have needed 11 more guitars to cover all of the alternate tunings. That's in addition to the four that I was already using to cover the various tunings.

The worst part is, we actually sounded really damn good, considering where we were in the process. His wife even told him that we sounded better than his last couple bands, and that was after the second run through of songs at the first practice. Long story short, the last three months of practicing my ass off, buying another $1500 in gear and driving 100 miles each way almost every Saturday was pretty much wasted.

The sad thing is I was able to maintain my composure and told him they would be better off without me, since they (he) wanted to go heavier. That just pissed him off more for some reason and he started questioning my commitment level. Eventually 90 minutes after I told him the first time that I would be up to pickup my gear before the end of the week, he told me that I was fired. As frustrated as I was with the whole situation, I had to laugh at that one.

I guess I knew at some point he was going to screw it up. It's his MO, he's done it so many times over the years. Ironically enough, it's often about song selection and him not wanting to play stuff that appeals to a mass audience. Oh well, at least I worked on my chops a little bit and remembered how much I enjoyed playing with other musicians. Now to start the long and arduous task of finding another group of people that can come to some type of agreement on what to play.

I get home from four long days on the road and the singer in my band hits me up on facebook while I'm showing a picture to my wife on my touchpad. I tell him to give me two minutes and head down to my desktop as it's much easier to chat. He must have been stoned way more than usual, because tonight he was ranting and in rare form. That's actually saying something for someone who has had as many major meltdowns as he has had over the years. Evidently I was causing a problem because I was refusing to play any song he suggested. What he failed to understand is that much of the stuff he was suggesting, in addition to being really obscure stuff, was all recorded with seven stings guitars, and then often tuned down. In order to play the 25 songs he suggested, I would have needed 11 more guitars to cover all of the alternate tunings. That's in addition to the four that I was already using to cover the various tunings.

The worst part is, we actually sounded really damn good, considering where we were in the process. His wife even told him that we sounded better than his last couple bands, and that was after the second run through of songs at the first practice. Long story short, the last three months of practicing my ass off, buying another $1500 in gear and driving 100 miles each way almost every Saturday was pretty much wasted.

The sad thing is I was able to maintain my composure and told him they would be better off without me, since they (he) wanted to go heavier. That just pissed him off more for some reason and he started questioning my commitment level. Eventually 90 minutes after I told him the first time that I would be up to pickup my gear before the end of the week, he told me that I was fired. As frustrated as I was with the whole situation, I had to laugh at that one.

I guess I knew at some point he was going to screw it up. It's his MO, he's done it so many times over the years. Ironically enough, it's often about song selection and him not wanting to play stuff that appeals to a mass audience. Oh well, at least I worked on my chops a little bit and remembered how much I enjoyed playing with other musicians. Now to start the long and arduous task of finding another group of people that can come to some type of agreement on what to play.

So, he's a real Art-eest!

Only bad part about being roommates with your best friend is all the practical jokes. Today he managed to lock both our keys in our room, when pulling a prank. Our RA doesn't even know how thats possible. And the front desk lost the main key so we are just chilling until our suitemate gets back to let us in.

Found out last night that my mother decided to sell a number of my grandfathers items without telling me, including a few that he told her that he wanted me to have. "I've been forgetting a lot of little things lately" doesn't excuse denying a death bed request, especially when I have asked about those things a number of times over the last few months.