Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Had the set up for the goal of the game last night, both teams were talking about it after the game while i was leaving, kinda awesome, not awesome was the guy who Cross checked me furiously repeatedly making my back just terrible today, also doesnt help that my G.E.R.D. is flaring up. Worst feeling ever.

7:15 flight from Toronto to Montreal today...connecting to Halifax at 9:30. Arrival in Halifax around 11:55. Well....I was up at 4:00 to get to the first flight...and I am still waiting for the second. Maintenance issues with the connecting plane meant they needed to find a new aircraft to finish the trip.

Families/other connections and groups got placed first. I've wasn't called for standby on the 2p...will likely not get called for the 5p. Booked on the 6:55 to Halifax. Quite the day. I've checked in with my brother...he has lots of cold beer....GOOD...I'm gonna need 1 (or 6).

Oh, by the way...Yes, Air Canada!. FML!

Went to my second interview (at a nation-wide gym chain) sales manager comes out, takes one look at me and says "position's been filled" turned around and walked back to his desk. It was pretty apparent the Roided-Out gorilla didn't want someone that doesn't fit into his army of juiced-up super soldiers selling gym memberships. I am not overly pissed I didn't interview or get the job (I have two much more promising interviews for more lucrative jobs next week) I was more upset with the hour-and-a-half round trip I had to take. Nothing like watching $20 in gasoline go down the drain.

ouch man, hope you find an awesome job since they're too ignorant to try and give someone a chance.

It's not like I'm even a slob or anything, I'm six foot and solidly built. Played varsity baseball through high school and four years of college, and still work out every day. I'm just not cut/ripped/shredded and never will be, it's not in my genes, plus I love to cook and eat. (Guys at WF and SJ will tell you I'm not lying) Anyway, every guy at the gym was cut from the same "Jersey Shore-esque) mold and I could tell from the look I got that the position he I was interviewing for was not filled, but I didn't fit the profile.

And thank you for the kind words, I am praying and have my fingers crossed that one of these interviews really pans out. And congratulations, by the way :)

It's not like I'm even a slob or anything, I'm six foot and solidly built. Played varsity baseball through high school and four years of college, and still work out every day. I'm just not cut/ripped/shredded and never will be, it's not in my genes, plus I love to cook and eat. (Guys at WF and SJ will tell you I'm not lying) Anyway, every guy at the gym was cut from the same "Jersey Shore-esque) mold and I could tell from the look I got that the position he I was interviewing for was not filled, but I didn't fit the profile.

And thank you for the kind words, I am praying and have my fingers crossed that one of these interviews really pans out. And congratulations, by the way :)

Hey man you can do it, i went without a job for almost two years but times have changed, you'll find something good and within your ethics, dont worry what some roid ragging idiot thinks.

and thank you by the way thats awful nice of you.

Warrior is a $50 off a $250 purchase special on their website and only a couple pair of shoes are listed as being exempt. Unfortunately, they won't honor the discount on customizer products.

I'm getting and end of the year bonus. Yea, awesome, money I didn't have before and I'm grateful for it. I write this in the venting spot because the dip shit couple that also works here, who show up 15-30 minutes late, every day, are also getting a bonus because our owner "doesn't think it's fair that everyone else gets a bonus and they don't") Fucking seriously? What is this, first grade? Everyone gets a trophy for participating? smiley-bangheadonwall-yellow.gif

I'm getting and end of the year bonus. Yea, awesome, money I didn't have before and I'm grateful for it. I write this in the venting spot because the dip shit couple that also works here, who show up 15-30 minutes late, every day, are also getting a bonus because our owner "doesn't think it's fair that everyone else gets a bonus and they don't") Fucking seriously? What is this, first grade? Everyone gets a trophy for participating? smiley-bangheadonwall-yellow.gif

Welcome to today's society!

Also, hate the pickup hockey when I'm home from school. Last 2 times I play no goalie, 12 forwards. I bring the goalie gear, 5 goalies 30 forwards. Its literally the largest cluster f$^$ in the world cause you never know what the session will look like.

At least I outplayed the other 4 goalies all of whom have been playing for quite some time, liking the progress I have been making on the 1 year mark of playing in net

Minor annoyance at work. In the depths of the IT department they are turning up the internet filters. Suddenly photo sharing sites like flickr and photobucket are blocked, but the streaming video on NHL.com works. All of my internet radio now doesn't work either. Ah well.

Nothing like blanket solutions in a big company.

There is no ice and the weather doesn't look good for making any. Guess no ice fishing and pond hockey this year. :mad:

Edited by snuzzo24

There is no ice and the weather doesn't look good for making any. Guess no ice fishing and pond hockey this year. :mad:

Was just going to post this- I put up a rink frame the first week in December. It remains unfilled due to the 40 degree weather> Damn you La Nina!

There was supposed to be a pond hockey tourney the first weekend of Jan (6-8) but it has been postponed until later in the month. This weather sucks! Who woulda thought it would be too warm for ice in January in Wisconsin?

Worked tonight, working tomorrow night, and New Year's day, so missing spending New Year's with friends and my girlfriend, and to top it all off, haven't had a chance to get drunk since halloween, can't wait to deal with drunk people tomorrow :rolleyes:

Jesus, will someone please tell these yahoos in the newer cities that NHL players don't hear them when they pound on the glass??? Only the yahoos watching do.

Make it a Public Service Announcement like turning off cellphones at the movie theater.....

Jesus, will someone please tell these yahoos in the newer cities that NHL players don't hear them when they pound on the glass??? Only the yahoos watching do.

Make it a Public Service Announcement like turning off cellphones at the movie theater.....

The sad thing, it isn't just in the newer cities.