Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

I've watched the radio axe swing many times in my 15 years. Today...it hit me!!! (I'm keeping the username though...it's in my settlement. haha!)

The fact that I made it through 15 years and 5 ownership changes is kind of amazing. Now I get to be one in the long line that says "they treated me really well" and even let me say some goodbyes before I left on my own. And hell, I can drink all the wine I want tonight, sleep in and get paid NOT to go to work tomorrow.

The fact that I made it through 15 years and 5 ownership changes is kind of amazing. Now I get to be one in the long line that says "they treated me really well" and even let me say some goodbyes before I left on my own. And hell, I can drink all the wine I want tonight, sleep in and get paid NOT to go to work tomorrow.

You bloody well lasted an aeon in radio years!!!! Crikey...

I used to joke with people, that you can do really bad stuff and not get a 15 year sentence. Maybe this was my get out of jail card. Hopefully on to bigger and better things, just don't know what they are now.

I used to joke with people, that you can do really bad stuff and not get a 15 year sentence. Maybe this was my get out of jail card. Hopefully on to bigger and better things, just don't know what they are now.

There are a couple sites that offer freelance work, a few agencies too. It really doesn't take a big investment in equipment to get good results.

With a minute left and down three, some genius decides to rip a slapper at my leg. The worst part? I had a similar bruise right above it that just went away :dry:

The bright side? I had 4G 4A that game.....and my brother was in net :laugh:

1erxqs.jpg

My job for the past three years has been walking a dog for a local family. Maya was a senior dog when I met her, and the past few weeks she's gotten sick and just ... went downhill. I said goodbye to her today. I'm so grateful I got the chance to hug her again and say, like I did every time I walked her, "Ok, Maya, be a good girl. I love you." But man, stuff like this is never easy. :sad:

:(

The worst day in a dog lover's life. :(

Sorry badger_14

Thanks. I can't imagine how her mom & dad are feeling. (well, I can, sadly, but still). She was such a lovely dog.

My parents won't let me get my temps because I had a C➕, I got it up, and they kept putting it off, and guess what, my grade went back down to a C➕.

So I'm turning 16 in July and won't be able to get my license.

Started reffing again this weekend. Reffed 16 games as a Volunteer and played 10 games as well. I feel like I got shot in the thigh and my feet are still killing me. That wasn't why I felt the need to post this though.

Parents. They are incredible. Now I remember why I hated reffing youth hockey. This was a CHARITY tournament for THE TROOPS. I have never heard so much b**tching about the refereeing. At one point one parent in the stands pointed to a kid on the rink and told him to come fight him. Really?!?! Nevermind the fact that 90% of the refs (there were only 8 or so) VOLUNTEERED their time. Granted some people/players came up and thanked us for volunteering, but they were few and far between.

Edited by kovalchuk71
  • Like 1

My parents won't let me get my temps because I had a C➕, I got it up, and they kept putting it off, and guess what, my grade went back down to a C➕.

So I'm turning 16 in July and won't be able to get my license.

I don't think I'd let a C student get their license either.

Not to start a huge debate...but I don't think it's fair to just flat out say "a C student shouldn't get a licence". But, I will say that I do like that your 'rents are instilling a sense of responsibility in you. A drivers licence is not a right...it's a privilege.

If you aren't driving at 16...it's not the end of the world. I was almost 18 when I got mine. You'll look back and thank your parents that they made you wait.

• Like 1

I'm not a c student though, its one c plus, I still have a b average gpa.

I have a's in like 3 classes, b's in 3 classes (two of them are b plus'), and one c plus (in math)

I don't think I'd let a C student get their license either.

I wouldn't restrict myself to a single criterion for making that decision.
  • Like 1

I wouldn't restrict myself to a single criterion for making that decision.

I read it as C average, not that he got some C grades. So disregard.

Saw my fourth doctor for the concussion stuff today. Strangely enough, I have to wait for him to tell the insurance company what he thinks I should do and they will tell me. Since this is my third serious one, I am a little concerned.

• Like 1