Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raygunpk

Reebok 11K Skates

From what I've been told, you aren't supposed to pump Reebok skates more than 3 times as you may burst the air bladder.

huh? 3 times? that's a very small amount of air...my friend need 12 times to get it snug...no problem at all...

From what I've been told, you aren't supposed to pump Reebok skates more than 3 times as you may burst the air bladder.

huh? 3 times? that's a very small amount of air...my friend need 12 times to get it snug...no problem at all...

That's a pretty good indication that he bought skates that didn't fit properly.

Like someone above said 3 pumps really is nothing. I believe RBK says that most people will need somewhere around 8-10 (remember reading that somewhere legit)

And Chadd, I don't think 12 pumps means that someone bought a pair that doesn't fit right, I do about 10-12 and mine fit really well, I just like a pretty snug upper ankle. I bet the majority of people here use at least 7 or 8 pumps...

Like someone above said 3 pumps really is nothing. I believe RBK says that most people will need somewhere around 8-10 (remember reading that somewhere legit)

And Chadd, I don't think 12 pumps means that someone bought a pair that doesn't fit right, I do about 10-12 and mine fit really well, I just like a pretty snug upper ankle. I bet the majority of people here use at least 7 or 8 pumps...

So there's no exact values for pumping? i've searched about it and the result in every person is totally different. Some said that he pumped more than 15 but the bladder is still solid..the others not...

I asked a question at the CCM forum, and the topic moved on to a discussion of the 11K boot. below is a short description of the new skate that someone posted there.

they have the low profile pump, but they also have a new Surlyn exterior shell for better durability, a new Flexion Zone to help with energy transfer, better Achillies support/protection and a new Tacky Nash with double Clarino liner, not to mention they are much lighter than the 9K's. Plus they've added a new width for guys with narrow heels.

They will be out this spring/early summer and MSRP is $649.99 in the U.S.

I asked a question at the CCM forum, and the topic moved on to a discussion of the 11K boot. below is a short description of the new skate that someone posted there.
they have the low profile pump, but they also have a new Surlyn exterior shell for better durability, a new Flexion Zone to help with energy transfer, better Achillies support/protection and a new Tacky Nash with double Clarino liner, not to mention they are much lighter than the 9K's. Plus they've added a new width for guys with narrow heels.

Good info, thanks. What skates are in the line below the 11K? There seemed to be a hole last generation between the 9K and 5K.

Good info, thanks. What skates are in the line below the 11K? There seemed to be a hole last generation between the 9K and 5K.

the price is killing me... :blink: yeah, im still curious why reebok decide to get rid of 8 to 6k.. if anyone had an info, that would be great..

I agree, When is enough enough with these prices..... I dont think they got the memo on the current economic state.

On another note I think I saw Savard rocking these the other night.

Sounds pretty good so far, but anything new, anything groundbreaking with them, any new technologies put into them, or is it just a better built skate with more atention to details? Because for this kind of money, they shoould come up with something special

im good friends with the reebok/ccm rep so he told me a few things about it.

more comfort (especially with that sweet new tongue)

padding on the inside is going to be nice

probably the same weight as the 9k, probably a little lighter

its suppose to fit a little nicer too and hold up better...

im probably gonna demo a pair soon and afterwards pick up a pair myself for around $250 =)..

and they wont be $650 in the u.s...the most would be $550

im good friends with the reebok/ccm rep so he told me a few things about it.

more comfort (especially with that sweet new tongue)

padding on the inside is going to be nice

probably the same weight as the 9k, probably a little lighter

its suppose to fit a little nicer too and hold up better...

im probably gonna demo a pair soon and afterwards pick up a pair myself for around $250 =)..

and they wont be $650 in the u.s...the most would be $550

wow! $250?? you are a damn lucky person.hoho. maybe the price can go down on online shop?but $550 is more reasonable than $650.. T.T

How is that skate available January 15 and I don't know a dealer who has been walked through the Reebok line yet...I think there must be some sort of misprint or Reebok is taking a giant leap of faith here...

JR, I have no idea how the skate industry works, but being first to market in an industry that is constantly looking for the next big thing seems like a good risk to take. The Bauer skates, which I view as their biggest rival are still months away. That shiny new Reebok is gonna be awfully tempting in a month, knowing you still have like 4 months before you can even touch a One100. I don't know, maybe I'm way off, just thought that is what they might be thinking.

How is that skate available January 15 and I don't know a dealer who has been walked through the Reebok line yet...I think there must be some sort of misprint or Reebok is taking a giant leap of faith here...

I don't think the Rep I know even has a sample of the 11K right now.

I agree, When is enough enough with these prices..... I dont think they got the memo on the current economic state.

On another note I think I saw Savard rocking these the other night.

Yes you did see Savard wearing them. Noticed that quick since he started the year on CCM U+. Sweet looking skates in black.