Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Bauer Supreme TotalONE

And I'm sure we'll see players who do move away from it for looks, but from a performance standpoint my understanding is the tongue is the driving force behind the skate. Without it you're losing most of that jump.

Did you get to the try them on when you were fitted or just sized up?

Tried on One95 and Vapor X-60 just to get a feeling of what I'd need. No TO's to try one until they drop on 4/15.

My foot is definitely a Supreme foot. I have some oddities to my feet though (I got DarkStar50 to saw wow I think once or twice when relating the width of the front part of my foot to the width of my toes and the size of the outsides of my big toes without any calluses on them, hahaha) which basically made me need a custom boot. I have two decently different sized feet which were causing problems, a thin foot, a thin heel, and some other stuff.

Tried on One95 and Vapor X-60 just to get a feeling of what I'd need. No TO's to try one until they drop on 4/15.

My foot is definitely a Supreme foot.

Quick question to anyone and I'm sure it's been covered to death, but in layman's terms, what is the difference between the 'supreme' and 'vapor' feet?

I think my feet are thin heel, wider forefoot and toe area.

Would that be the ideal fit for Supremes?

Alternatively, would the Vapors be more for long slender feet?

I love my one95's and they feel great, a bit of a 'pinch' in the toe area on one feet. I should have probably gone with EE width, the dealer put me in D's and I had always thought I needed wider skates, but I digress.

I want to be sure what I am asking for when I get my TotalOne's.

Also, I want to get my daughter either one100's or X:60. Her feet are long and slender, should I focus on her trying on the Vapors?

Just go to your lhs and have her try on both.

As for your One95's, if they pinch a bit in the toe you could try just getting them punched out. Other than that have your width measured and wear the skates that fit the best.

The biggest thing for me as far as Supreme goes is that I needed the depth. I don't really know what it is besides that other than the Supreme just felt like a better fit than the Vapor.

Just go to your lhs and have her try on both.

As for your One95's, if they pinch a bit in the toe you could try just getting them punched out. Other than that have your width measured and wear the skates that fit the best.

I will definitely get her to try on both once the one100's are out.

I was just looking for generalities in regards to the Supreme and Vapor, which skate best fits which type of foot.

From what I gather, Supreme's are best for wider forefoot thinner heel but Vapor's are better for long slender type feet.

I really want to get her the one100's so I am hoping they fit her the best.

I know I'm getting TotalOne's either way so either way, I win.

Have them ship undrilled on your custom order, Mack.

That seems like a new development. Do you think they'd be willing to mount them in a pair of the new cowlings for me, or should I be resigned to doing that for myself again?

For some reason, I had it in my head that Bauer hadn't historically allowed boots to ship undrilled except in team orders. Where I got that idea, I'm not sure.

I meant to ask whether Bauer would be likely to agree to mount a pair of TO boots in the new One100 cowling for me, or whether I'd have to order them separately and do it myself. That, the last time I asked my shop, was an uproarious, "Hell no, you're on your own." I had planned on ordering the cowlings now to give them a spin (should be a bit of an adjustment, given the height and geometric changes), and then dealing with the boots later, but if it would be possible to get them together, that might be more sensible.

Correct: it is highly abnormal, and you read right.

It's for a number of reasons, chiefly fit and a few peculiar mechanical issues with my ankles, but also function. I've been doing it for a couple of years now with a variety of boots and cowlings to increasing success.

I'm extremely interested in the way the unusual availability of the blade to the ice on the new One100 cowlings would work in conjunction with a 'springback' effect like people have noticed with the TO, and the Reflex tongue in particular, during low-angle butterfly pushes. One of the biggest issues right now is how high a goalie's knee has to come off the ice in order to get enough blade on the ice for an effective backside push; witness Talbot's first goal on Osgood in the Finals and countless other examples.

Flexlites, and I've also used 709s. Personally, I *need* a high-cut boot, or at least one that offers significant medial/lateral stability. I'd been kicking around the idea of Kors for a while as well. I have had zero issues with my ankles as a result of boot-height, and I've found my skating much more powerful.

Generally, I'm beginning to think the idea that goalies need a low-cut boot and no tendon-guard is as much of a holdover as the fixed toe-bridge and bulbous cowling.

That being said, I am definitely interested in the MLX skates, largely for protective reasons. I really don't like how exposed my Achilles is in any skate while in my stance, and the range of motion in that tendon guard looks ideal.

Disclaimer: most of this is purely idiosyncratic; my suspicions about its broader application are duly tempered.

Never heard of that before but neat to think that guys are braking the mold to find what works best for them. I can see where it would help you get around quicker, probably get to those corners to play the puck pretty darn fast.

John McLeod is the first guy I saw doing it, though he also has kind of an odd clap-skate thing going on with his Tacks/Graf cowlings. He only has the front of the skate bolted in; I had to fully secure mine.

How could he possibly stand with only the front of the skate mounted? I couldn't even skate when I had two rivets come loose without feeling like me knee was gonna blow out on me!

He's a very odd duck; great guy, but very much a bird of his own feathers - as actors generally are. :) I absolutely couldn't deal with an unsecured heel either; then again, I'm also a pretty pronounced heel-pusher.

(Sorry for the derailment. Back on topic...)

Well, let us know your thoughts after skate in them Vath.

I dont think it's gonna happen.

Most probably a great skate but far too expensive.

Here a vapor X60 black edition is tagged 900euros :D

I really wonder if they are gonna do again a 1st (fake) limited edition like they did before to boost the sales. Then a bit later to release the exact same skate as a regular retail skate "for everybody"

Let's just hope that they are gonna have a nice price point skate like the supreme70, X40, XXV ...

Just a bit sad to see companies having really hard time to innovate it's been 3 generations they are just improving the same model. Some will argue that if the product is excellent why would they have to change it..OK but in this case how come the price is going up and up ? I think their initial R&D investment for the key features of the ONE has returned now.

If you fit perfectly in the original one90 the one95 and these new TO are irrelevant for you. I really doubt you will see a major improvements or completely different feeling..

It would be good to see Bauer pull out some completely new skates like the one90 was with some amazing unique features... then it would be way less painful to give a kidney for a pair.

The fit completely changed between the one90 and one95. The TotalOne is another change in boot design and internal materials... keep reaching maybe you'll find a valid point somewhere.

A Porsche 911 and a Porsche 911 GT3 look a fair bit alike but they are completely different in all other areas, just because they look similar doesn't mean they are the same.

I guess you just want Bauer to pull a Reebok and redesign the same skate over and over with a different graphics package? If anyone's price should be dropping it's Reebok, not Bauer.

Early adopters pay for the latest and greatest. The rest of us can hold out and see if the tech drops down like it did from the One90 to the One75. I just find these technological theories interesting.

Just a bit sad to see companies having really hard time to innovate it's been 3 generations they are just improving the same model. Some will argue that if the product is excellent why would they have to change it..OK but in this case how come the price is going up and up ? I think their initial R&D investment for the key features of the ONE has returned now.

You mean like CCM and Reebok? Cause the one90, one95 and totalone are all different skates. That's why the one100 is being released and the totalone is the upgrade, different R&D and better build quality.

Now if you're just doing this to get a rise out of people then good luck, cause your comments aren't even remotely close to being valid enough to get so much as a chuckle out of most of us.

I have a question about the mid price point skate for the new supreme's this year. Is the One80 also the same as the one75 using the one90 materials and carrying it over? On the catalogue it looks like the change is that the one80 is going to get a composite outsole while the one75 had a texallium composite outsole?