Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Bauer Supreme TotalONE

Ok - after reading all 14 pages it doesn't look like my questions have been answered so I'd appreciate if the gurus (DS/JR) could enlighten me :):

Is TO lighther then S15?

Will TO be as 'tough' as One95 (like in that 2 years old video of a puck hitting S15 vs One95)?

Will TO be as durable as One95?

lastly I think there was a discussion about Fusion steel coming out of the box already accurately profiled at 9' neutral vs previous LS2 & LS2.1 being his/miss?

Thanks!

Yes

The externals are the same

The externals are the same, so shouldn't have any durability issues when compared to ONE95

All Bauer steel moving forward are 9', that includes Fusion, LS2 and LS2.1

Yes

The externals are the same

The externals are the same, so shouldn't have any durability issues when compared to ONE95

All Bauer steel moving forward are 9', that includes Fusion, LS2 and LS2.1

fantastic - thanks JR!

wow - I definitely need to look at one then.

hard to justify the purchase though - after 2 years One95s are still holding up well

JR

just to confirm - you used to skip the top eyelet in One95 but I think I might have read somewhere that you don't do it anymore with TOs? is the reflex tongue + the boot construction flexible enough so that you're getting a good flex?

Care to elaborate on the change?

Thx!

Yes, I am no longer skipping the top eyelet - it was lowered on the TotalONE, so I discovered that skipping the top eyelet puts me lower than what it was on the ONE95. All the way laced, I feel quite a bit of flexibility and spring in my stride.

JR/DS, can we talk about the tounge a little bit? I know the flex rated plastic insert slides in the front but is there also plastic in the tounge itself? Is the tounge similar to the one95? I loved the way the one95 fit BUT I have this bone that sticks up a little on the top of my feet and those thin plasticy tounges on the one95 brusied the top of my boney feet "Not do to lace bite" I need more of an old school padded tounge. "Custom" Can you tell me a little about the T1 tounges. Also I saw quick glimpse of the T1 in a reps bag in my LHS and the tounges were black not white? THX

saw a pair today, belongs to a KHL player...

First I didn't see anything that explains the disincentive price..

I was impressed with the weight they are definitely light, i wouldn't say lighter than some U+ and s15 since i didn't have them to compare but definitely in the same range...extremely light feeling. Hope that they dont have the one95 sponge issue that absorbs the sweat of your feet resulting in a skate that weigh a tone after an hour ...

They are amazingly ugly, like the one90/95 you need a small feet to have some good looking skates, otherwise the shape becomes horribly defomed.

The customizable reflex tongue definitely looks like a joke, it looks/feels incredibly cheaply made (remind me my supra 709). Nice gadgets for the pubes.

The guy doesn't really use them. He didn't notice a significant improvement over the one95 so he's gonna finish his stock of one95s before using those new TO. But on the other hand he still prefers the one90 and 8090 over the one95/TO.

-> So to sum up some cheesy pieces of plastic with a fancy name "reflex tongue", new runners that save up few grammes by probably reducing the quality of the it and the durability or not.. but definitely doesn't change anything for the player, a very light boot (only true new feature to me)... and all of this for 800usd B) or how Bauer takes their customers for cash cows.

I was more impressed by the 11k that doesn't look like an old model refurbished and sold 50% more.

JR/DS, can we talk about the tounge a little bit? I know the flex rated plastic insert slides in the front but is there also plastic in the tounge itself?

They are amazingly ugly, like the one90/95 you need a small feet to have some good looking skates, otherwise the shape becomes horribly defomed.

-> So to sum up some cheesy pieces of plastic with a fancy name "reflex tongue", new runners that save up few grammes by probably reducing the quality of the it and the durability or not.. but definitely doesn't change anything for the player, a very light boot (only true new feature to me)... and all of this for 800usd B) or how Bauer takes their customers for cash cows.

The Reflex tongue inserts are not plastic.

Did in fact you wear or closely scrutinise the TOs, or was it unbearable for you even to look at a skate that isn't lasted like a loaf of bread?

The Reflex tongue inserts are not plastic.

Did in fact you wear or closely scrutinise the TOs, or was it unbearable for you even to look at a skate that isn't lasted like a loaf of bread?

Hey now, CCM is almost at a year since they "fixed" their U+ fail. Reebok was just making such a great skate that they don't need to change anything but graphics and brand name since the 9K came out!

The guy doesn't really use them. He didn't notice a significant improvement over the one95 so he's gonna finish his stock of one95s before using those new TO. But on the other hand he still prefers the one90 and 8090 over the one95/TO.

when I started reading the post I though it might be insideful until I got to the part above which pretty much summed it up for me...

To me personally the credibility of someone who thinks that 8090 is in any way better then One95 is VERY low!

I never use the term "tool" but at first I forgot about Vath and his bs until about halfway through the post. This guy is a tool. He really doesn't have a clue. At least, if you want to try to tear down a product, any product, use facts, not bullshit.

It seems my question got dismissed because of knucklhead Vathsdrop and his big mouth so I will bump it and re post..... JR/DS, can we talk about the tounge a little bit? I know the flex rated carbon/plastic insert slides in the front but is there also plastic in the tounge itself? Is the tounge similar to the one95? I loved the way the one95 fit BUT I have this bone that sticks up a little on the top of my feet and those thin plasticy tounges on the one95 brusied the top of my boney feet "Not do to lace bite" I need more of an old school padded tounge. "Custom" Can you tell me a little about the T1 tounges. Also I saw quick glimpse of the T1 in a reps bag in my LHS and the tounges were black not white? THX

I'm just going go out and say it - if you feel you need a more padded tongue the one100 might be the skate for you. My understanding of the totalone's is that if you take away the tongue then you're taking away a huge technological advantage of the skate and you're better off saving your money one the one100.

Secondly, I'm just gonna guess that the reps skate might have not have been a retail unit or final version.

It seems my question got dismissed because of knucklhead Vathsdrop and his big mouth so I will bump it and re post..... JR/DS, can we talk about the tounge a little bit? I know the flex rated carbon/plastic insert slides in the front but is there also plastic in the tounge itself? Is the tounge similar to the one95? I loved the way the one95 fit BUT I have this bone that sticks up a little on the top of my feet and those thin plasticy tounges on the one95 brusied the top of my boney feet "Not do to lace bite" I need more of an old school padded tounge. "Custom" Can you tell me a little about the T1 tounges. Also I saw quick glimpse of the T1 in a reps bag in my LHS and the tounges were black not white? THX

It's a soft tongue - no lacebite guard. The insert serves as it. It is a totally new tongue, not a thick felt, and not a molded one like what was on the ONE95.

I think I'm going to go ahead and get custom TOs. Moooo.

Get in line behind me :lol:

Anyways, while I was being fitted for my TO's I was intrigued by the tounge, but there is no way I think it would be a good idea to go away from that tounge and to a regular felt tounge or like something that was on the One95 unless absolutely necessary (and I'm not real sure what that necessity would be).

The only real negative as far as I've seen is that if you order TO's custom you have to specify the Fusion steel because custom TO's going to the pros are coming stock with LS 2.1.

Oh yeah. A shop owner near me back in college had them and no one touched them so I cleaned him out of what would fit.

That's what I was thinking, but I'm curious to the new steel. I guess I shouldn't change and stick with what I know.

Anyways, while I was being fitted for my TO's I was intrigued by the tounge, but there is no way I think it would be a good idea to go away from that tounge and to a regular felt tounge or like something that was on the One95 unless absolutely necessary (and I'm not real sure what that necessity would be).

And I'm sure we'll see players who do move away from it for looks, but from a performance standpoint my understanding is the tongue is the driving force behind the skate. Without it you're losing most of that jump.

Did you get to the try them on when you were fitted or just sized up?