Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Bauer Supreme TotalONE

Do you guys really think you are gonna get an honest and non-biased feedback from a guy that basically get all the stuff for free for ages... in order to come here to convince you that we should all start to masturbate on the new skate's specs ???

Obviously if he starts to say that the skate is just one more giant dildo that goes straight in your rectum when you pass to the cash desk...i dont think our dear hockey companies will continue to feed him...

First the price ... 800dollars apparently few seem to realize that's a full wage for a lot of people... and we have our guy who declares he needs more time to figure out if extra 400-300 dollars are worth compare to the one95 ... my days guys!!! get back to earth! quickly...

For 800dollars you can get almost 3 pairs of clearance high-end skates.

And second since when spending so much money in a skate, will make you go faster ?? :rolleyes: instead of spending the extra money in a high-end money , subscribe to a gym. Pavel bure was a pure rocket and he didnt need a pair of TO.

No offense I love this board and it's a probably a privilege (or a bauer's marketing operation who knows :D ) that we have some members that can show us upcoming stuff before everyone else... but i have this feeling that lately we read more and more a lot of crap that nobody gives a fuck about.

It would be nice to see some "senior" members give a real review about skates regarding some more interesting aspects :

how come price is going up and up but the improvement on skates seems to be very minimal every generation as if manufacturers were stuck and can't innovate anymore?

did they use a new manufacturing process? cause i think if it's the same than the one90, bauer should have recouped the cost by now but prices still increase..

how much cost a pair when it got out of the factory? ...)

...instead of talking about the 4grammes won over the previous ones, the new "revolutionnary' plastic pieces that dont change anything but drag the price up, ... etc

Some people have a lot of knowledge about gears, it's just a bit of shame to see them stooping to those kind of speech. In the end it nearly like they are here to sell a product :huh:

Im exaggerating but you got the idea!

i agree. actually pavel bure when playing in ussr and becoming pavel bure and making his name and the olympics and all skated in graf 707 which they still manufacture today. you can google the pic if you want. Too much for skates, that for sure, but there is another prediction bauer wont have trouble selling them, as ppl got money to burn these days, only thing is when u see some with those skate you may know that your looking at a fucking idiot, who need those 2 extra grams, bc it make that difference in the C or D league which he plays in. Haha

i agree. actually pavel bure when playing in ussr and becoming pavel bure and making his name and the olympics and all skated in graf 707 which they still manufacture today. you can google the pic if you want. Too much for skates, that for sure, but there is another prediction bauer wont have trouble selling them, as ppl got money to burn these days, only thing is when u see some with those skate you may know that your looking at a fucking idiot, who need those 2 extra grams, bc it make that difference in the C or D league which he plays in. Haha

I'd be willing to bet, if polled that at least 90% of the people here would say even the best, most expensive, high end, state of the art gear will only have a marginal impact on their games. We spend the money because we WANT the advantage, however slight, or, for a lot of us, because we really like breaking in skates, using fresh gear, and being ahead of the curve gear wise. Theres not a man or woman here who thinks the TotalOnes will be the ticket to the next level, or levels, of hockey. I'm not going to drop a grand on custom TotalOnes, pull them on, feel blue sparks flow through my body and all of a sudden skate, shoot, and stickhandle like Jean Beliveau. And no one else here thinks they will either. They just LIKE GEAR! And if they want $800 skates, thinking it will let them skate blueline to blueline in .2 seconds less than before, or maybe they just feel better in them, what's wrong with that?

And those Grafs you mention were outrageously priced back then, too. However, if you can afford to drive a Ferrari, it's is nobody else's business if you do.

I've read through all 20 some odd of these pages and am still un-sure of what I'm going to do, any advice from you guys would be helpful..

I have worn my NBH One95's for the past 2 seasons and was planning on going to custom order the newest supreme line skate that had came out. I'm still planning on going custom (which means TotalOne, from what I understand) but I'm not sure about the tongue concept. I didnt have any problems with the One95's so I would have no problem getting the One95 tongues put on my TotalOnes. From what I've read it'd be worth it to stick it out and try the new tongues. I know JR said floppers dont bother, so just a quick bonus question (I am not a flopper), can you order the new tongues with (for example) +1.5" so you could flop them if you wanted to?

I haven't seen or handles the TO's, but just from reading this thread it's been said that the tongue is part of the concept of the skate. It's not a comfort or cosmetic thing. If you don't want that feature you might as well get the 100's customized how you want.

Just to clarify, ONE95s are no longer available as a custom. ONE100s are not available as a custom from St. Jerome. The TotalONE is the only Supreme skate that is available for custom make up.

Just to clarify, ONE95s are no longer available as a custom. ONE100s are not available as a custom from St. Jerome. The TotalONE is the only Supreme skate that is available for custom make up.

Which will cost as much as a retail TO. You could pimp out X60s with a some of the TO features, and I don't think price jumps up because you do that. I saw a guy on PHEW with basically TO's in an x60 boot (fusion steel, quarter packaging, etc)

Which will cost as much as a retail TO. You could pimp out X60s with a some of the TO features, and I don't think price jumps up because you do that. I saw a guy on PHEW with basically TO's in an x60 boot (fusion steel, quarter packaging, etc)

I have a tough time believing that because there is not any fusion steel available as a custom option right now, it's all overseas being used for the retail makeups.

Only reason I know is because my custom TO's are coming first with regular steel, then later with fusion that I can plug in and keep the regular steel as a backup (which I'm paying for, of course).

Fusion steel not supposed to be available until May

Fusion steel is going retail in May. There will be a special pre-pack for dealers of Fusion and LS2 steel runners to sell. As for putting the Reflex tongue on an X:60, the one thing I would be concerned with is the deeper angle of the eyelets on an X:60(a major feature of the Vapor series since Day 1 in 98) boot being too spread apart and the Reflex tongue perhaps not having enough total coverage across the laces. Something to think about although I could never imagine that type of problem leaving the custom shop on a finished boot. Some guys do like a 3"+ spread on the laces on a custom Vapor, though.

If you don't want the tongue don't bother shelling out the extra cash. Get the one100's and save your money because grabbing the TO's and swapping out the tongue is absolutely pointless. You can't flop the tongue because the inserts keep it pressed against your foot, so adding extra material won't make a difference. Your only option is to just wear the tongues out, over your socks.

At retail? And for custom X:60's could you put the reflex tongue on it?

Fusion steel as a seperate pack will not be available at retail until May. Also, I would assume that Fusion steel available off the custom shop floor won't be available till May as well.

Fusion steel will obviously be on the TO's when they hit the shelf at retail on 4/15 but not on customs at that point (mine won't but I will get the fusion steel after the pack hits the shelf)

If you don't want the tongue don't bother shelling out the extra cash. Get the one100's and save your money because grabbing the TO's and swapping out the tongue is absolutely pointless. You can't flop the tongue because the inserts keep it pressed against your foot, so adding extra material won't make a difference. Your only option is to just wear the tongues out, over your socks.

I realize that, but I've seen custom One95's with thick and very stiff inserts in the tongue, but they also had an extra 1.5". So the insert stays where it normally would be, the material just "flops". So that was my question. Could you do that?

Also, I phoned a few stores today. Found out that the Canadian price will be from $799 -$849 and custom would add about $150 dollars. But both stores also said that custom order will not be available until June? Any confirmation on that?

I realize that, but I've seen custom One95's with thick and very stiff inserts in the tongue, but they also had an extra 1.5". So the insert stays where it normally would be, the material just "flops". So that was my question. Could you do that?

Also, I phoned a few stores today. Found out that the Canadian price will be from $799 -$849 and custom would add about $150 dollars. But both stores also said that custom order will not be available until June? Any confirmation on that?

My assumption is what they mean is that if you went in to get a custom setup today, it wouldn't be available for 8 weeks. That would put you right around June 1st.

From JR and DS50's reviews the new liner seems to be pretty awesome. I recall reading it didn't have that slimy feeling the current liner has. As for experience with both skates I don't think anyone has tried the one100 yet, and considering it is only different from the one95 in the tongue, I think you have a pretty safe personal experience of what they will feel like. Personally (I'm like you wanting to have the best at the time) I'd go for the totalone's. Especially if they don't get the chance to dry out. The totalOnes also have 4 holes in the outsole to help drain sweat.

Only the totalOne's have the new liner, correct?

Well when you say it like that...we're talking about a $200 tongue.

Only the totalOne's have the new liner, correct?

Yes

Well when you say it like that...we're talking about a $200 tongue.

Well you get Fusion Steel, better liner, vented outsole, and the reflex tongue. The first three help reduce weight. The tongue is the driving force in propelling your stride and is ultimately what Bauer has engineered to give you a faster first step. Yes, you can remove it and still have a great skate, but without it you're paying $200 for better steel and a different liner, plus $100 for a worse tongue. If flop is that important than yes, I'm sure you can just sew some extra material to the top of the tongue and let that flop over.

So is there no way to get a Supreme style skate, custom made without getting a TotalOne level of skate?

I'm a C league player, 39 years old, overweight and just likes to play the game. However, I have really screwed up feet and require a custom skate, but need no where need the level of a TotalOne.

I've tried to get a Vapor custom made, but I've now been through two pairs that Bauer has made and they cant get it right. It just seems that the Vapor style boot just does not work for me. I want the higher volume of the Supreme boot and thought they could give it to me with a custom Vapor, but with two pairs now, there just isnt enough and I'm getting a ton of lace bite and it seems the shape of the boot and eyelets over the instep might be the issue.

Any ideas? My LHS is at a loss, dont want to go for a third pair of Vapors to see if they work. I'd like a Supreme, however, I couldnt order a One95 when I started this process and really do not need a TotalOne, not to mention, just hate the idea of even showing up for a C game or pickup with that level of skate. Doesnt even make sense for a guy that is on the ice 3 or 4 times a month to have that skate, but cant get anything off the shelf to even come close to fitting me properly.

I've tried everything on.

Supremes were the closest out of the box for me, however, they were not nearly wide enough unless I got something that was a size or more too big for me.

Wide foot, no taper to it, narrow heel for width of foot, fairly high instep and several bones sticking out that require punching (that will need work regardless of custom or not).

Currently in Graf G70s, width ok, but too much moving in heel and they're too big to get the width. Reeboks, too narrow, CCMs too narrow, especially through arch area (though these might be a custom option), Vapors not enough volume and too narrow, Eastons not enough volume and too narrow, Supremes, good overall except for width.

Would have done custom Supremes to just get the extra width and shape for my foot, but couldnt at the time (started this in late December). Also knew the TO would have been the only Supreme option and wasnt ready to spend almost $900 (retail plus custom fee) on a pair of skates for a once a week skater.

My LHS and I thought that Bauer could give me a "Supreme" fit with the Vapors if we went custom, so I tried it. But again, it just doesnt seem to have the depth over the instep and is causing me severe lace bite issues when I tried them on today. First set Bauer made a half size too short and too narrow. These are better in width, though still needed some punching, length is good, but I still fail the pencil test and get the lace bite. Seems its the more 90 degree shape of the eyelets that might be causing the issue.

Also, not thrilled that on this set the holder on the right skate seems to be off and makes me feel like my ankle is rolling to the inside. A plumb shows this too as the blade is just off to the inside of the centerline of the boot. Not thrilled with that and not sure if just a new holder would help or if it is a screwup in the mounting. Either way, with the lace bite and the holder issue, looks like this second pair isnt going to work either. LHS is hesitant to have them do another pair as he's just not sure with the shape of the Vapor boot now if they'll be able to make it work or not.

Again, I'd be happy with a Supreme type skate such as a One100 or so, or even a TO if they could do it without the special tongue and Fusion steel and give it to me for a more One100 type of price. I'm going to inquire more with my LHS on this idea tomorrow and see if he can at least suggest it to the Bauer rep and see what happens.

I did, they might be a possibility if I can get them to be significantly upgraded in terms of stiffness and durability. I tried them and they felt more like my 20 year old Daoust 501s and didnt feel like they were worth the money, otherwise I'd just stick with my old skates. I would like to be able to take advantage of some of the improvements over the years and get something very light and stiff. The Flexlite 4.0s I tried just felt like mushy old leather skates. Though they were wide enough for me, I just didnt like the skate.

My Grafs are comfy, just the heel moves a bunch in my right skate and they are about a half size too large on me. Left skate fits fine, my right foot is a 1/4 size smaller than my left, but wider with a narrower heel. I got a screaming deal on them so bought them anyway to get out of my old Daousts till my custom Vapors came. Now I may be sticking with them longer.

Sorry, I dont want to derail this thread. We were talking Supremes and customs so thought I'd just ask/wonder again even though I've been told nothing but TO.

If anyone has any suggestions, you can IM me so as not to take this thread away from its intent.

Thanks.

I did, they might be a possibility if I can get them to be significantly upgraded in terms of stiffness and durability. I tried them and they felt more like my 20 year old Daoust 501s and didnt feel like they were worth the money, otherwise I'd just stick with my old skates. I would like to be able to take advantage of some of the improvements over the years and get something very light and stiff. The Flexlite 4.0s I tried just felt like mushy old leather skates. Though they were wide enough for me, I just didnt like the skate.

My Grafs are comfy, just the heel moves a bunch in my right skate and they are about a half size too large on me. Left skate fits fine, my right foot is a 1/4 size smaller than my left, but wider with a narrower heel. I got a screaming deal on them so bought them anyway to get out of my old Daousts till my custom Vapors came. Now I may be sticking with them longer.

Sorry, I dont want to derail this thread. We were talking Supremes and customs so thought I'd just ask/wonder again even though I've been told nothing but TO.

If anyone has any suggestions, you can IM me so as not to take this thread away from its intent.

Thanks.

the 4.0 pro's are a VERY different animal from the regular 4.0. noticeably stiffer (think along the lines of a rbk 9k, but slightly stiffer) and surprisingly light. my brother has the pro's in size 6D while my x60's are a 6EE. the flexlites definitely seem to be a bit larger boot(definitely not for my foot) but the weight in my hands and on my feet while skating seem to be identical to my x60's.

imo, you're really doing yourself a disservice by not at least considering them as they're quality skates. if my feet were the type that needed this kind of boot, i'd have absolutely no hesitation considering them from a quality/build/feel standpoint.

apologies for the further threadjack.

So is there no way to get a Supreme style skate, custom made without getting a TotalOne level of skate?

If you can find someone with the hook up get a pair of S9's/Bauer Classics.

Mine will be here Tuesday. They include custom sizing, reflex tongue, comfort edge, LS2 runner and steel, texalium composite outsole, hydra-max liner from the x60's, top 3 eyelets reinforced, and extra padding in the back of the ankle.

Just a couple more days.