Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Bauer Supreme TotalONE

Are you serious?

We did custom skates for a reason. :unsure:

Guess not...they are not taking custom orders until March/April so I'll have to wait...

You blow through your custom skates already? You must skate like Coffey to wear those out so soon!

Are you serious?

We did custom skates for a reason. :rolleyes:

Guess not...they are not taking custom orders until March/April so I'll have to wait...

You blow through your custom skates already? You must skate like Coffey to wear those out so soon!

They may go to my main pair and the one95s will be back ups...I don't worry about money when buying gear.

I'm kind of nuts like you.

I just bought one95's 2 days ago, have only used them once, and I know I'm buying the TotalOne's as soon as they are available to me.

Question to JR or anyone with custom skates,

What is involved in getting custom skates made? Does the place where you get them do all measurements of your feet and actually have them custom molded and pressed or is it just a matter of little tweaks like what type of holder and blade etc?

Because I may need to do that now as well just to be completely irresponsible.

I'm guessing if you need custom One95s, you'll need custom TotalOne's too? I bet the turnaround will take some time due to the NHL season and upcoming playoffs

we'll find out come 4/1...I imagine the pros that want them already have them or will be getting them well before April.

Just what I need... :rolleyes:

Don't sweat it jsmart. I don't see how anyone can knock someone else for wanting to spend their own money.

Do what makes you happy and if you happen to spend money with a store or other person, you help them as well. Good on ya.

My background is other sports like football and wrestling, but I find that hockey skill progression seems to be simple..The more you skate and play, the better you go. There really seems to be no substitute for ice time.

Let's get back on track, guys.

If you checked the review, you'll see that the XS inserts solved whatever problem I had with them. I'm just too heavy for the M.

Is there a weight chart associated with these inserts?

I know this isn't how you intended that comment, but there will be someone wanting to know which set is the lightest.

Is there a weight chart associated with these inserts? I take it you prefer an xtra stiff skate.

No - I made my own personal one a page back or so.

Actually I don't. I've never gotten a "stiffened" skate.

And tongues in front of shin pads didn't cause the creases - if that were true, just the top would've been creased. Notice the bottom creased as well. The M insert isn't enough, that's all.

Quick update on custom order skates:

ONE95 are no longer available in custom make up. Certain materials are no longer available to build the boot.

TotalONE orders can be submitted on 2/15/10.

I had a special request and needed some custom skate info from Bauer. This information was confirmed to me this morning. I just wanted to pass it along to interested parties.

Carry on.

Could it be the other way around? That all of the materials are being used for the upcoming skates and nothing is available to make more one95's.

It could also be something little and stupid like the blue heel cups or the blue trim in the tendon guard. Maybe they even ran out of the "one95" badges for the outside of the skate.

Quick update on custom order skates:

ONE95 are no longer available in custom make up. Certain materials are no longer available to build the boot.

TotalONE orders can be submitted on 2/15/10.

I had a special request and needed some custom skate info from Bauer. This information was confirmed to me this morning. I just wanted to pass it along to interested parties.

Carry on.

I'm in! Thanks for the info Dark!