Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2010 Bauer Catalogue

Sorry buddy, but the analogy is like comparing apples to oranges, so most people are correct. This IS my industry, so yes we can be a bit corrective when inaccuracies are used as comparisons.

You are comparing an enterprise OEM license agreement with a Dell company per se...that will receive 75-80% discounts because they are licensing in the hundreds of thousands for a line of laptops...to your individual purchase of a retail OS. That's not even close. Enterprise license agreements absorb a significant amount of the R&D cost of the OS strictly due to the overwhelming volume that large hardware manufacturer's agree to purchase.

This comparison would hold (somewhat) true in the hockey industry if the entire NHL were to enter into enterprise level contracts vs team contracts with equipment manufacturers. Much more of the R&D cost would be absorbed by that volume.

All that said...the individual is absorbing the TOTAL cost of R&D as well as markup cost from the reseller when purchasing a skate at retail for a new item, much like the individual does when procuring Windows 7 at retail. When buying a laptop, you are the beneficiary of an enterprise OEM license agreement with the manufacturer of the system. There are very few comparisons, other than team contracts, that compare...but again there is nothing even remotely close to the sheer volume in the IT industry vs the hockey industry.

That's really not a bad comparison. Windows costs significantly less if you purchase it preinstalled on a computer. Why can't something like the fusion runner where 90% of the cost is R&D not unlike software.

Sorry if it has been stated already, but how much cheaper are we looking at? And are we comparing the 'lower' price to current prices for the one95 or its launch price?

MAP on the one100 is 600. MAP one the one95 was 650.

as for if they put fusion steel on the one100, it would have been a 650 skate, instead of 600. I'm guessing there will be some LHS's that might sell you fusion steel if you want for half the price, but then they'd get to keep the 2.1 steel, and have it at the 650 price.

What is the MAP for junior sizes?

thanks

TO flatheads and washers are gold. The rest of the line has standard copper. :lol:

Gold flatheads and washers... hm... that makes perfect sense given that TO has the gold accents on the boot, nice touch there Bauer. I only hope that the new vapor line is going to have platinum on and not silver.

so i am assuming in Q4 of 2010 the one100 stick will be out

Correct. Every Q4 bauer releases either the new vapor line of sticks or the new supreme line of sticks, next Q4 is supreme's turn.

TO flatheads and washers are gold. The rest of the line has standard copper. :lol:

Gold flatheads and washers... hm... that makes perfect sense given that TO has the gold accents on the boot, nice touch there Bauer. I only hope that the new vapor line is going to have platinum on and not silver.

It's a joke.

It's a joke.

Sorry, you thought I was serious? :lol:

Are there any pictures of the x60 pro gloves or the 9900 helmet?

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...amp;showfile=68

Skates - The Supreme line got the makeover for 2010, and topping that lineup is the limited-edition TotalONE. Coming in at 100g lighter than its predecessor, the TotalONE has been designed to increase flexibility (lateral/dorsal) giving the skater much better range of motion. It features a revamped interior (lighter internals, lighter cloth liner and comfort padding on the edge of the ankles), an adjustable stiffness tongue (three inserts come with the skate and you are able to customize how much the tongue is able to flex) and a lightened aluminum/stainless steel runner. The outsole is lighter as well, and has four vents to help with ventilation. Just want to clarify that it isn't merely a lightened-up ONE95. While the fit is the same, the cut is tweaked (that's where the increased range of motion comes in) and it is noticeable if you hold an ONE95 to a TotalONE side by side.

Following the TotalONE is the ONE100, which essentially is an ONE95 with a thick felt tongue. Also comes in a bit cheaper than the ONE95 as well. The other skates in the line feature a felt tongue and replace last year's models, however the ONE70 is a new model for 2010. Vapor line is unchanged for 2010.

Steel has also been changed for 2010. Bauer is going to be consistent with all of their steel across the board - they will all be 9' and will come in clamshells (shop employees thank you around the world.) There will also be a travel set for people to carry a spare set of steel with them.

Sticks - Vapor line was introduced in Q4 2009 so no surprises there. Supreme ONE95 will carry on for one more season with Bauer branding. One noteworthy addition is wood and composite plugs to fit Vapor and Supreme shaft shapes.

Helmets - While the 9500 was a very good helmet, it had some fit issues with certain head shapes. The helmet was tweaked fit-wise and is now the 9900. It's a bit wider, almost drawing from the 8500 profile, however, there's a bit more under the hood. Poron XRD was added in between the layers to help dissipate impact. The 7500 is also a new helmet, and it replaces the 5500, which was a very popular helmet. The 5500 fit carries over to the 7500, but with an updated shell.

Gloves - Vapor got the remodeling this year, and the top glove is the X:60, which will come in two models - regular and Pro. The X:60 features segmented rolls, Vent Armor padding, a flexible flared cuff on top, PU/cable knit cover and a nash/lycra/PU wear pad palm. The Pro is all nylon and has a digital palm. Supreme line is unchanged.

Protective - Vapor line is changed for 2010 starting with the X:60 series. Vent Armor is added in key areas (shoulder caps/chest and spine plate) and features ventilated padding in the chest and back, adjustable bicep padding, and a ThermoCore liner. Elbow pads feature segmented padding in the cap and bicep along with a tweaked anchor strap system to lock it down in place. The shinpads feature a multiple layer knee cap, an adjustable calf wing and a wrap strap which goes around the knee and calf. The pants feature Vent Armor in the spine pad as well as full range of motion built in the hip and kidney pads. All of the pants are featuring zippers with windows for those who like to open the pants up. Supreme line is unchanged.

What is the name of the group on facebook that gives exclusive photos and info on hockey equipment

Thanks, Duncan. I knew it was something stupid like that. Why crack down on visors when you can NOT wear one?

Exactly the point I made: surely a helmet with a visor is safer than one without.

The only counter-argument on that score is, of course, the one that says a visor bolted in at the sides (ie. that can't be flipped up) impedes emergency first aid. This may be true, but Health Canada seemed entirely unaware of it: they told me that as far as they knew, it was a facial coverage issue. They also had no clue about the safety issues involved in an ill-fitted mask. That's the insane part: the government body doesn't even know the standards upon which they're enforcing the law they wrote, since they left the standards entirely up to a private company. It's not the blind leading the blind so much as people willingly putting on blinders and allowing themselves to be lead because they're too lazy and/or ignorant to look where they're going.

At one point Itech had a visor without the top attachment that was certified. I believe it had a number of holes on the side instead of slots and was similar to the RBE 1 in all other respects. In the past, I was told that it was strictly a coverage issue, though that may have changed or been incorrect.

What is the name of the group on facebook that gives exclusive photos and info on hockey equipment

You do realize that if you click on that link there, you get to see the entire catalogue right?

And nobody is more exclusive than us, bottom line.

You do realize that if you click on that link there, you get to see the entire catalogue right?

And nobody is more exclusive than us, bottom line.

Sorry I'm new

Seem a lot of places are out of the One95 non-grip in Naslund and don't have the updated Backstrom available. I remember seeing some of the newer Kane,Backstrom for sale couple months back. Ice warehouse says Bauer is out of P92 until spring. Is that accurate?

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...amp;showfile=68

Skates - The Supreme line got the makeover for 2010, and topping that lineup is the limited-edition TotalONE. Coming in at 100g lighter than its predecessor, the TotalONE has been designed to increase flexibility (lateral/dorsal) giving the skater much better range of motion. It features a revamped interior (lighter internals, lighter cloth liner and comfort padding on the edge of the ankles), an adjustable stiffness tongue (three inserts come with the skate and you are able to customize how much the tongue is able to flex) and a lightened aluminum/stainless steel runner. The outsole is lighter as well, and has four vents to help with ventilation. Just want to clarify that it isn't merely a lightened-up ONE95. While the fit is the same, the cut is tweaked (that's where the increased range of motion comes in) and it is noticeable if you hold an ONE95 to a TotalONE side by side.

Following the TotalONE is the ONE100, which essentially is an ONE95 with a thick felt tongue. Also comes in a bit cheaper than the ONE95 as well. The other skates in the line feature a felt tongue and replace last year's models, however the ONE70 is a new model for 2010. Vapor line is unchanged for 2010.

Steel has also been changed for 2010. Bauer is going to be consistent with all of their steel across the board - they will all be 9' and will come in clamshells (shop employees thank you around the world.) There will also be a travel set for people to carry a spare set of steel with them.

Sticks - Vapor line was introduced in Q4 2009 so no surprises there. Supreme ONE95 will carry on for one more season with Bauer branding. One noteworthy addition is wood and composite plugs to fit Vapor and Supreme shaft shapes.

Helmets - While the 9500 was a very good helmet, it had some fit issues with certain head shapes. The helmet was tweaked fit-wise and is now the 9900. It's a bit wider, almost drawing from the 8500 profile, however, there's a bit more under the hood. Poron XRD was added in between the layers to help dissipate impact. The 7500 is also a new helmet, and it replaces the 5500, which was a very popular helmet. The 5500 fit carries over to the 7500, but with an updated shell.

Gloves - Vapor got the remodeling this year, and the top glove is the X:60, which will come in two models - regular and Pro. The X:60 features segmented rolls, Vent Armor padding, a flexible flared cuff on top, PU/cable knit cover and a nash/lycra/PU wear pad palm. The Pro is all nylon and has a digital palm. Supreme line is unchanged.

Protective - Vapor line is changed for 2010 starting with the X:60 series. Vent Armor is added in key areas (shoulder caps/chest and spine plate) and features ventilated padding in the chest and back, adjustable bicep padding, and a ThermoCore liner. Elbow pads feature segmented padding in the cap and bicep along with a tweaked anchor strap system to lock it down in place. The shinpads feature a multiple layer knee cap, an adjustable calf wing and a wrap strap which goes around the knee and calf. The pants feature Vent Armor in the spine pad as well as full range of motion built in the hip and kidney pads. All of the pants are featuring zippers with windows for those who like to open the pants up. Supreme line is unchanged.

Hi,

I can t open the file, could you please check that, also on CCM and the EASTON one, only RBK is working

Thanks

I hate wood blades in general so I cannot comment on that... but in my opinion, the one40 stick was one of the better value wood sticks out there.

I hate wood blades in general so I cannot comment on that... but in my opinion, the one40 stick was one of the better value wood sticks out there.

I'm starting to buy more composite blades because I can't find one's that I like. Easton woodie blades have been going good for me. IMO the cc on bauer woodie blades is awful.