Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2010 Easton Catalogue

question on Easton blade patterns: most everyone here... the Modano/Forsberg/Zetterberg curve is the same (P4) and most others apply, but on Eastons website (and the current catalogue), when looking at sticks/blades, the Zetterberg is shown as P12, Iginla is shown as P1 etc. just curious...

edit: for clarity

same as the '09 catalogue. must be the internal SKU number for ordering that pattern per model on the e-form.

i'm looking forward to the S19 shins.

Edited by shotty

Really looking forward to tapered wood blades again, other brands just were not cutting it there, all the new stuff looks great. Hopefully the loose under apparel will be easier to find now as well. Got my custom S17's, easton came through huge there. Not as flashy as other brands but Easton is just so damn consistent year in and year out.

Are "6 lie" users still being left in the dark for '10 when it comes to EASTON or are they finally adding a "6 lie" option again this year?

Haven't produced anything 6 lie, at retail, since they phased out the Shanahan and Yzerman.

At the MSH skate, both the EQ5 skates and the ST stick caught my eye. I damn near had the EQ5 in my hand for almost a half-hour. Looks like an interesting skate. Still not thrilled about the inability to do customs...that really is a major factor in considering a pair of skates with my long ass, high arch, narrow heel foot.

The ST stick however will be in the budget plan for 2010. It had a really balanced feel, was nice and light, and had the matte finish that I really like in high end sticks. I am so glad I don't have to whip out the black matte spray paint anymore.

It will be interesting to see how the EQ5 skates and performs. I really felt the coil technology performed well and was not just a gimmick.

It may not be a big thing to too many people but did they do anything new with the bag line? I loved the new line except for the removable backpack thing. The zipper always came undone and I had to reattach.

I noticed there's no Fibre Plus blades... pretty sad about that.

Same. I'll have to stock up

Nice, tapered wood blades, finally they brought them back.

Gonna have to stock up on some of those.

I'm tired of bauer tapered blades. Hopefully these will be good

When can we expect to see the S19 Z-Shock available up here in Canada? I'm coming from a Bauer 5000, and if the helmet fits my head, I'm sold.

EDIT: Damn, my LHS said July 15th 2010.

Edited by AndrewChang

Not sure if this will come off as a stupid question, but is the S19 OPS shaft the same as the S19 2-piece shaft?

Nope. The shaft for the OPS is elliptical while the shaft for the shaft is square the whole way with a standard taper.

Not sure if this will come off as a stupid question, but is the S19 OPS shaft the same as the S19 2-piece shaft?

Nope. The shaft for the OPS is elliptical while the shaft for the shaft is square the whole way with a standard taper.

Great, thanks. Does that mean that the OPS has a lower kickpoint? What exactly is the elliptical do in comparison to the standard taper? I thought the Z-Bubble had a low kickpoint too.

No, the elliptical part of the shaft is very stiff... In comparison they might be kind of close because of the length of the average standard hosel blade.

Wrong - the S19 is a Z-Bubble, which is a tapered shaft that flares back to accept a standard blade.

It will be interesting to see how the EQ5 skates and performs. I really felt the coil technology performed well and was not just a gimmick.

Agreed. But I can see why some might not like a different feel from what they're used to, and I really did always think it was odd to have two lines of skates that were so similar.

Any word on if the EQ5 fit will be a different fit or not? Somebody who had the chance to check it out at the MSH skate know?

Edited by cptjeff

i saw the new ST's at my LHS today, pretty impressed with how it felt in my hands and pretty well balanced. Although the store was a zoo today so i didn't get a chance to shoot it. i found that the grip version of it was pretty nasty, very very sticky however thats just my 2 cents.

At the MSH skate, both the EQ5 skates and the ST stick caught my eye..

The ST stick however will be in the budget plan for 2010. It had a really balanced feel, was nice and light, and had the matte finish that I really like in high end sticks. I am so glad I don't have to whip out the black matte spray paint anymore.

MLS...

Can you tell me any more about what you thought of the ST? I'm about to pull the trigger on another S17 or an ST. I know looks mean nothing, but I think the new ST is a really nice looking stick.

You mentioned it feels light, bur I saw it listed at 510grams on TotalHockey.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Probably just personal preferences. When I shot with the ST i took about 2 dozen shots with it...loved it. Almost as much as my x60...but not quite there. But considering the ST is going to be like what 35? dollars cheaper than the x60, i don't think too many people will bitch about the difference, because the money you saved can sharpen your skates for two months.

Sign in to follow this