Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PiKappaPhi

favorite beer?

For those of you who are of age...what are your favorite beers? I have always been and probably will always be a liquor man (Jim Beam), what do you prefer when you have a nice beer? I sat down tonight and made myself try alot of different beers to try and enjoy the taste of it. It was difficult, so I am looking for different beers to try.

JR, (or anyone else who chews for that matter), ever try any Swedish snus? My friend brought me some back, its Catch, licorice flavor. I'm really liking it.

I can only chew southern pride or levi garret, does that make me real southern :). Again, that is chew and not dip so I guess that automatically makes me really southern. Tonight I had bud, bud light, miller light, I guess I am looking for something that I can find just about anywhere.

......... with a fatty of Skoal wintergreen right now...

me and you both boucie, me and you both.

kosy - snus is some good stuff man, real good. ive had a lot. favorite is makla rouge, but I think its illegal, or at least only sold in switzerland

The only stuff I don't like about this snus is that its pouches. I'm hoping that my friend goes back over again, he can get it real cheap. He told me that all of Sweden chews, and that when Sundin goes back for the summer, he always stocks up.

Samuel Smith's Old Brewery Pale Ale is my fav. Second would be a simple Newcastle draft. After that I like any decent stouts, porters, or bocks.

At times I think I move to Colorado for the beer. Lets see:

Blue Moon

Breckenridge Proper

Others:

Murphy's Irish Cream

Murphy's Cream Stout

Black and Tan (Guiness/Bass)

Black and Tan, Boddington's, and I'm from Philly so I have to drink Yuengling.

Although lately I've been drinking Macallan 18 a lot.

Newkie Brown, Boddies and guiness are all faves, especially when you can go to their respective cities and get it freshly on tap ;) good times!

XX or corona on a nice summer day, but usually gor for the german or czech beers like Budvar or Warsteiner are very nice. No offence guys but the american beers are too weak.

Few of the beers you mentioned ring a bell for me. We have very different brands here.

Germany is known to be the cradle for the beer culture, but my city Cologne is even more special. We have a brewing method that is only used in Cologne called "Kölsch" and there are about 35 (!) different brands of Kölsch from Cologne. My prefered Kölsch is "Malzmühle Mühlen Kölsch", but you'll never have heard about that.

As for international beers I love the original Budweiser from Budvar/Czech Rep. It has nothing in common with the US Bud (aside from the name).

Blue Moon is good stuff, I used to drink that all the time. Now when I drink a beer its usually Sam Adams. Years of drinking in Boston, not to mention meeting Jim Cook (sp?), made me a little biased. Even Sam Adams Light is pretty damn tasty.