Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PiKappaPhi

favorite beer?

I have to agree with Hockeyshark, I had a good deal of Budweiser Budvar while I was in Prague, good stuff. When I'm home, I have no problem with a corona. Or Black Bull :D sometimes...how bout worst beers? Grolsch tastes like carbonated piss to me.

I'm with Camel on this one. Grolsch isn't worth trying to open and it taskes like mosquito repellent. Like Black Label.

My rule of thumb is if I can see thru it, I don't want it.

Seeing as how beer's filthy here though, I'll take Cheapstone Light, Rolling Rock, Southpaw and Red Stripe.

Rolling rock is good....very good.

But when you say cheapstone i think you're referring to keystone?

how can you order that. I understand at a party though, its like 10$ for a 30 pack

Yeah, Keystone. You can't order that anywhere since it's in a can but it's something you can fill a garbage can up for under $20 though. Down here it's around $5 for a 2-4. Southpaw's not much more and worth the difference, but I've got a soft spot for Cheapstone. That and Oly Gold Light but they haven't made that in a while I think.

Living in Belgium and seeing this topic, I HAD to post.

Belgium is wellknown (as is Germany) for their beers.

I have a little pub near my place where you can choose from more than 300 different beers, all made in Belgium !

I tasted a beer wth some honey flavor... pretty special...

Otherwise, I like a good "Kriek Lindemans" or a "Gueze Peach" (probably doesn't sound familiar for you guys :) )

JR, Chimey is sold a lot here. You drank the strongest one (The blue). there's also a White (soft) and a red (medium) one...

Yeah I'm not exactly "legal" ethier, but my dad doesn't mind if I knock a few back. I really like Corona, and John Labbats Classic. Also I really like this German beer I had when I was over there, it was called Holstein or something like that, great beer.

For the guys who chew, I dunno how you can do that, I've tied it once before and it was nasty!

do you mean holsten pilsener ?

i like every german beer, as long its cooled.

warm beer is like the most disgusting thing on the whole planet

by the way, ive tested miller beer once... uhhhh this beer is very awful, it tasted like water with some alcohol

Never been a real adventurous beer drinker. Mostly Blue. Then, when Busch had beer cheaper than everything else, I tried that...liked it and drank that for a while.

Lately I've been drinking Coors Light (I know, I know). I guess it's just part of getting older *L*

We do a beer swap at work (usually the Friday before a big game...Superbowl/Grey Cup...stuff like that). You get 13 guys to each bring a brand and you all go home with 12 different beers (excpet the one you brought) You're not allowed to bring a typical run of the mill beer, so I always bring Grolsh for that.

Alpine, voted the best beer (Gold Medal) at the 2000 New York finals. It's only available in atlantic canada.

Grolsh- man you must hate your co=workers don't you! I prefer Heilemans Old Style, but you can't get in Texas, so I like Shiner Bock or Ziegen Bock.

Grolsh- man you must hate your co=workers don't you! I prefer Heilemans Old Style, but you can't get in Texas, so I like Shiner Bock or Ziegen Bock.

There is one guy who absolutely hates it. He lets me keep mine and keep one of this instead.

I don't see the big deal. Like I said...not a real big beer conasuir (sp?). I can tell the differnece between Candian and Blue....but really most beers taste (relatively) the same to me. Grolsh isnt' that different to Heinny (at least on my tongue).

...Flame war in...

I can't get drunk off beer, no how no way. I would start off with enough shots so that I can't taste much anymore, then I crack open the 40's of black bull :P

My Uncle has a kegerator at his place, right now he has a keg of OAKED arrogant bastard ale. It's a strong beer (7.2%) and tastes heavenly. Apparently it's a limited production thing that they change every year and they only fill a limited number of kegs, so it's doubtful that he'll be able to get another one. If you don't get it in a keg it only comes in a tall 3 litre bottle, which I think is pretty cool.

Other than that I can handle Corona, MGD, Rickards Red, and Grasshopper for the occasional beer, like for watching sports, golfing, relaxing, etc.

Not legal so I won't say anything about the booze...

As far as the tobaccy goes for chew it has to be Lancaster for me and for a nice dip it's either Skoal Straight or Cope Black.

I gotta try this Swedish Snuss stuff...

What I drink depends on the bar I'm in, it's usually Miller Lite, Amstel Lite, Yuengling, Bud Light, Corona or Stella. I'm not a big hard liquor fan, I'll have some Bacardi and Coke on occasion or even a Kamikaze or Screwdriver. But in all honesty I'd rather have beer.

I'm still trying all of my Beers out. At the top:

Guiness, Heiny, Corona, Fosters and Keiths are all at the top of my list. An honourable mention goes out to Jappo, if for nothing else, than that sweet octa-can.

I'll support the little guys if I have anything to drink at all...

Creemore Springs, Steamwhistle, etc ... or even something from Big Rock Breweries. In the local pub it would be Kilkenny's or Caffrey's.

Well if you like Guinness, there is only one stout that is better, and that is Beamish.

Others on the top of my list:

Caffreys Irish Ale

Smithwicks

Tennents Lager (if you can get it on tap).

LEGODOOM>..I like your style, but have you tried the MacAllan 25?

If yer skint...there is only one beer...PBR!!!