Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petey21

Heatley a skating billboard

HEy if the NHL continues losing money, the NHL will look just like the Euro teams, as all the teams will need to generate money somehow, an ad here and an ad there. Ill take same patched up uniforms over no hockey anyday!

It would be hard to imagine a Canadiens or Leafs jersey with advertisements all over it.

If something like this did happen in the NHL, it should be up to the individual team rather than a league-wide thing, because there's no chance any of the original six and other teams with a very deep rich history would succumb to putting advertisements on their uniforms.

But I agree, i'd take patched up uniforms over no hockey any day of the week.

I would kill for a shell and socks from one of these teams

Those ain't shells. For the Euro teams the manufacturers specifically make pants that come with velcros on the front, side and back of the legs. The ads are "velcroed on" because they sometimes have different sponsors for home and away games.

I often see "Bauer 5000 Velcro" pants pop up on German ebay.

In the latest hockey news there's a pic of Thornton and Nash. They are both using their same model gloves from the show, except they say Easton on them. On the thumbs it says either CCM for Thornton or TPS HGT for Nash. Sponsor's exemptions...I'm guessing.

Those are definitely both Easton gloves with CCM stickers or logos over them. And yeah, it does look as though Heatley is using a retail Synergy.

One more thing, thats awesome seeing Joe Thornton and Rick Nash on the same team there. Good stuff.

If you saw the pics of Nash and Thornton playing for Davos you might notice they have Easton stickers on the cuffs of their gloves. Nash is using his BlueJackets TPS gloves from last season. And it looked like Thornton was wearing his CCM gloves from the WCOH.

I was referring to Briere and Heatley, who both have CCM stickers over their Easton gloves.

omg, the nhl needs to get advertising deals like this! Man, i'd have a seisure(sp) just watching a game. That helmet thornton is wearing is great!

They don't look like regular socks though.. Kinda look like nylon or something. Any info Hockeyshark?

Indeed, they are made of a pretty thin fabric; we use such socks on my team, too. They are nice because they keep you cooler than thicker socks, but they rip darn easily.

Unfortunately, I have never seen the pro teams' socks in a shop or in a merch catalog. I do not think you can get them easily. Maybe through the shop that orders the stuff for the teams, but even this is unlikely.

I love all the european jerseys. I recently designed a jersey for an Aus pro team that was a cross between Euro style and Moto Cross. The NHL jerseys are so behind the times in terms of design etc. You look at the stuff being put out by Red Star in the past 2-3 years they are unreal looking. Look at fashion these days T shirts from Skatboarding and Surfing brands and you will see stuff thats cutting edge. Jerseys these days are not.

I've always found it weird how with the TV exposure, US sports don't have sponsorship on their uniforms. Look at Arseneal from the English Premier League and how they just signed a multi BILLION dollar deal with Emirates airlines over the next 8 years. Big donnero for name exposure.

55rosa_4.jpg

Here is a picture of Pavel Rosa of Jokerit Helsinki back in the 2001-2002 season. I dont know if that helmet is also for the leading scorer of the SM-liiga, but its another pretty crazy helmet.

In the SM-liiga the leading scorer on each team wears the gold lid.

I actually like the euro jerseys, guess i've grown up with them and it adds a little character. Teams need the extra revenue in any way possible, i'd much rather them have advertisements than not afford to play at all. I liked it when the refs were sponsored by 'Specsavers' the optitians!

Our football teams have pretty much always had a principle shirt sponsor, but they are just now turning onto the corporate naming of stadiums (ARSEnal being the latest), that has caused a little stir here since the original names are very traditional and sacred to the teams.

I enjoy the skating billboard look. I guess it comes from playing mainly roller hockey. Stock jerseys are also very boring looking, so why not throw some ads on for revenue and for the fact they're eye candy.

Rather sooner than later you'll start hating the ads. It's ok as long as the sponsor's color matches the colors of your team. The colors of my local pro franchise (Kölner Haie) are red and white. It looks ridiculous when you have multiple green sponsors on a red/white jersey. One year the team even changed to completely black/yellow because those were the colors of the main sponsor at the time, but also the colors of a nearby team with which they had a tough rivalery... you imagine the impact it had on the fans.

Overall I think ads aren't even an eye candy even if they match the teams colors. Fans here would love to have ad-free jerseys à la NHL but I guess you always desire what you can't get... You don't have ads but want some, we have ads and wish we wouldn't. Strange world.

Those are definitely both Easton gloves with CCM stickers or logos over them. And yeah, it does look as though Heatley is using a retail Synergy.

One more thing, thats awesome seeing Joe Thornton and Rick Nash on the same team there. Good stuff.

If you saw the pics of Nash and Thornton playing for Davos you might notice they have Easton stickers on the cuffs of their gloves. Nash is using his BlueJackets TPS gloves from last season. And it looked like Thornton was wearing his CCM gloves from the WCOH.

I was referring to Briere and Heatley, who both have CCM stickers over their Easton gloves.

I know. I was pointing out that it seems to be a common practice to have players overlay a company's sticker over the cuff logos on a glove.

At least over in Switzerland it appears to be a common practice.

One add wouldn't be so bad. Like soccer jerseys. I wouldn't hurt to put a sponsors logo on the shoulder patches of NHL jerseys instead of teams trying anything to get a dumb logo on their shoulders, like the Leafs and their TML or the Avs with the footprint.

Our football teams have pretty much always had a principle shirt sponsor, but they are just now turning onto the corporate naming of stadiums (ARSEnal being the latest), that has caused a little stir here since the original names are very traditional and sacred to the teams.

I heard about that. No more Highbury...

A few aren't bad but the skating billboard thing is ridiculous. With so many ads on the uniforms it makes it darn near impossible to pick out one from the next thereby negating the whole purpose of having them in the first place. If there are jsut a couple they are very noticable and much more effective.

I heard about that. No more Highbury...

Well, technically Highbury was going away.

The deal is for the naming rights to Arsenal's new stadium.

http://www.arsenal.com/thestadium/article....m+-+Latest+News

It's like the whole thing in Denver with Invesco Field at Mile High that replaced Mile High Stadium.

A few aren't bad but the skating billboard thing is ridiculous.  With so many ads on the uniforms it makes it darn near impossible to pick out one from the next thereby negating the whole purpose of having them in the first place.  If there are jsut a couple they are very noticable and much more effective.

Somtimes it really gets crazy: two ads for two different and competing (!) car brands on the same jersey (back/front). I mean, how absurd is that?

Once you start putting a lot of ads on a jersey it devalues them. One ad stands out, 10 ads clash and they all start to run together into a jumble at full speed.