Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coryroth24

Why I Hate ModSquad Hockey...

That should be easy enough. Buy OV's skates and get OV's stick! Don't know if anyone besides Prohockeylife has that "special event" on though

I think it's actually a ccm special, but if I wanted OV's skates and stick I wouldn't have waited until today to get new skates. ;)

I'm proud to have gotten it down to one-and-half team stick bags.

At this point, are you actually making use of all of them, or have the majority become collectors items?

I can understand gloves/helmets/skates to an extent (because of team colours, visors/cages, etc), but what could you possibly do with that many sticks?

im happy to keep a 2:1 stick to glove ratio.

14 sticks. 7 pairs of gloves.

So basically one stick for each individual glove?

Makes sense, I like it.

I only actually have 3 sticks and 2 pairs of gloves. 2 pairs of skates (just inbetween skates at the moment) and 1 of everything else.

of course.

but this isnt the place for logic or rationality.

at the moment, im rotating 3 pairs of gloves and 2 sticks.

thatll change when i end up buying a pair of x60 pros and have to get 2 more sticks...

But wait, are the items that are not in the "rotation" accounted for in the ratio? :huh:

Pretty much both ways. Total numbers and rotation, although the rotation is much more limited. I really only use about 6 pairs of gloves on a regular basis.

I've pretty much only been using two pairs the last month or so. I got a couple pairs of franchises on sale that I have to start wearing though.

I did somewhat of an inventory last night and found out I had more than I thought

4 OPS (2 of them el cheapo)

3 shafts

5 blades

2 pants

2 helmets

2 pair of gloves

3 pairs of skates

1 of everything else except for jerseys.

I'm more of a whore than I thought but not quite up there with a lot of you guys lol

3 words why I hate MSH: Warrior Custom Franchises...

Someone here once told me (about Warrior/MIA Customs), "they'll pretty much do whatever you can imagine and mock up in Photoshop," and that turns out to be very true... for a price. I am an artist my nature so elaborate and unique ideas for gloves are a dime a dozen. I just finished ordering a pair last weekend, and the price was not pretty, but they are going to look and fit amazing when they are done... that will be pair number 2 in the past 18 months.

To go with that... replacing all of my equipment... twice over since I joined the site. Also getting me hooked on toe curve blades. That last one will probably be the kicker for a long time to come...

But, I am forever grateful to the knowledge I have gained and the relationships made through simply being an active member of this site. My wallet... not so much.

3 words why I hate MSH: Warrior Custom Franchises...

Someone here once told me (about Warrior/MIA Customs), "they'll pretty much do whatever you can imagine and mock up in Photoshop," and that turns out to be very true... for a price. I am an artist my nature so elaborate and unique ideas for gloves are a dime a dozen. I just finished ordering a pair last weekend, and the price was not pretty, but they are going to look and fit amazing when they are done... that will be pair number 2 in the past 18 months.

To go with that... replacing all of my equipment... twice over since I joined the site. Also getting me hooked on toe curve blades. That last one will probably be the kicker for a long time to come...

But, I am forever grateful to the knowledge I have gained and the relationships made through simply being an active member of this site. My wallet... not so much.

I think i will be jumping on the WCF soontime.

Hockey is getting mighty pricey.

My justification, i play 2-3 beer league nights a week ...... hahaha ...

For me it's not so much quantity as turnover...I'm constantly changing gear, especially sticks. Not to mention those damn $515 Grafs last month.

You know it's bad when you think "oh I'll sell my old pants for $40 so I'll use that towards the new pants", then buy the new pants, wait a few weeks, then sell the old pants and use that money to buy something else :lol:

At this point, are you actually making use of all of them, or have the majority become collectors items?

I can understand gloves/helmets/skates to an extent (because of team colours, visors/cages, etc), but what could you possibly do with that many sticks?

A mix of things, but most are for use. Not too much variety in my collection as I stay loyal to what I like and the sad truth is the stuff that I like are discontinued shafts. Easton A/Cs, Grip Lites, Z-Cores and MM Z-Bubbles are in there so when one goes down, it's unlikely to be replaced by something. I've grown to like the AK27 shafts so I won't go cold turkey like Pookie when the last arrow in my quiver is broken or warped.

Yeah i was getting bad for awhile, but i managaed to tame myself. I think i got down the "if i buy something, i got to sell something" method. Managed to get my sticks down to about 8.

I think the only bad thing now is im hoping i snap a stick so i feel like i have to replace.

Well my wife just recently found out about my glove collection. She thought the 8 pairs she saw on the work bench in the garage was "the collection". She was going through some storage containers and uncovered the remaining 52 pairs of gloves. She wasn't mad, but couldn't understand my obsession. Oddly she didn't mind the 18 pairs of skates, 13 pairs of helmets, or the 22 sticks scattered all over the garage.

Well my wife just recently found out about my glove collection. She thought the 8 pairs she saw on the work bench in the garage was "the collection". She was going through some storage containers and uncovered the remaining 52 pairs of gloves. She wasn't mad, but couldn't understand my obsession. Oddly she didn't mind the 18 pairs of skates, 13 pairs of helmets, or the 22 sticks scattered all over the garage.

If she knew how much skates cost she might start minding, hahaha. Seems like you have a good woman, keep her around!

If she knew how much skates cost she might start minding, hahaha. Seems like you have a good woman, keep her around!

Most definitely!! She loves hockey and doesn't get on me that much when it comes to spending money on gear, especially when I bust her watching QVC salivating over purses and shoes. It's a good compromise.

Oddly she didn't mind the 18 pairs of skates, 13 pairs of helmets, or the 22 sticks scattered all over the garage.

Buying helmets in pairs is a pretty good sign that you may have a problem. ;)

I have to agree that I also hate ModSquad because of its influence on my gear whoring over the last few months. However, I have a pretty obsessive/compulsive personality so I guess I would have to put the blame on myself. But in all honesty, I have to blame the NHL for getting me started. I have amassed a huge collection of sticks over the last couple of years. My current count is as follows.

18 Easton ST sticks

3 Bauer One90 sticks

Not to mention my two pairs of Vapor XXXXs and my two pairs of pants.

Not a good thing I know, but I have been starting to believe that you have to have joy in the little things in life. Some people like buying clothes, some like buying crap for their cars, some buy antiques, etc. etc. Case in point, everyone is into something. And I guess, if you have the money to blow, why not spend it on something you are passionate about.

However, just like a lot of things in life, moderation is key. Maybe one day soon I can seek help from a psychiatrist to discover the underlying causes to my obsessive need to purchase hockey and fishing equipment, but until then, I will continue to tell myself "This is the last time!!!".....only this time I actually mean it!