Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goaliemanshark

The video game thread

Played 4-5 games this afternoon. It was pretty fun, different for sure, but fun. It took me a couple of games to figure out how to melee haha, i was too used to COD

Eh, meh: sums it up. I was on Reach back in January and the movement speed was much higher than it is now. Definitely hope they revamp that for release, among several other issues.

He must have a flaming head lol. ya i played a bit, but man oh man were the servers on fire. I couldnt get up and running much

actually one did catch fire. shows how many people were ready to try the beta.

most I saw last night was 300K, really impressive. I played ~20 matches till late in the night, as an avid cod and halo3 player (pretty legit in both) I was nervous that the jet packs and all the extra 'classes' or whatever they are calling it was going to take away from the game. it totally doesn't.

this game to me does a great job at evening up people with each other. if both teams know what they are doing with their equipment, a team that is full of 20s could compete with a team of 40s, and 40s with 50s, etc. Levels the playing field which is good. To me they've combined the best ideas of cod with halo3, and its awesome. couple bugs and stuff to fix, but, should be a solid game come fall release.

actually one did catch fire. shows how many people were ready to try the beta.

most I saw last night was 300K, really impressive. I played ~20 matches till late in the night, as an avid cod and halo3 player (pretty legit in both) I was nervous that the jet packs and all the extra 'classes' or whatever they are calling it was going to take away from the game. it totally doesn't.

this game to me does a great job at evening up people with each other. if both teams know what they are doing with their equipment, a team that is full of 20s could compete with a team of 40s, and 40s with 50s, etc. Levels the playing field which is good. To me they've combined the best ideas of cod with halo3, and its awesome. couple bugs and stuff to fix, but, should be a solid game come fall release.

Unfortunately, this is where you, me, and several other players will disagree. Halo should be NOTHING like CoD. Bungie basically ended the 'which game is better' war if they release the game like this, which they won't, but IF they do, they ended it because Reach is a flop.

I wouldn't say that halo is exactly like cod, just that they took the best parts of cod features and added them to halo. mainly, the ranking system which seems to be better, and the ranking up stuff. gameplay imo isn't even close, except for the different classes, but, this evens it up, so I like that. It will keep people from leaving this game immediately b/c they blow ass at it, cuz they can atleast start to somewhat compete. I agree though halo shouldn't play like cod, I just think that if they took the best parts of non-game play (which they appear to have), then its all for win.

WHile I'm not a big gamer, I'll throw this out there.

Where Halo/ Bungie will always separate itself from others is with it's combination of good game play with the whimsical nature of their games. I love that they have fun with some of their easter eggs and things they do for their players. I've enjoyed at the seven on the seventh and little hidden gems they've thrown in there. Seems like the trend will continue into Recon.

Pistol is way more reliable than the DMR. Shouldn't be that way, but hey, you can only tell that to a developer so many times, hah.

I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to play it with your last final coming up soon. :P

Ahhhh, silly me foregoing the date, haha. Oh poor you, getting to set up the Stars sale, hahaha.

I'm looking forward to Gears 3, personally.

Ahhhh, silly me foregoing the date, haha. Oh poor you, getting to set up the Stars sale, hahaha.

I'm looking forward to Gears 3, personally.

It's like baseball cards. Got it, got it, got it, need it, ugh got 10 of them, got it, need it. :)

Let me ask you guys that are serious gamers a question - what do you think of buying/selling used games either from or to a place like Gamestop? Do you think you generally get a fair deal or is it worth the extra cash to buy the game new?

The beginning of the end is nigh. EA will start charging $10 to play online if the game was played under someone elses XBL account.

That said, Gamestop is brutal with prices buying games, but you can get older stuff pretty cheap.

I read about that charge. Does that mean the whole used game market will collapse? Or just the part that pertains to games with heavy online followings?

The beginning of the end is nigh. EA will start charging $10 to play online if the game was played under someone elses XBL account.

That said, Gamestop is brutal with prices buying games, but you can get older stuff pretty cheap.

If EA starts doing that like with Mass Effect 2's registration (though you just get a bonus with that) it will either kill used game prices or any ability to resell the game.

I've bought a few used things from Gamestop, and a few things through forums or eBay. Gamestop may be a little more expensive but it's like buying a used car from a dealer instead of private. You get 7 days to return it for money back if you simply don't like it, 30 days on returns for store credit, and a guarantee that games and accessories will work.

Buying online is a crap shoot. If you get a controller battery that doesn't work and the ad doesn't mention it's fully working you have little recourse to get your money back. I've gotten games that had no cases shipped like Netflix, etc.

If EA starts doing that like with Mass Effect 2's registration (though you just get a bonus with that) it will either kill used game prices or any ability to resell the game.

I'd expect you'll see a lot of 3 for $20 sales.

Unfortunately, Halo has gone down hill for me ever since Halo 2 was released. I miss the simple maps, simple mechanics, every player starting evenly. Maps control, spawn-timing, grenade-ing weapons, button combos (back pack reload, WHERE HAVE YOU GONE!?). There were so many things that made that game super competitive. Now all the shooters I play are who-sees-who-first. You die so fast, and there is so much shit going on throughout the maps it's impossible to have someone get the jump on your and you out-skill them for a kill.

I'm glad they brought back the pistol, but with bloom? PLEASE.

/rant I miss CE. That's all.