Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spence4101

CCM U+ CL Skate

If you really are that ignorant to think Bauer had the first one piece stick, sit down and shut up.

I meant everyone followed easton. sorry for the confusion. it was bad grammar on my part.

stop acting like a bunch of fanboys. I hate to break it to you, but it IS possible for more than one company to produce quality products, and what works for one person might not work for another [/obvious]

stop acting like a bunch of fanboys. I hate to break it to you, but it IS possible for more than one company to produce quality products, and what works for one person might not work for another [/obvious]

i know. thats why when i said the thing about the one piece sticks i put "..." at the end to indicate sarcasm. these skates have their own technology and people just assume because it looks slightly similar to another skate that they have "copied" their precious companies ideas. It's stupid that they do that. sure they look slightly similar but who cares, they have their own unique look i think

Companies share/copy technology, it's a basic fact and no big deal. How many companies have used a texalium outsole in some of their skates? Uh, almost all of them. 

I think they did a nice job on them. I saw them in January and think they made some good tweaks - tweaks that I feel may get them more market share.

I miss the Tacks as well. My first ever skates were Tacks. However I love my u+ reloadeds and will probably give these a whirl if I end up playing hockey in college.

Slightly off topic, but when these come out will there be a way to buy the boots without holders and steel. I have read on here that the steel shown in the pic does not do so well with heavier individuals. I was thinking these with tuuk ls holders would be sweet. Especially the all black ones coming out!

I dare say I kinda like them.

Aesthetically a significant improvement over the U+. They do remind me of the old Vapors, but they aren't as similar looking to the Total One as the initial picture made them look.

I tried on a pair of them today and even without molding they felt great, something the prior versions didn't do. Based on looks (and a nice heel lock), I think these CCM's may finally sell a bit better than the predecessors. They are not going to fit the same, so you must try them on. I usually take a size 8, but the 7.5 fit perfect. The U12, which is next model down, looks the same except it has the "golf-ball" outer. Nice skate as well. Pricing is going to be like $600 for the CL and $400 for the U12.

I tried on a pair of them today and even without molding they felt great, something the prior versions didn't do. Based on looks (and a nice heel lock), I think these CCM's may finally sell a bit better than the predecessors. They are not going to fit the same, so you must try them on. I usually take a size 8, but the 7.5 fit perfect. The U12, which is next model down, looks the same except it has the "golf-ball" outer. Nice skate as well. Pricing is going to be like $600 for the CL and $400 for the U12.

How do they fit compared to say the one 95's? Or the supreme line?

Are we looking at a october release?

Yes, U+ Cl and U+ 12 will be released in October.

They look great in person, very Vapor-ish...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Fit out of the box blows the previous line out of the water.