Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

I know Datsyuk has adjusted his stick length a bit throughout his career, but my guess is that his current sticks are 58-60".

How long have the Sedins been in Bauer gloves?

Since the beginning of last season. They were still in RBK during the pre-season but ditched it all for Bauer as soon as the regular season started.

Interesting. My sticks are about 57" (from the butt end to where the point of the heel would be, if it weren't rounded off), and I'm roughly Datsyuk's height (I'm 6', he's 5'11"), but my sticks are on the shorter side compared to most, a touch higher than my collar bone on skates.

I've heard people talk about him using a long stick quite a number of times, and it certainly looks really long in videos such as this one:

That stick is clearly way longer than 57", I wonder if he's changed stick lengths over time? Judging by his english I'd say that's an older clip, I believe this picture is a lot newer, and his stick looks way shorter, more like the 57" sticks you've seen.

pavelhank-226x300.jpg

I agree with you. Lets not forget that he uses a very long blade, Im sure its around 11 inches for sure making it look longer too. I do think he uses an end plug with his stick. The game used one that I saw had no plug in it or any tape on it at all. So he may cut it down to roughly 57 or 58 and use a plug on the end. He is definetly 5'11'' I have seen him at the tennis courts many times.

Thanks for the replies, funny how I notice so many minor things but miss such an obvious one...

i think you have the wrong order, i wanna say the picture came before the video, he is still wearing a ccm helmet, not reebok, and zetterberg is still in a mission

i think you have the wrong order, i wanna say the picture came before the video, he is still wearing a ccm helmet, not reebok, and zetterberg is still in a mission

If that's the case, but his new pro-stock sticks are only around 57", then he must have flip flopped back and forth in terms of stick length? Either that or the comment about him putting plugs in his new 57" sticks, making them considerably longer, is dead on. His stick always DOES look pretty long to me in games, even recently, and he seems to surprise players with stick checks all the time from further away than they'd expect.

I really cant see Datsyuk’s stick being longer then 59' inches, also consider how long that blade is, its pretty damn long. So when he stands his stick on its toe it looks longer because of that blade. I'll even say that the blade on the ice makes the stick look longer coupled with the fact that he keeps his hands so high and close to the body giving the appearance he is playing with a telephone pole. Patrick Kane uses and 56’ inch stick, the same length as Ovechkin, and Ovi’s stick looks short on him, obviously they are 5 inches in height difference too. Kane’s stick looks very long and he keeps his hands high and close like Datsyuk too.

A great little website I found on the subject of stick length. http://www.cuthockeysticks.com/ The bettrer “long stick” players I know of today, to me, are Datsyuk, Hossa (uses a 64 inche stick), Kane, and through Toews in there too.

I read the Sudin twins cut their sticks by 3 inches when they came to the NHL. I have a strong belief that the Bauer Kronwall Patter is based on their sticks. Close to the body lie and an open face heel curve.

sedin1.jpg

sedin1b.jpg

sedin1a.jpg

107939919_slide.jpg

107892122_slide.jpg

Kane

Kane-KadriNBHStick.jpg

Kane-KadriNBHCurve.jpg

Its the one on the left.

11057738456inches.jpg

kanecampbellsabres1.jpg

Didn't realize his protective was that beaten up - surprised Dana hasn't patched it up at all.

Yeah I found that odd too since I have almost the same shins and mine have done the same thing but I noticed he started leaving the bottom of his socks up a bit and you could see the bottom of em and they look fine. Must have gotten new ones.

upended.jpg

Looks like Sedin might be going with a 90/75 FBV on his Total Ones. Ha!Ha!Ha!

Looks like Sedin might be going with a 90/75 FBV on his Total Ones. Ha!Ha!Ha!

Better yet, is Marchand wearing the new x60 flesh colored gloves on his left hand?