Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JJStripes

MLX Skates Now Available

I think these skates are a good deal at $400 but are not worth the risk at $599. If they were at the LHS and I could see them first then sure but, ordering skates for $599 before I even see them is a bit of wishful thinking on their part... I am still interested but not $599 interested:)

I think that's the biggest problem, they're trying to overcome the fact that people can't hold or try on the skates before they actually buy them. The skate market is already tough to get into, and if they aren't present at local shops, they need to figure out other ways to gain interest.

Not really a risk when they have proved every single time that if you aren't happy, they'll make you happy on their dime. Whether it is fixing the situation, or giving you your money back.

ehh, its an excuse. risking $600 is no more painful than risking $400. he is just less inclined to make the impulse purchase now that the price went up by 50%. the downside to adjusting prices in-season.

ehh, its an excuse. risking $600 is no more painful than risking $400. he is just less inclined to make the impulse purchase now that the price went up by 50%. the downside to adjusting prices in-season.

Bingo with me. I was looking at them after I saw a code for 25% off, then while mulling it over I was checking out their youtube channel and saw the 50% off, and my impulse drive went into turbo.

FB7,

what size are those boots?

Size 7, yeah I know, go ahead and beak me, I have baby feet haha. They said to go with the smaller of the sizes if you were in between. So I pulled the trigger on the 7 and the length happened to be right on.

FB7, no chirping from me, my T1s are a 6. The reason I asked is because the angle of the eyelets is really tight, like 45*. I figured the boot had to be small to manage that last. Thanks for confirming.

DS50- Ahh you have a small foot as well. I will say its easier to find a deal when your feet are smaller thats for sure ( at least from my experience ). Hmm you spot details like a hawk, I hadnt really taken into account the angle. Im waiting to hear back from MLX if I can heat fit them w/o the holders installed. I suspect that I shouldnt, but I'd like to get confirmation.

Size 7, yeah I know, go ahead and beak me, I have baby feet haha. They said to go with the smaller of the sizes if you were in between. So I pulled the trigger on the 7 and the length happened to be right on.

Don't feel bad. I almost ordered a size 6. :laugh:

I know the skate is all about innovation and suggestions by the players, but I just don't dig the style of it...they need to add some finesse to the skate and make it look more flashy, but that's just me

Has anybody gone as far as being in the situation where they were between sizes and bought both then sent back the size that didn't fit the best? Also want to know how deep the skate is compared to what others have been using. I have a pair of CCM 07's and Bauer x:60's. The Bauers are deeper and keep the lace bite away, but the CCM's don't aggravate my Haglund bump on my right foot.

A perfect situation for me would be a skate that is a comfortable mix that alleviates the bump and lace bite pain.

I was in between the 8 and 9. I originally had the 9 shipped, but it was way to big. They sent the 8 the next day (overnight shipping) with a RA for the size 9's. There service with returns IMO couldn't be better. In my experience with sizing, when in doubt, go with your Bauer size.

I found the MLX skates to be deeper than my X60's too.

Can we go back to just talking about the skate at some point? Dealing with the plants is bad enough but this is getting old quick.

Sure thing. I just had yet another wonderful experience with MLX's cusotmer service. I have skated on my MLX's for a few weeks playing twice a week. Last Friday I took what I would consider a fairly weak shot to the side of the blade holder and when I was done with the skate I found my holder to be broken ( the slimmer peice at the top, just before the big opening). I emailed customer service that night and got a response at 11 something PM. I was asked about my skate size and asked to send a few pictures of the break. I did this and did not hear anything for a day. So I replied again. I was told the new holder was in the mail overnighted - not to worry. Two days after the break I had a new holder AND BLADE in my hand - FREE ! I could not believe it. No huge hurdles to get over or anything - just we want to know about the problems and here you go - brand new one for you. That is impressive.

i wonder how many units will have to go out the door until that kind of customer service stops.

As soon as people start buying on a basis of skate design VS customer service.

It's great to see that they are taking care of their customers, but it seems like a fairly high percentage of people on this site that bought them have had to deal with customer service. I hope for their sake that it isn't representative of the overall numbers.

It's great to see that they are taking care of their customers, but it seems like a fairly high percentage of people on this site that bought them have had to deal with customer service. I hope for their sake that it isn't representative of the overall numbers.

I think that's inevitable when you can't go to a LHS and try the skate on, especially since this is its first year on the market.

I think that's inevitable when you can't go to a LHS and try the skate on, especially since this is its first year on the market.

Exactly, that was my reason for having to deal with Rob. However...the fact that they made me a custom boot to fit my foot is something that no other manufacturer would have done.

I would think that with this particular skate, dealing with customer service would be considered to be normal, considering the product and its unusual standing in the retail skate market.