Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JJStripes

MLX Skates Now Available

When I do get them in, I am obviously not going to know for sure if they had taken and used all of the measurements I sent to them even if they fit perfectly because there is a chance it could have been luck on depth or something. But, they did say they were going to make an extra wide shell with larger side panels for me so, I do think they have looked at the measurements I gave them and decided the stock ones are not big enough. I don't know if they make the shells or side panels to custom measurements that people have sent in or if they just have a "stock" wider shell and larger side panel. I guess I won't know until I try them on and see how they fit.

To be honest, I just want skates that don't hurt one or both of my feet by fitting correctly, as well as good customer service. If I receive those from MLX, they will have a very happy customer that will not be afraid to let other players know. I realize it's a small sample size on here that has these skates, but I haven't seen very much negative feedback about them. I think almost all has been positive, unless I am just not remembering this thread correctly.

JR, could you explain what you feel is the reason they haven't sent a pair of wider/deeper skates for you to review? I swear most of your answers always leave me having more questions! Which is a good thing, because I don't have the experience to even know I should be asking some of them until I read some of your posts.

MLX has a booth at the Lets Play Hockey Expo in St. Paul. You can try on their skates. I wear 8.5 in CCM. Both the 8 and 9 in MLX felt fine to me, but I would probably go with the 8.

As much as I like the skates and am glad to see another company trying to make it into the industry, this move boggles the mind.

No cowling and essentially a player's boot with tendon guard removed at that cost seems a bad move.

In their defense...cowlings are expensive and really cost-prohibitive. That is why for years, Mission never had a roller goalie skate. Lucky for them, they inherited a ton of them with the Bauer acquisition.

However...most LHS can't mount a cowling to save their lives, so yeah, good luck with that.

JR, could you explain what you feel is the reason they haven't sent a pair of wider/deeper skates for you to review? I swear most of your answers always leave me having more questions! Which is a good thing, because I don't have the experience to even know I should be asking some of them until I read some of your posts.

To be honest, I don't know. MSH has been duped on numerous things concerning this brand that I don't know what to believe anymore.

I always tried to be the diplomatic one; just set myself up for more bullshit.

So anyways, I'm done with it.

As much as I like the skates and am glad to see another company trying to make it into the industry, this move boggles the mind.

No cowling and essentially a player's boot with tendon guard removed at that cost seems a bad move.

Maybe they're going with the same market strategy as they did with their player boot. Release at a ridiculous price, offer coupon codes for %50 then find a median that people are willing to pay.

Maybe they're going with the same market strategy as they did with their player boot. Release at a ridiculous price, offer coupon codes for %50 then find a median that people are willing to pay.

just saw this as well.

i guess thats what any company does when they want to launch a product. Hiller at least wears them (and i heard he is crazzzzy about all his equipment). At least they are cheaper than the regular skates lol.

just saw this as well.

i guess thats what any company does when they want to launch a product.

Name ONE company who has fluctuated prices on one current-year product.

The answer, is NONE.

That didn't make sense to me, either. The successful model for a new company breaking into a market is to start off with a less expensive product than the established players and slowly over time working into the higher end. It is not often that a company finds success by jumping into the market at the most expensive levels.

I have seen the Bauer Supreme One100 retailed at $699 with a web price at $549. This is WITH a cowling though. Obviously $550 is a lot of money (especially without the cowling), but when it's custom and high end boot, it's really not that far off. People who are willing to pay top dollar for their skates will do so.

Okay, here comes rant #2...

MSH's 7th anniversary is coming up on the 19th. And since Day One, we have manually approved EVERY member who has registered on MSH. This is one of the reasons why our member base isn't horribly big...people get denied daily.

So, today, I got home and checked the validation queue and saw that there were two members waiting to be validated.

Allow me to walk you all through the process.

We see the username; if acceptable, we move on to the IP check. And that is where sometimes things get a bit dicey.

So, remember when I told Herminator to quit posting about MLX because he worked for their PR firm?

WELL, GUESS FUCKING WHAT?

So does RichardsIsTheMan. And so does our LATEST member NOT TO BE APPROVED, rangerfan11.

And if you don't believe me...the IP never lies.

ipcheck.jpg

ipcheck2.jpg

Back to the process; now some slither through the cracks once in a while...but after 7 years, know by now that at the end of the day, I always win.

Now tell me, why should we discuss your product on this site if all you are doing is trolling?

I don't want to sound like someone who is bitter, but a company that jerked our chains from Day One does not deserve this many chances.

Okay, here comes rant #2...

[snip]

I don't want to sound like someone who is bitter, but a company that jerked our chains from Day One does not deserve this many chances.

With all the fanboi adoration and free positive press they already get here, its hard to believe they'd feel the need to troll besides. How do they figure that could possibly help them? Unwise to mess with MSH... talk about biting the hand that feeds you. Sheesh.

I'm not stupid. I know how the game is played.

Every one of those manufacturers are getting potential customers and market research out of MSH. For free, or if they choose, product for members to use, which in turn, gets them even more potential customers and market research. I've known this.

But don't lie to me, and don't troll. It's pretty damn simple.

Days like this makes me wonder why I even stay on board.

Stuff like this makes me wonder how they can have such a nice guy in Rob, and then have these PR morons.

I love my skates, but they have no right being douches to you, JR.

I'm not stupid. I know how the game is played.

Every one of those manufacturers are getting potential customers and market research out of MSH. For free, or if they choose, product for members to use, which in turn, gets them even more potential customers and market research. I've known this.

But don't lie to me, and don't troll. It's pretty damn simple.

Days like this makes me wonder why I even stay on board.

Thanks for sharing what you find when you turn over the rocks.

Krev - who knows - maybe your "good guy" is one of them.

So I've made my decision -

For those who have their skates and they work for you, I'm happy for you.

But we won't be discussing this brand on MSH at this moment in time. This thread will be locked and no further threads will be opened.

I am sorry if this inconveniences members, but MSH does not deserve to be stepped on like that.

And if the company in question wants to discuss this with me, you've had my contact info.