Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JJStripes

MLX Skates Now Available

May grab a pair for that price. Just need to figure out the size.

By there sizing chart it puts me in a 12. Never wore a 12 in any other skates.

I usually wear a 10 or 10.5

If you read through this thread you will notice everyone that bought the MLX skates were at their normal Bauer/Reebok/CCM skate size or SMALLER. I think MLX even says to go a little smaller than Bauer. For what it is worth, my MLX's are 1/2 size smaller than my CCM's and they fit great.

How are the MLX holders? Do people like them?

CAn you order extra steel? I usually rotate between 2 sets because I send my steel away yo get sharpened.

I like the holders personally. They're over sized and the steel seems pretty good. To me they feel very similar to LS2s but a little softer and more springy. Unfortunately the response I got from MLX was that you couldn't just purchase the steel, you have to purchase the holders too at $40 each.

Has anyone in here taken one off the toe in MLX skates? I hear great reviews about fit but not too much about protection. Thanks!

I've taken multiple shots to the boot on the side and toecap with no ill effect. A little vibration and that's about it.

I only bought the boots. I think they gave me $25 off for not buying the holders and blades.

I just bought the boots only. They threw in some replacement parts and promo apparel in lieu of the holders

I've taken a few off the toe and the side of my foot and haven't felt much of anything. I too am having an issue with the upper eyelets tearing my laces as well.

I've had to replace an eyelet already after is became dislodged and torn. I have a feeling I will be replacing another eyelet soon, or else a skate lace.

Otherwise, I'm still loving these skates. Couldn't be happier.

Has anyone purchased the blemish skates? If they have what kind of blemishes were on them? Anything major?

I'm thisclose to going ahead and deleting your account.

I know what you do, so please knock it off.

Another comment about service here: I cracked the steel on one of my skates a few weeks back. I contacted Rob and had replacements the next day. Really fantastic!

Based off of the feedback here from some, I have decided to get some of these skates. I have a pretty big difference for the lengths of my right and left foot due to a broken toe growing up. My left foot is 28.6cm and my right foot is 27.2cm. Based off of MLX's website, I am a size 10 for the left foot and size 8 for the right foot. Does anyone that have the inserts in their skates know how much length can be taken up by using all of the provided inserts? I am currently talking with Rob and their initial suggestion was to use size 9's and stretch the left boot for some length to fit the left foot. But, I am wondering if the inserts will be able to fill in enough length for my right foot. The 9 is sized at 28.1cm so I would need the inserts to basically cover the "gap" of 0.9cm.

So far, they have been very accommodating with me. They are also going to be making me wider and deeper boots based off of my tracings and measurements. Which they said would take an extra two weeks but I think that is actually a pretty good turnaround time. I can't stress enough how much I value their commitment to customer service. So far, I have been receiving replies to my questions in timely manners and they are willing to "work" with me on getting skates made for my "odd" feet. I really feel like they want me to have great fitting skates.

Will be sure to update as things progress with the purchase, fitting and impressions as it goes along.

Thanks again to those that have taken the time to respond to some of my questions!

Denny

Based off of the feedback here from some, I have decided to get some of these skates. I have a pretty big difference for the lengths of my right and left foot due to a broken toe growing up. My left foot is 28.6cm and my right foot is 27.2cm. Based off of MLX's website, I am a size 10 for the left foot and size 8 for the right foot. Does anyone that have the inserts in their skates know how much length can be taken up by using all of the provided inserts? I am currently talking with Rob and their initial suggestion was to use size 9's and stretch the left boot for some length to fit the left foot. But, I am wondering if the inserts will be able to fill in enough length for my right foot. The 9 is sized at 28.1cm so I would need the inserts to basically cover the "gap" of 0.9cm.

So far, they have been very accommodating with me. They are also going to be making me wider and deeper boots based off of my tracings and measurements. Which they said would take an extra two weeks but I think that is actually a pretty good turnaround time. I can't stress enough how much I value their commitment to customer service. So far, I have been receiving replies to my questions in timely manners and they are willing to "work" with me on getting skates made for my "odd" feet. I really feel like they want me to have great fitting skates.

Will be sure to update as things progress with the purchase, fitting and impressions as it goes along.

Thanks again to those that have taken the time to respond to some of my questions!

Denny

I agree. I also have been talking to Rob. I will also be getting some extra wide and deep skates made.

Now, I'm going to put this out there - at the risk of sounding conceited, but my record speaks for itself so here goes.

Here you have a skate manufacturer trying to make its way in the skate business. They even have several topics on the biggest equipment message board on the net. Now, they send the administrator of said message board a pair of skates to review. The skates don't fit, and he states why it doesn't fit. The company heads' response? "Okay."

Then said admin gets an email from another source of their public relations campaign -

"There seems to be much interest but some hesitation from members due to the lack of expert reviews. Your name came up multiple times and I've noticed that you are the go to guy with questions about equipment. We would like you to review our skates and let ModSquad readers know how they are."

Response is "Skate doesn't have enough volume in its current iteration."

Response? "I'm sorry they do not fit you. I think a review by you would do wonders for the reputation and sale of the skate. If we make a wider version we will let you know."

It's a bit strange, albeit comical that people are buying skates at a "discount" and getting customs out of it, but the person who they believe could validate their skate with a review is not even offered an option.

Now, I'm going to put this out there - at the risk of sounding conceited, but my record speaks for itself so here goes.

Here you have a skate manufacturer trying to make its way in the skate business. They even have several topics on the biggest equipment message board on the net. Now, they send the administrator of said message board a pair of skates to review. The skates don't fit, and he states why it doesn't fit. The company heads' response? "Okay."

Then said admin gets an email from another source of their public relations campaign -

"There seems to be much interest but some hesitation from members due to the lack of expert reviews. Your name came up multiple times and I've noticed that you are the go to guy with questions about equipment. We would like you to review our skates and let ModSquad readers know how they are."

Response is "Skate doesn't have enough volume in its current iteration."

Response? "I'm sorry they do not fit you. I think a review by you would do wonders for the reputation and sale of the skate. If we make a wider version we will let you know."

It's a bit strange, albeit comical that people are buying skates at a "discount" and getting customs out of it, but the person who they believe could validate their skate with a review is not even offered an option.

I have to agree that is very weird. I dont think they will be wide enought or have enough volume for me either.

I would love to see a reveiw from you. It would make me fell better about purchasing them. Its between these or a custom pair of Bauers,

I haven't stayed current with the entire thread, but are they "customs" as in tracing patterns and the like?, (think fully operational LHS on custom Bauer boots) or more along the lines of...

CUSTOM

Do you want a C,D,EE width?

Do you want an AA,A,etc. heel?

Do you have a high volume foot?

Because there is, obviously, a huge difference.