Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2010-2011 Montreal Canadiens

Great, Price is sick and might not play tomorrow against the Leafs. Awesome way to start the season...no Cammy, Markov, Hamrlik and Price. At least they match up with the Leafs roster now :laugh:

Hooray! :blink:

I think I'm gonna have a couple drinks before the game so that I don't care as much if a couple of softies go in on Mr. Price.

Elliot Friedman just had Gionta on the HNIC pregame...he asked which Montreal player will ahve teh breakout season and take the next step for the Team. With a seocnd of hesitation Ginota said "Price!"

None of the players I have heard have references Halak's Spring as a measuring stick for Carey. They talk about his maturity and his offseason. I think this team is 100% behind Carey, and he will have a great year.

Side note: It looks like Carey is going with ANOTHER new mask. That's, what...7 in the last 2 seasons ? *L* talk about your gear whores!

Yea, the problem is not the team, it's the fans. Any bad game Price will have, people will start bashing. BTW Radio, are you drunk? So many typos in your post, lol.

Hooray! :blink:

I think I'm gonna have a couple drinks before the game so that I don't care as much if a couple of softies go in on Mr. Price.

Hope you had those drinks.

Nothing wrong with 2 softies if the final score ends up 3-2! :wink: He's made some big saves since then...but this shouldn't turn into a Game Thread....chat for that.

But just in case...I'll crack another beer *L*

Subban looking amazing. Such a presence that the entire Pittsburgh team wanted a piece of him, probably because he was on Crosby's case. Anyway, let's thank both Price and Fleury for this win.

Subban looking amazing. Such a presence that the entire Pittsburgh team wanted a piece of him, probably because he was on Crosby's case. Anyway, let's thank both Price and Fleury for this win.

Subban has looked fantastic and what a beautiful pass by Plekanec on the first Cammy goal, but it's really too bad the game had to end with such an ugly GWG. A win is a win though and Gomez doesn't get too many so I'll take it, but if Price had been the one to let in that goal instead of Fleury it would've been really ugly. I'm sure Fleury and the Pens fans won't be happy about the GWG, but the aftermath will be nothing like it would've been if Price had let in a similar GWG. Price was solid tonight in the win. Hopefully he continues that way.

Subban has looked fantastic and what a beautiful pass by Plekanec on the first Cammy goal, but it's really too bad the game had to end with such an ugly GWG. A win is a win though and Gomez doesn't get too many so I'll take it, but if Price had been the one to let in that goal instead of Fleury it would've been really ugly. I'm sure Fleury and the Pens fans won't be happy about the GWG, but the aftermath will be nothing like it would've been if Price had let in a similar GWG. Price was solid tonight in the win. Hopefully he continues that way.

Subban is the real deal. I'm looking forward to enjoying his rise. And you know that PK stands for Pierre Klaude.

I don't really care about clumsy Hamrlik but when is Markov scheduled to come back?

The CBC announcers said the Canadiens hope to have Markov back for the end of October...having both Markov and Subban in the lineup at the same time will be nice.

So far, Price has allowed 5 goals....and I can really only find fault in 1 of them (MacArthur the other night...he over commited). He made some amazing saves Sat.

His ability has never been questioned...when he is good, he is really good. It's consistency and between his ears that needs to get right. Some might comment that his nose is partly to blame, but we can leave that discussion for another time.

If he keeps this level of play all year, 'Habs Nation' has nothing to worry about.

On a side note: It's amazing what a different team this is with Cammy in the lineup. I don't argue with Ginota wearing the "C" but as Cammy goes, so goes this team offensively.

Meh, who cares. The NHL wants to fans to feel closer to the teams/players. It's not like the 3 Stars are so sacred. Half the time the network shows different stars than the rink announces - at least that is the case for HNIC. Let the fans be part of the experience...besides, Molson owns the team now....they sponsor the award. Let them do whatever they want with it.

I'm curious to see if the fans can actually pick based on what happens on the ice. 3 Habs, regardless of outcome...every night!

Actually, I take that back...I'd prefer to let the media pick the 3 Stars...and have the fans pick a "Molson Cup Player of the Game" for the Habs. The Bulldogs do it and call it the "Workshorse of the Game" (sponsored by the local Racetrack/Slots).

Habs are clicking pretty good right now. Only really bad game so far was the 3-0 against NJ the other night...and even in that game, 2 of the 3 were not Carey's fault at all. They jsut couldn't beat Marty.

Andrei Kostitsyn seems to have found his legs and shot again this year. I guess getting his whiny/punk brother out of town was the best thing that could happen to him.

Gomez makes WAY too many bad, ill advised passes. Gotta clean that up.

Subban has also toned down the gunslinger/cowboy routine. He'll still join the rush and take a chance...but not nearly as he was in the first 2-3 games.

Getting Markov back soon (apparently this weekend). That means this should only get better. I guess Picard comes to Hamilton, and O'Byrne may never see the ice again.

I'd find it sad to see Picard go as he's been holding his own relatively well so far. He's a big guy that can provide some offense while not being too much of a liability in his own end. But all the others can't be moved really as they are playing well aside from Spacek who's still not in game shape it seems but probably would not be sent down. O'Byrne has blown too many chances as it is and perhaps should be traded while he still has some value.

Kostitsyn picked up another goal and an assist last night. He's been on fire so far this year and it may have to do with his brother leaving town or the fact that it is a contract year. I tend to believe that the contract year thing is what is making him play hard on pretty much every shift so far. He's taken some hits, gone to the net, used is shot and speed. Hopefully he can keep this up for the rest of the season. Price has been playing good and will hopefully keep it up and prove the nay sayers wrong. But as always, we need secondary scoring cause it's not happening right now. We need the Gomez line to start putting the puck in the net. We need the third line to contribute a bit more often too. Lars Eller got his first point last night and I hope it's the first of many to come. That kid can play and is not afraid to play in traffic and lay the body. I like him a lot already. He has the talent. All he needs is a little bit more ice time and confidence.

Can we just get rid of Pouliot. jesus christ I hate that guy. Waste of a body out there. Put White instead of him. Why the hell would they give him 1M$+? The guy is a joke. He has no hustle, is always on his ass and whenever he shoots, he fans on the puck or just shoots it wide. Did I mention that I hate him? :tongue:

They should put Eller in his spot on the 2nd line. Get him to play with experienced guys. Eller's playing like 3 minutes per game...that's the amount of time that Pouliot spends on his ass on the ice per game.

Apart from Pouliot, I'm happy with the team for sure. Price is REALLY solid. When markov comes back, it should be even better. Good thing the PK is tops in the league right now!

Pouliot plays less then Eller or at least not much more. He's been on the fourth line for the pas 3 or 4 games while Eller has been on the third line. Pouliot does get some time on the PP though. I still think that we should be patient with him. Not my favorite player but I don't hate him, at least not yet lol