Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2010-2011 Montreal Canadiens

Only because they don't call charging anymore. No shot to the head though, and that's refreshing.

He took 2 strides to get into the lane then lined up for the hit. That's not charging.

He took 2 strides to get into the lane then lined up for the hit. That's not charging.

He also left his feet, but that doesn't seem to be charging anymore.

Well he left his feet after the impact which is perfectly normal. You can't expect him to keep both feet on the ice after such an impact. I'm not an expert but i believe it would go against laws of physics.

Well he left his feet after the impact which is perfectly normal. You can't expect him to keep both feet on the ice after such an impact. I'm not an expert but i believe it would go against laws of physics.

He jumped up into the other guy. You might want to brush up on your physics as well.

I'm not a huge Subban fan, but if you look at 1.00 on the video, its pretty clear that both of his feet were on the ice at the point of impact. He was clearly lifting his center of mass though. Weird ass-first hit.

Someday that kid is really going to get clocked, like cherry said.

I checked the hit with my PVR, frame-by-frame and Subban's feet were still on the ice on the moment of impact. It was a beautiful legal clean hit to the body. And I'm proud of the kid never going for the head.

Pouliot (FINALLY) and Subban out for tonight against the Canes. Pouliot should've been benched a longggggg time ago. The guy is horrible. I feel bad for Subban though but his play is a bit too wild right now. He's learning what it's like to be a rookie and there's nothing wrong with that at all. It just shows more when you fuck up and you're on D. It's always tougher for D-men.

Pouliot (FINALLY) and Subban out for tonight against the Canes. Pouliot should've been benched a longggggg time ago. The guy is horrible. I feel bad for Subban though but his play is a bit too wild right now. He's learning what it's like to be a rookie and there's nothing wrong with that at all. It just shows more when you fuck up and you're on D. It's always tougher for D-men.

I don't agree with you on this. I find Pouliot to be giving a consistent effort this year. He hits, hell he even backchecks and doesn't complain about playing on the third line with Darche and Eller. He's created a lot of scoring chances so far this year on his line. He's a potential threat anytime he's on the ice.

As for Subban, I don't feel bad for him. It's all part of the learning process. It's overly discussed by the medias in Montreal because it's Montreal. It's the same accross the league, specially on teams fighting for a playoff spots and being in a bad rut. The first players to get singled out by the coaches are usually the rookies because it's simply easier to put them in the stands for a few games. Obviously, if Subban was stellar, he would not be put in the stands but his play as of late is pretty poor. His decision making is poor and he's still taking too many chances and has been directly responsible for goals in the past two games.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Pouliot because the guy just doesn't compete. He's always on his ass because he can't pivot or stay on his god damned skates and gets ridiculous chances to score and just doesn't. I mean, I can accept this from Moen because the guy has zero hands but Pouliot is suppose to be some kind of scorer (seen it how many times so far in the past 2 seasons?). Yeah he's hitting a bit more this year but jesus, at that size, he better be hitting.

He's a bit like Kostitsyn, has the size and the skill but plays like a lazy shithead out there. 1 good game...5 bad games. I honestly absolutely hate Pouliot and i'm happy he was out of the line up.

Send him and Pyatt down and bring White up.

I have no problem with people bitching about their team but some of this is getting absurd. Like them or not, they are NHL players and have a hell of a lot more skill than the vast majority of us. Find a way to make your points without resorting to just insulting them.

a decent trade by Montreal yesterday. Subban cost us another goal by taking himself completly out of the player by attempting yet another big time hit with his back. What's up with turning his back to hit someone? He will end up getting a bad injury if he keeps this up. If a player was ever to duck or start falling and hit him mid-back, he could be for a serious injury. On top of that, if he misses, like last night, he's totally out of the play alot more than if he was facing the guy, at least IMO.

Wisniewski should bring some offense on the power play but he'll have to prove that he can also play D. He's minus 18 but we'll have to wait and see if it's because of the team he was playing for or if he's really that bad defensively. I have to admit that I don't know him much so I can't really comment much on him.

As for last night's game, Andrei K probably was the best player out there for Montreal at least for the first two periods as I went to bed before the third period started.

Waiting patiently for the email from the Bulldogs that says Subban has been sent down. Nothing yet. I hope coming down does what it did for Max Lapierre a few years back, helped him realize his place, made him appreciate the NHL more and he's been a solid player since. Now, PK is expected to be a star, not a 3/4th liner...so it will be a different situation, but I hope he comes down...works hard and proved he belongs (and deserves) to be back in the NHL.

And, if he can tear up the AHL for a few weeks...that's good too. Hamilton is a little thin on D right now with Weber up and Carle hurt...and Sanford got hurt last night...so it's all rookies in net (Mayer and Delmas) for the foreseeable future.

The Wisneiski trade is a good fit. They didn't have to give up a roster player for him...and with the potential of both Hamrlik and Markov gone next year...he's a solid, proven player rather than going into next year with just Subban, Weber and Carle to fill those spots (somewhat) untested.

a decent trade by Montreal yesterday. Subban cost us another goal by taking himself completly out of the player by attempting yet another big time hit with his back. What's up with turning his back to hit someone? He will end up getting a bad injury if he keeps this up. If a player was ever to duck or start falling and hit him mid-back, he could be for a serious injury. On top of that, if he misses, like last night, he's totally out of the play alot more than if he was facing the guy, at least IMO.

Wisniewski should bring some offense on the power play but he'll have to prove that he can also play D. He's minus 18 but we'll have to wait and see if it's because of the team he was playing for or if he's really that bad defensively. I have to admit that I don't know him much so I can't really comment much on him.

As for last night's game, Andrei K probably was the best player out there for Montreal at least for the first two periods as I went to bed before the third period started.

He is.

I'm still not in panic mode. Every year, the Habs have a mid to late December road trip where they play like shit....and more often than not, the rebound in January.

As long as no rookies steal any purses in Florida, they will be okay!

RDS is reporting the Habs have traded Lapierre to the Ducks. Habs not confirming and it doesn't say what is rumored to be coming back.

Yeah, I am wondering if a pick or a player may be coming back in return. I would bet on a pick but we'll see. Now the ducks with have Koivu, Lapierre and Chupchura.

TSN reports that it is to Anaheim for Brett Festerling and a 2012 draft pick. Apparantly Lapierre had asked to be traded a week ago.

I guess he was unhappy with his ice time. From what I could make out on RDS...he went to Muller and Martin during this road trip (after the NYI game maybe?). He played 10 min last night...but only 4 against Washington.

David Desharnais was called up and Festerling will be coming to Hamilton. He had been playing for Syracuse...I knew I recognized the name.

In other Habs news...Gorges is on IR.

He is.

Well so far so good for Wisniewski... 6 games played, 7 points and a +2. So far he hasn't been too much of a liability defensively. Hope he keeps it up.

Watching him play so far I can say I'm fairly impressed, at least offensively. He seems to have a good shot that hits the net most of the time and seems to be pretty good in the transition department making pretty good passes up front to get out of the zone.

Well so far so good for Wisniewski... 6 games played, 7 points and a +2. So far he hasn't been too much of a liability defensively. Hope he keeps it up.

Watching him play so far I can say I'm fairly impressed, at least offensively. He seems to have a good shot that hits the net most of the time and seems to be pretty good in the transition department making pretty good passes up front to get out of the zone.

I thought he looked fine defensively against the bruins on saturday. Looked good on the point in the offensive zone unfortunately haha

Wow...I don't remember the last time I saw that many guys go down in 1 game.

Cammy - shoudler (gone 2 weeks)

Pacioretty - Got hit in the chest with a puck...left the ice okay, but left the arena on a stretcher. I didn't hear an update beyond that.

Halpern - took 2 hits to the head...didn't play after that (was on the bench for at least part of the game though).

Subban - blocked a shot and hobbled off - did return.

Gill - took a slash, pretty sure he kept playing.

Kostitsyn and Gomez both blocked shots late in teh 3rd.

That is going to be 1 sore team in the morning. I hope after back-to-back games that they have the day off (or at the very least an optional skate).

Wow...I don't remember the last time I saw that many guys go down in 1 game.

Cammy - shoudler (gone 2 weeks)

Pacioretty - Got hit in the chest with a puck...left the ice okay, but left the arena on a stretcher. I didn't hear an update beyond that.

Halpern - took 2 hits to the head...didn't play after that (was on the bench for at least part of the game though).

Subban - blocked a shot and hobbled off - did return.

Gill - took a slash, pretty sure he kept playing.

Kostitsyn and Gomez both blocked shots late in teh 3rd.

That is going to be 1 sore team in the morning. I hope after back-to-back games that they have the day off (or at the very least an optional skate).

Gomez taking that useless penalty probably cost them the game.