Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2010-2011 Montreal Canadiens

Gomez taking that useless penalty probably cost them the game.

Yeah...no kidding. Price and Miller were both great...it really shouldn't have gone to OT...someone should have won that game in regulation.

What really got to me was some slow-mo footage of the last game against CGY at l'Antichambre. They showed Subban trying to thank Gomez for his pass after his GWG celebration in OT. Gomez completely ignored him and you could see in Subban's face that he was a little upset about that.They're either trying to break him for good or they really don't like him.

How is what Subban did any different than the display that Ovechkin puts on, or Kane or Kessler...or all the other down on one knee....fist pump, jump into the boards deals in the League?

Honestly...I don't mind that celebration for an OT winner when your team has struggled and needs a lift.

How is what Subban did any different than the display that Ovechkin puts on, or Kane or Kessler...or all the other down on one knee....fist pump, jump into the boards deals in the League?

Honestly...I don't mind that celebration for an OT winner when your team has struggled and needs a lift.

The celly is no different but under the circumstances that they blew a 4 goal lead, he should not have cellyed (cellied?) so hard. He even apologized during his post game interview about doing it.

Yeah but Ovechkin and Kane have to skills to back up these kinds of celebration... wasn't that Subban's 4th goal? It looked like his 50th of the season or the Cup winning goal, as they say, act like you've been there before... Not trying to start an argument here, I just don't like him at all, way too flashy

Yeah but Ovechkin and Kane have to skills to back up these kinds of celebration... wasn't that Subban's 4th goal? It looked like his 50th of the season or the Cup winning goal, as they say, act like you've been there before... Not trying to start an argument here, I just don't like him at all, way too flashy

Comparing forwards to defence.I'm sure if we could pull Ovechkin's first 5 NHl goals they all were crazy cellys. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If let's say that game was back and forth (1-0, 1-1, 2-1 etc...) and he scored and did that celebration would you still not like it?

I still wouldn't like it, no need to be THAT flashy. I'm surprised his skates aren't white and his visor not tinted. Oh well, I think I'm the only Subban hater in Montreal so I'll give up already ahah

I still wouldn't like it, no need to be THAT flashy. I'm surprised his skates aren't white and his visor not tinted. Oh well, I think I'm the only Subban hater in Montreal so I'll give up already ahah

Nope, welcome to the club. Subban has some nice upside to him, but he hasn't done anywhere near enough to warrant all the praise given to him by the local media, cough melnick cough marinaro.

Nope, welcome to the club. Subban has some nice upside to him, but he hasn't done anywhere near enough to warrant all the praise given to him by the local media, cough melnick cough marinaro.

Isnt that what we do in Montreal? Over praise and over hype? Wink wink

Gomez ignored him because Subban ignored Gomez in the first place before he started celebrating. I have nothing against him celebrating that way but he should have at least acknowledged Gomez who was right there wanting to give him a high five for the goal.

Regardless of that little "incident", Subban appears, to me at least, to be playing a bit better and not taking as many chances as he did before and this is kind of reassuring. He's been paired with Gill quite a bit lately so perhaps this has something to do with it. Love him or hate him, Gill can teach Subban a thing or two about playing in the NHL.

Gomez ignored him because Subban ignored Gomez in the first place before he started celebrating. I have nothing against him celebrating that way but he should have at least acknowledged Gomez who was right there wanting to give him a high five for the goal.

Regardless of that little "incident", Subban appears, to me at least, to be playing a bit better and not taking as many chances as he did before and this is kind of reassuring. He's been paired with Gill quite a bit lately so perhaps this has something to do with it. Love him or hate him, Gill can teach Subban a thing or two about playing in the NHL.

The slow stay at home D-Man is going the way of the dinosaur. Hopefully Gill doesn't ruin everything that's made Subban as good as he is.

The slow stay at home D-Man is going the way of the dinosaur. Hopefully Gill doesn't ruin everything that's made Subban as good as he is.

On the contrary, I believe that he will be of great help to him.

I just heard on TSN that Zach Stortini is on waivers from the Oilers. Anyone else think he is the kind of grit that Montreal has been missing for...uhm...YEARS!!!!

I'd love to see them get him. I loved the way he played in the AHL for Hamilton in the Calder Cup year.

I think we have some grit, it just seems not to be used that often or that we're too small for it to be effective. I love Gionta's grit, I just wish sometimes he'd use it on Gomez. :biggrin:

One thing though, the Wiz had a reputation of being a somewhat nasty player when he came here but I'm kind of disapointed that we haven't seen too much of it yet...I had visions of anyone coming across the blue line with their head down being destroyed!

I think we have some grit, it just seems not to be used that often or that we're too small for it to be effective. I love Gionta's grit, I just wish sometimes he'd use it on Gomez. :biggrin:

One thing though, the Wiz had a reputation of being a somewhat nasty player when he came here but I'm kind of disapointed that we haven't seen too much of it yet...I had visions of anyone coming across the blue line with their head down being destroyed!

He usually waits for someone to have their back turned before he hits them. More cheap shots than gritty play.

I just heard on TSN that Zach Stortini is on waivers from the Oilers. Anyone else think he is the kind of grit that Montreal has been missing for...uhm...YEARS!!!!

I'd love to see them get him. I loved the way he played in the AHL for Hamilton in the Calder Cup year.

Would love him on the habs.

He usually waits for someone to have their back turned before he hits them. More cheap shots than gritty play.

Speaking of which, Wisniewski is doubtful for tomorrow with the flu...

I just wish we could get a player, no matter how big or small they are, that doesn't take cheap shots but is intense enough to make the opposition think twice when they come close.

I guess that there is about as much chance of this as getting a 6'5 220 lbs centre/power forward by deadline day.

Just remember folks, 2pm start Saturday.

Go Habs.

Speaking of which, Wisniewski is doubtful for tomorrow with the flu...

I just wish we could get a player, no matter how big or small they are, that doesn't take cheap shots but is intense enough to make the opposition think twice when they come close.

I guess that there is about as much chance of this as getting a 6'5 220 lbs centre/power forward by deadline day.

Just remember folks, 2pm start Saturday.

Go Habs.

Hence Stortini

Even though he doesn't really put up any numbers to speak of (4Pts...all A's in 32 G this year), Stortini isn't an end of the bench type player that you are afraid to have on the ice.

Even though he doesn't really put up any numbers to speak of (4Pts...all A's in 32 G this year), Stortini isn't an end of the bench type player that you are afraid to have on the ice.

Exactly. He can fight, chip in once in a while, I heard he is a great guy in the room and can bring some oumf to the line up.....nother shutout for Carey tonight

Saw a video on TSN of Gill apologizing for something that was "...meant to be a joke". I cna't find any refrrence on GAzette or the Habs Board to what was initially said?

Anyone know?

I believe it has something to do with Subban. Apparantly after the last game or something or other, Subban threw his jersey on the floor and other stuff and seemed like he was being an ass for the equipment guys etc. Gill went past him and called him an Asshole for doing that and went on and picked Subban's stuff off the floor. I got that from Canoe http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/hockey/canadiens/archives/2011/02/20110208-225512.html . I looked elsewhere but it seems to be the only media reporting this and even RDS did not report that, at least not that I know off. The article goes on to say that not everyone in the room likes Subban.

But this is coming from a media that is usually reporting stuff that others don't even bother reporting for obvious reasons or reports things in the Sport world a day or two late, at least most of the time. This is the "empire" that wants to bring a franchise to Quebec City and is willing to fork in about 25% of the financing for a new rink but wants to control a 100% of the rink and keep the full 100% of profits related to the rink hockey related or not....