Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2010-2011 Montreal Canadiens

It sucks that Markov is out again. The team was really playing great. I think in Markov's absence they could use MA Bergeron again for the PP...should come fairly cheap.

I think Bergeron is still recovering from some sort of surgery that he had this summer. not 100% sure though. They should play him as little as possible and only on the powerplays :tongue:

Markov and Subban were playing great together on the PP. It sucks ass.

The way he reacts after the hit looks almost exactly like he did last year when he hurt it. Not good. Picard is the only other D-man on the NHL roster right? I'd bet they call up Carle of Weber. Weber has a hell of a shot. Give him abotu 7-9 minutes of reg time and point duty on the PP.

Weber scares me though. He has a hell of a shot but that's pretty much all he has. He suck defensively...from all the games I've seen him play anyway. And On the powerplay, he know he has a good shot so he forces it way too much. I'd let Picard play eventhough I'm not his biggest fan either.

They did okay withough Markov last year and I'm sure they'll manage this year too.

And hey, if they do okay, I bet you they trade him at the deadline.

Ugh, they're saying probably 3 months for Markov. Brutal.

Staal's play was retarded AND then he flicks Markov's glove at him. But hey who knows, maybe next time he plays Pittsburgh he'll be going against Cooke and this thing will go full circle.

only video I could find was on the rds website for now:

Markov injury

It looked to me like Staal was trying to sneak around behind Markov and clipped him. You can see that Staal was trying to poke the puck around Markov to where Staal was hoping to be after hopping past Markov's back. Not sure what the glove flip was about but there definitely didn't appear to be any other intent by Staal other than getting the puck.

It looked to me like Staal was trying to sneak around behind Markov and clipped him. You can see that Staal was trying to poke the puck around Markov to where Staal was hoping to be after hopping past Markov's back. Not sure what the glove flip was about but there definitely didn't appear to be any other intent by Staal other than getting the puck.

I completely agree with that assessment. It sucks that it happened and Markov was injured, but that was in no way intentional by Staal. He tried unsuccessfully to poke the puck around Markov and then go behind him and pick it up on the other side. It definitely looked like an unfortunate accident from the replay.

Now some media are reporting that he may be gone from 8 to 12 months. His career may even be compromised according to those reports. However, the official word is a lower body injury adding that his knee is still too swollen to come to any conclusion whatsoever.

Now some media are reporting that he may be gone from 8 to 12 months. His career may even be compromised according to those reports. However, the official word is a lower body injury adding that his knee is still too swollen to come to any conclusion whatsoever.

Well that's the first thing that came to my mind after i saw him down on the ice, hitting the boards in pain and frustration. You have to feel bad for the guy...

It sucks but at this point I want him to come back by February so they can trade him. They're gonna get WAYYYYYYYY less than they could have during the summer.

I wonder what the plans in Montreal are now with him. If he comes back, do they attempt to trade him and get whatever they can get? Tough call cause when he's healthy he's a good Dman and it seems that the PP was finally starting to click with him back in the line up. A lot will have to do with how well or bad they will be without Markov come trade deadline... if he's back before the trade deadline. If his season is indeed over like some of the reports seem to suggest, what do you do with him in the off season? Let him walk? Offer him a one year deal at half his present salary or less? A lot will depend on who will be available on July 1st 2011.

Not sure if this goes in the Habs thread of the Flyers thread....(or either for that matter)...

But, what are your thoughts on Richards calling out Subban after last nights game?

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=341505

I'm thinking he didn't like getting handled and held off the scoresheet by a rookie, and if I recall...he didn't exactly come into the League ands sit quietly in the corner...he was brash and eager. Although maybe not as vocal as PK.

I didn't see Subban in Jr...but I saw him play for Canada (on TV) and live for the Bulldogs last year. It appears he hasn't changed his game at all. He just is that way. Brash, eager & cocky.

So, does Mike have a point...or is it a sour grapes kinda thing?

Hahaha I think Richards is pathetic.

Richards goes after Kostitsyn...a guy who never fights...and when PK wants to go, Richards acts like a bitch and refuses. Yep...Big bad broad street bullies!

I'm sure Subban will gladly accept the challenge from Richards on Monday when they play again. Let's see if he mans up.

Notice who is complaining in this article...Richards and Crosby. What a surprise!!

I love PK for starters, but for a rookie that dude is cocky as hell, I like it sometimes and other times he does need to calm down. Most rookies don't have the same swagger, but maybe it's not that bad of a thing. If your shutting down the best in the world in your rookie year, swagger on kid, swagger on(just don't be so cocky you look like a clown)

Funny that Richards is complaining when he has a bigger clown on his team in Carcillo. Powe is throwing elbows and hitting from behind and that's fine by Philly standards. Subban stands up for a teamate and they call him cocky? I find the kid to be good and confident which in times may be seen as being cocky but may not necessarily be the case. However, he seems to get under the opposition's skin quite a lot.

Hey someone has to do it. The Habs are not a team blessed with guys willing to mix it up and have the size to do anything about it (minus Lappy). Gionta, Cammy, etc are willing but are too small and too valuable to the team. When Markov was playing we had three European defenceman active! Hamrlik, Spacey and Markov are all solid guys but they are not guys that are going to scrap it up all the time...

I think PK is a new style of player. A defenceman that can be a pest and had offensive skill to boot. I honestly think he is one of the leagues rising stars and I am not just saying that as a Habs fan. He brings everything you want in a young player.

As for him not having the respect - what about the freshly arrived 4th line wingers that go out there slamming people around and picking on players that have no business fighting? Why do those players get a pass? Because they play 3-4 minutes a game? They are primarily rookies but since their "purpose" is fighting I guess everyone looks the other way.

Exactly. Richards can't really talk when he's hitting guys like that. Subban doesn't hit anymore illegally, he's just very hyper and excited. As soon as the Habs drafted him, I knew he would be the type of player that this team needed. He makes things interesting and he's willing to do anything to win...and he LOVES playing. What more can you ask for?

Notice that the 2 guys complaining were completely shut down by Mr. PK in their last games against the habs.

This story is just ridiculous

Preds in Montreal tonight. I imagine this could be a record for boos when Sergei is introduced. I don't think the fans have much "respect" (big word in Montreal these days *L*) for him.

haha yeah I totally forgot about Sergei. I try not to remember him.

Hopefully Andrei has a big game tonight.

Who's PK going to annoy/shut down tonight? :tongue:

I hope that they don't take them lightly. They're going to try and bounce back from an embarrassing loss to the Leafs two days ago so Montreal better be ready tonight. Plus you have the Sergei factor along with Francis Bouillon who will want to prove Montreal wrong for trading them/letting them go to free agency

At l'Antichambre yesterday, someone (ex-player i think, can't remember his name) mentioned that Subban talks a lot during play particularly on one on one. I can see why that may be annoying for some established forwards but still, it's nothing to justify a "lack of respect" towards him.

At l'Antichambre yesterday, someone (ex-player i think, can't remember his name) mentioned that Subban talks a lot during play particularly on one on one. I can see why that may be annoying for some established forwards but still, it's nothing to justify a "lack of respect" towards him.

From my understanding, this is pretty common in general though - lots of trash-talk in the games. You can't hear what's being said, but watch the wingers' lips during face-offs when you can...I'm sure they aren't talking about their favorite episode of Friends - lol.

PK is a character, and that is something Montreal is desperately lacking. Look at the identity of this team - mostly low-key...it's tough to think of many guys with charisma since Roy left who could get under opponents' skin, then back it up with skill. In all honesty, I find him very fun to watch, and he brings a new level of excitement to the games - no to mention the fact that he is now pretty much their only tue offensive threat from the blue-line again with Markov out. He shut down Crosbaby, he shut down Richards, and he did it with skill - not with cheap hits and unsportsmanlike play - I think he's the best thing that has happened to this team - now if only he could shoot one-timers like Sourray...

I don't remember who said this, but apparently Subban is talking all the time, even when there's nobody around him. So sometimes we might think he's chirping but it's just his mouth on auto-pilot. :laugh: