Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2010-2011 Montreal Canadiens

From my understanding, this is pretty common in general though - lots of trash-talk in the games.

In all the years i've played hockey, i haven't seen many players talk to their opponent during play, especially on one on one. Must be surprising the first time you're trying to get past Subban and he starts chatting.

Subban a healthy scratch tonight against the Devils...not sure what to think about this. Especially since they're putting Weber on D instead of him. I can't stand Weber. The guy has a good shot...when he hits the net...and that's about it. I've never seen him do something great out there. he might be good in the AHL, but he's nothing in the NHL.

I know Subban had a tough night last night...but he's the type of player to come back stronger the next game.

Oh well, we'll see what happens tonight I guess.

Subban a healthy scratch tonight against the Devils...not sure what to think about this. Especially since they're putting Weber on D instead of him. I can't stand Weber. The guy has a good shot...when he hits the net...and that's about it. I've never seen him do something great out there. he might be good in the AHL, but he's nothing in the NHL.

I know Subban had a tough night last night...but he's the type of player to come back stronger the next game.

If Subban is scratched, why not Cammi too? I know Subban dove on the PP which lead to the 2 on 1 SH goal, but he ended up diving after Cammi fell and lost the puck. On the OT winner, it was a bouncing pass, but Cammi couldn't handle it. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of both of them and want them both in the lineup. I just think it's a bit unfair to single out Subban. I think Martin should've just reviewed the tape with him, talked through the mistakes and told him to avoid them in the future. I do think he should be in the lineup tonight. I mean Gomez finally got a goal last night, but has definitely had several off games and he's hasn't been a healthy scractch all season. I guess it's easier to scratch a rookie than a veteran NHLer.

As far as Webber goes, yes I agree that while he's looked great in the AHL, he hasn't done much of anything in the NHL, but he deserves a legitimate look based on the AHL performance. Do I think it should come at the expenense of Subban? No, but hopefully Weber can get some time on the PP and hit the net with his shot.

Sitting a rookie after a rough night is a non issue in almost every NHL city. It's only a big deal because he plays for Montreal.

Yes Subban had a rough night last night but it wasn't his first rough night. A rough night for Subban is probably still better than Webber in the line up. Subban takes way too many chances per game. Most of the time he can make up for it with his speed and feistiness but he has to understand that he can't keep on playing recklessly all the time. I love the kid, his potential, his exhuberance and such but the kid has to learn and being a healthy scratch may just be what the doctor ordered. Still, I'd be less nervous with Subban in the line up. Webber, I have no faith whatsoever in him.

They seem to be doign okay without PK. (up 5-0 as I type this).

Honestly, having to sit during an offensive explosion like this will probably piss him off more than just missing the game...I think it may be the best thing that could happen to him.

And Weber has a point and has been solid defensively so far.

Weber is a lot better than last time up with the big club, he's got more experience under his belt and has more confidence in his own play. The problem, as I see it, with Weber is that JM just doesn't seem to handle it well when the rookies make mistakes. They need to learn how to play without the fear of knowing if they make a mistake they are toast...

I just hope PK was told that this should be a learning experience and not pure punishment for over exuberance. Sit back and see the game unfold, learn what you can do to improve your game, not stay there for risky play the night before.

I can't say i was "impressed" with Weber but he made a few nice plays so it's definitely a big change since the last time he played for the habs.

From what I've been hearing Subban was annoying his team mates and has even gotten in a couple of situations with Pleks in practice so for him to sit and see the team win without him, will hopefully fix whatever was wrong.

SJ is gonna be tough on Saturday!

Weber is a lot better than last time up with the big club, he's got more experience under his belt and has more confidence in his own play. The problem, as I see it, with Weber is that JM just doesn't seem to handle it well when the rookies make mistakes. They need to learn how to play without the fear of knowing if they make a mistake they are toast...

That has always been the knock on Martin, he holds back on young guys way too much.

You can't overestimate the value of a rookie spending a night up in the pressbox watching with one of the assistants.

I also read something about things not being all rosy in the dressing room with PK. Like it's been mentionned there were apparantly a few word and slash exchanged with Plekanec and there have been mentions of some of the veterans being a bit annoyed by his antics. But these are only "assumptions" made by Bob Hartley who was commenting to the media, more specifically TVA Sport in French. He assumes that there are more to it than just his mistake(s) that cost the game against the Oilers or at least, were part of the reason the team lost.

That being said, they played a very good game last night against the Devils and hopefully they can carry that momentum to Saturday's game against the Sharks who handed the Sens yet another loss. Not what the Sens fan would have hoped with Heatley back in town!

I also read something about things not being all rosy in the dressing room with PK. Like it's been mentionned there were apparantly a few word and slash exchanged with Plekanec and there have been mentions of some of the veterans being a bit annoyed by his antics. But these are only "assumptions" made by Bob Hartley who was commenting to the media, more specifically TVA Sport in French. He assumes that there are more to it than just his mistake(s) that cost the game against the Oilers or at least, were part of the reason the team lost.

That being said, they played a very good game last night against the Devils and hopefully they can carry that momentum to Saturday's game against the Sharks who handed the Sens yet another loss. Not what the Sens fan would have hoped with Heatley back in town!

Bob has always had a close relationship with Martin.

Beating the Devils last night was like a Grade 6 kid beating up a Grade 2 kid at recess time...

The Sharks coming to town will be a better gauge of our team set then a beaten down Devils team.

Like it's been mentionned there were apparantly a few word and slash exchanged with Plekanec and there have been mentions of some of the veterans being a bit annoyed by his antics.

This is no speculation. They did quickly show what happened on TV. Plekanec slashing Subban behind the legs, Subban cross-checking him hard in the lower back repeatedly. I know you'll say you have to practice like you play but it was too much, you could feel some anger in there. Next day, next practice, they showed them face to face about to fight until Lappy separated them.

This is no speculation. They did quickly show what happened on TV. Plekanec slashing Subban behind the legs, Subban cross-checking him hard in the lower back repeatedly. I know you'll say you have to practice like you play but it was too much, you could feel some anger in there. Next day, next practice, they showed them face to face about to fight until Lappy separated them.

Thanks for the clarification. I hadn't caught that on the news.

Yeah well that's something you can't do if you're Subban. Pleks is basically the center of all the offense on this team and seems to be quite easy going so obviously Subban got on his nerves.

It's just something that he will hopefully learn and put behind him

Beating the Devils last night was like a Grade 6 kid beating up a Grade 2 kid at recess time...

The Sharks coming to town will be a better gauge of our team set then a beaten down Devils team.

Mission accomplished!

Price again with a good game. Even though I've been a Price fan boy from the get go and had faith in him, he's still playing much better than I had anticipated which is a good thing of course... if you're Habs fan that is!

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Subban's hit on Marchand 2 nights ago... Beautiful and perfectly legal:

Only because they don't call charging anymore. No shot to the head though, and that's refreshing.