Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2010-2011 Montreal Canadiens

This is getting ridiculous.

Markov Gorges, Spacek, Gill, now the Wiz... Apparantly he suffered a broken cheek bone so that should more than likely sideline him for at least a couple of weeks, probably more. I don't mind Mara but if the Habs are to go anywhere in the playoffs or even get there, Gauthier will have to pull the trigger on some sort of trade to solidify the Defense core. A top six forward would also be welcomed but that may prove to be harder to achieve. Apparantly the rumours have intensified regarding Eric Brewer.

Not only are D men falling on the Habs rsoter...but they are falling off the Trade Board too. Kaberle to Boston, Brewer to TB, Ian Whtie to San Jose. Pickings are getting slim.

He practiced today and he's tentative to play tomorrow.

Available Dmen are definitly getting snatched at a rate that no one saw coming. I'm sure there are still some decent Dmen but am not sur that Gauthier is actually shopping a Dman. Word out is that he is trying to get Penner but is not offering anywhere near as to what Edmonton is looking for in return. Cammalleri's back tomorrow and am not expecting much or at least not holding my breath for a big move from the Habs side but you never know. We're talking about a guy who traded Halak and so far that move is paying off so he may surprise us once again before all is said and done.

At least losing to the West isn't giving points to the teams they are in direct competition with for playoff spots. Get this sorted out before you get home though boys!

Along with a stanley cup ring, Brent Sopel brings one of the hottest wives in pro hockey with him to montreal :happy:

ON another note he should take a load of responsibility off hammer and gilly

He already is a pylon

ALL HABS FANS, the habs are having a team sale on february 26th (tomorrow) Bell Centre, 9:30 am.

Apparently the news won't be good for Spacek. Haven't seen it officially listed as done for the year, but on the broadcast last night, they said Sopel is in his locker. Probably a bad sign for Jaro.

Canadiens vs St. Louis tonight or as most see it Price vs Halak!

It is certainly going to be strange watching this one tonight after the events of last few days. Hopefully the lads can channel their frustrations out and blow the Blues out of the water..

Halak played last night so I'm not sure if he'll be in nets tonight. I have a strange feeling that Price and/or Halak will not play tonight.

Team 990 confirmed he is playing, I guess the 19 saves last night wasn't too taxing, but I guess you never know till puck drop.

Holy Hell....Plekanec and Halpern go down last night. This is getting crazy!! Not really even anyone in Hamilton to call up. The best players in Hamilton are hurt too (Dawes & Boyd)

[EDIT]: Apparently Dawes is better. He and Aaron Palushaj got called up today!

Dawes and Palushaj called up for tonight's game.

Yesterday called. They want their news back! j/k.

Duew to injuries and a suspension, The Dogs were left to call up a D-man from the ECHL and play 2 other D at forward last night.

Enqvist called up, and Palushaj sent back to Hamilton.

Nice to see White get his first last...and the Gordie Howe hattie to follow. I only saw the first, but I was impressed with what I saw from Subban in the highlights. 3G/1A. Hard to believe that that was the first hat trick by a rookie D-man in team history. They've definitely had some good ones over the years. Subban is now #1 in rookie scoring for defenceman. Gotta think he'll be considered when Calder votes are cast. Although, Grabner and Skinner have been so good all year...you gotta think one of them will win it.

I'm highly frustrated with how the Habs have been playing lately. Yesterday was very painful to watch them in their zone. They were running around like headless chickens. I think that offensively, they played relatively well in the two periods I saw. Ward played pretty well but man, when they were back in the defensive zone it's as though they had no clue to what they were supposed to be doing. They better get their act together cause it'll be an early exit... although last season same could have been said and they ended up winning two rounds..

I hear ya hamstercaster. I too am frustrated watching this team right now. I hate to say it, but they need Spacek back and Weber to play instead of Mara. Our D corps is just too slow overall. Even though Mara brings toughness, it's not what we really need. I thought Weber has played great this year and shown marked improvement over previous seasons. It's really sad that we have to go without Markov and Gorges. What a difference those two would make. Definitely missing Patches right now. The offence has died without him except for the Minnesota anomaly. I'm so sick of seeing Gomez and Moen get big minutes at the expense of guys like Desharnais and Pouliot. It's funny how in Vancouver (where I'm from) they were using Lapierre and Higgins on the fourth line and in Montreal they were first, second and third line players. Goes to show you how much deeper the Canucks are. I think Gomez is working harder the last few games, but he needs to go to the net more. You ever notice how deadly his shot is when he uses it. He actually has a rocket. Seems to stun goalies a lot, but then again he only shoots once every two games. Overall, I feel like we have little to no offensive creativity. Cammalleri showed some yesterday with his goal. Desharnais is an exception as he has shown that he is the best player on this team right now outside of Price. It just seems like we can have the puck in the offensive zone for quite a while and still not generate any real quality chances. The PP is also pathetic and is really predictable. It's stationary d-men, Gomez or Cammy walking in from the half boards and dishing it down low then the puck gets thrown to nobody in front or to a d-man who is covered and refuses to move. What happened to Tomas Plekanec? Is he hurting still or what? He has been a non factor for a couple months now.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to vent.

Here are the lines that I would run with from now until the end. Desharnais can replace Gomez on line 2 at the drop of a hat. I might bump up Weber or Sopel if Wisniewski is coughing the puck up too much.

Cammalleri Plekanec Kostitsyn (35% of regular strength ice time)

Gionta Gomez Pouliot (Pacioretty when healthy) (30%)

Darche (Pouliot when Patches returns) Desharnais Eller (20%)

Moen Halpern White (Darche when Patches is back) (15%)

Gill Subban

Wisniewski(Then Spacek when he's healthy) Hamrlik

Weber (Wisniewski when Spacek is back) Sopel

Extras:

Picard

Mara

What do you guys think?

There seems to be something wrong with Plekanec. He seems slow and looks like he's got no energy. I'm also sick and tired to see Moen on the first two lines. I can see using him once or twice a game if need be just to add a bit of muscle on the line but aside from that, he should be on 4th line duty. Gomez, I used to like him and defended him with my friends but now I'm out of arguments. Perhaps he'll elevate his play comme playoff time but we kinda need him to step it up now. He's been known for his passing game but honestly, his passing game has been anything but sharp lately. He's passing the puck 2 feet behind the guys or simply turning the puck over. He also suffers of the same problem Subban often suffers of and that's carrying the puck from one end to the other while the wingers are standing still at the blueline waiting for him to enter the offensive zone. You can't have your wingers standing still at the blue line. Pass the frigging puck ahead and keep the play moving god damn it.