Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BCheetham93

Visor fog?

I have that shield and it occasionally fogs up on me. I bought some (Bauer) anti fog spray and it works as advertised about 95% of the time.

Sometimes though, it still fogs up on me, but it usually goes away after a few seconds of skating and having air flow into the mask. Thankfully when it fogs up on me, it's usually just around the nose area and doesn't totally block my vision but there have been situations where I was totally fogged up.

The fogging is also attributed to how the shield is positioned. I wear mine close to the face but when I had it on another helmet where I couldn't wear it as close, fogging never became an issue.

I have some oakley spray that i got with my old half shield that i'll probably use. I hung my mask extra low so that it's not too close to my face. Thanks for the tips!

do you have the deluxe or the regular one?

oh and make sure you use a microfiber cloth as ive scratched up a concept 2 with a regular towel before.

I use Fogdoc (http://fogdoc.com/) with my paintball goggles and it works for me. I think this would work great for visors since you have a lot more air flow than paintball goggles do. Also as others have said you do want to have a microfiber cloth with you on the bench in case you need to wipe away any water from your visor.

Liquid soap or shampoo works. Rub a little in with your fingers, then wipe off with a cloth. It worked fine for years on my old Itech RBE visor. My HS22 vents better and hasn't needed anything more than a microfiber cloth.

I use Fogdoc (http://fogdoc.com/) with my paintball goggles and it works for me. I think this would work great for visors since you have a lot more air flow than paintball goggles do. Also as others have said you do want to have a microfiber cloth with you on the bench in case you need to wipe away any water from your visor.

thanks!

Liquid soap or shampoo works. Rub a little in with your fingers, then wipe off with a cloth. It worked fine for years on my old Itech RBE visor. My HS22 vents better and hasn't needed anything more than a microfiber cloth.

I heard that baby shampoo works the best

Anti-fog spray is the way to go. If you local skate shop doesnt carry it, go to a place that deals in motocycles or snowmobiles, they should have something.

My visor fogs up only when I tilt my head up and my visor is parallel to my forehead so the heat makes it fog. Other than that when it is on normally my visor does not fog up, I use an itech anti-fog spray

Just an FYI, if you are using an Oakley shield and reading this thread, ONLY use the Oakley Approved spray (AFR) or your shield will start to "spider-web" and the shield will be ruined.