Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jsmells

Red Wings 2010-2011

the wings look decent this year I'm looking for a strong push for the cup my only worries could be injuries because of our old age and some shaky goaltending.

I think they have a good chance this year. They have three really good lines with a nice young, grinding 4th line. Modano, Cleary, and Hudler play the 3rd line but could easily play on the 1st or 2nd. The defensive pairs have been swapped with Lidstrom and Kronwall on the 1st line while Rafalski and Stuart are the 2nd. This gives some experience mixed with good physical force. I think if Osgood plays like he use to and Howard looks the same as last year, I don't really see the Wings doing bad this year. However, like you said above, let's hope the injury numbers stay WAY lower than they were last year.

Yeah we do look pretty good this year, we just have to stay healthy.

Hoawrd has got to play better than last year. He was a finalist at the nhl awards but at some times he did look shaky.

It says a lot about the organization that they would go out of their way to recognize "Orange Hat Guy" and "Knitting Lady" and "Mo Cheese" at every home game on the jumbotron. But the fact that they are going out of their way to pay tribute to a long season ticket holder after he died is amazing to me. They re-upholstered his seat in orange, and laid one of his trademark orange carharrt caps on it, and they will leave that tribute at every home game this season. Whats amazing to me is that this is not the first time they've done something special for the Orange Hat guy. I was at the game in November 2007 when the team gave away orange hats to the first 5,000 fans in his honor. How many teams would plan a promotion around one man who was only ever famous for showing up to watch hockey? I think it speaks to the first class organization the Red Wings are.

Sorry for the gushing but I just think the Wings need to be commended for the way they've always celebrated one of their biggest fans.

It says a lot about the organization that they would go out of their way to recognize "Orange Hat Guy" and "Knitting Lady" and "Mo Cheese" at every home game on the jumbotron. But the fact that they are going out of their way to pay tribute to a long season ticket holder after he died is amazing to me. They re-upholstered his seat in orange, and laid one of his trademark orange carharrt caps on it, and they will leave that tribute at every home game this season. Whats amazing to me is that this is not the first time they've done something special for the Orange Hat guy. I was at the game in November 2007 when the team gave away orange hats to the first 5,000 fans in his honor. How many teams would plan a promotion around one man who was only ever famous for showing up to watch hockey? I think it speaks to the first class organization the Red Wings are.

Sorry for the gushing but I just think the Wings need to be commended for the way they've always celebrated one of their biggest fans.

Does it annoy anyone else who watches the games on T.V. how much Mickey Redmond complains about Composite Sticks? Last night he must've mentioned it at least 4 times.

Does it annoy anyone else who watches the games on T.V. how much Mickey Redmond complains about Composite Sticks? Last night he must've mentioned it at least 4 times.

I think he's pretty funny.

I think he's pretty funny.

It's sad to hear him call games. He's completely out of touch and has been for years.

I kinda like Mick, he is like that crazy old relative that everyone has. They talk about the old times and every now and then actually say something meaningful. Plus to hear him say "Holy Jumpin" always cracks me up.

I fully expect Detroit to go deep into the playoffs, however I feel their age will prevent them from winning the cup. Yes, I know. The age argument. However, it is legitimate. If the Stanley Cup playoffs were played today, Detroit would probably win. But, unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Plus, then there are injuries. Just pray its not like last season lol. I really hope that Babcock will rest some of the older players before the playoffs so they have enough gas in the tank to go the distance. Especially since the teams they would be playing late in the playoffs are much much younger. Hopefully they prove me wrong haha

On another note, what do you guys think about Modano. I think he has been a ghost out there. Luckily Cleary and Abdelkader are off to great starts. Also, I don't think Jiri Hudler has been as bad as advertised. Guy creates scoring chances all day (however I did think that 70 point prediction from Babcock was bs to begin with)

On another note, what do you guys think about Modano. I think he has been a ghost out there. Luckily Cleary and Abdelkader are off to great starts. Also, I don't think Jiri Hudler has been as bad as advertised. Guy creates scoring chances all day (however I did think that 70 point prediction from Babcock was bs to begin with)

Yes but we also didn't expect to see Lidstrom on such a hot streak to start so hopefully it will all even out.

Wait, Babcock predicted Modano would get 70 points? Or is it Hudler? That would almost make sense

(My computer: Do you mean Ballcock? LMAO)

Wait, Babcock predicted Modano would get 70 points? Or is it Hudler? That would almost make sense

(My computer: Do you mean Ballcock? LMAO)

Babcock said on getting Hudler back, "that's 70 points guaranteed"....I laughed when he said that. Right now hes on pace for about 35 lol. That's one thing I don't like about my fellow Wings fans. Very unrealistic when it comes to players.

Babcock said on getting Hudler back, "that's 70 points guaranteed"....I laughed when he said that. Right now hes on pace for about 35 lol. That's one thing I don't like about my fellow Wings fans. Very unrealistic when it comes to players.

Ahah, it's the same everywhere. I know what I'm talking about, I live in Montreal :dry:

there past few games havnt been very good :( hopefully they can pull of a good win this saturday and sunday, especially sunday against devils.. i have a $100 bet on it that wings will win :ohmy:

there past few games havnt been very good :( hopefully they can pull of a good win this saturday and sunday, especially sunday against devils.. i have a $100 bet on it that wings will win :ohmy:

Never bet on your team!

I haven't been able to catch any games, but I picked up Holstrom off waivers for fantasy... what's the deal with his season? He hasn't gotten many points for me.