Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

Interesting thread. I have a couple orders from Tron in the past for outdoor roller pucks and just recently picked up a pair of their Tron 5000 gloves. I wanted some leather gloves, as the leather outer lasts much longer to falling on concrete during outdoor play. Unfortunately it seems all new models are only coming out in mesh, which gets absolutely destroyed. After a few falls the mesh gets completely ripped and I’ll start losing pads on top of the fingers.

Tron had a $50 one-day sale on the 5000 model, and I was pretty impressed with the quality after they were delivered. Materials felt good and palm is super soft. Only used them once, but after a few tumbles on the concrete, the exterior is holding up nicely. They are a traditional fit (which I like) but my only gripe is these are super wide. Would probably work fine if you want an old-time style glove, but I think I might pick up their T-10 model next, as I hear they are a little more narrow.

I also use their Elite composite shaft for outdoor roller play, and it has held up very well to a season of playing in two leage and a good number pick up games. Very light, no grip, and hasn't shattered... no complaints.

Glad I found this thread about the one-piece sticks. I was on the fence about buying some for ice play, but I think I'll continue to go with discounted top-level twigs.

Edited by Hat_Trick_Hokie

Oh, and I don't know which model it was, but I played around with a tron roller puck during warm up at a pickup session and wasn't impressed. It didn't move as well as the IDS or rocket pucks. I also played around with a Verbero puck at the same session and was VERY impressed with that one - it stayed flat and moved quite well. I preferred the Vebero puck to any other roller puck I've used. I wish more leagues would use that one instead of the standard rocket pucks.

Edited by althoma1
  • Like 1

From Tron's Facebook Page:

We are proud to announce our partnership with Toyota Tsusho ( a division of the Toyota Motor car company ). Toyota will be investing money, material ( composites ) and product knowledge. In the past year and a half we jointly produced prototypes for the following products: Tronx Pro Comp player and goalie helmets ( Spring 2015 launch ), Tronx series Pro level sticks ( Spring 2015 launch ), the safest helmet ever made the Tronx Air Comp Helmet ( Fall 2015 launch ) and the Tronx Series Pro Comp Skates (Summer 2016 launch ). We are looking forward to a long term relationship with Toyota Tsusho and many more great product launches!

Hmm interesting..

From doing some quick google research I gather that Toyota Tsusho is a trading company. It's not like they're the sports research division of Toyota. I think Tron is just sourcing some materials from Toyota Tsusho and is trying to leverage the Toyota name to add more credibility. I could be wrong, but that's my general feeling.

It doesn't mean their new products aren't good - I'll reserve judgement. I do like their practice jerseys (seem fairly original as I haven't used another brand with exactly the same feel), visors (Oakley knock off) and high end Valken clone pants and girdles. I haven't seen anything from a Tron branded skate or helmet perspective that's really wowed me, but I haven't used any Tron helmets or skates.

• Like 1

Following up...Have looked at my kids bags and after 1.5 years they will need replacing. The materials used look similar, but do not have the same durability of some of the higher end Name brand bags. The Daughter uses her for goalie gear and its stuffed, but I cannot figure how she has gotten holes where they are, unless she has snageed the bag on something. My Boys back pack has the should er straps about to rip off, the bottome is about destroyed and the zipper pulls needed me to replace with homemade skatelace straps and then some of them still got pulled off.

I have a visor which works well...but as others have suggested...I see not certification sticker...which makes one wonder about safety.

As far as their sticks being labeled comparable...they have not stated how they compare and it could be just the graphics...just saying

I have two guys on one of my teams and a couple in the rookie league I'm in with tron bags and they all have these weird holes on the ends, like the bag has been chewed up. I'd say it was skates, but these bags have side skate pockets so that can't be it. I'd love to know what the crap is happening to these things. There's no way they all have mice or something... heh.

Well on my daughter's bag...the skate pockets are on the end. But, the way

Holes do not appear to be by the skates and the holes do look different then most 3 point tears....sorta like something was in search of stinky cheese.

• Like 1

It says that it is HECC certified, but I don't see a listing under their name. It also doesn't look like the helmet from seven star, so I have no idea who is making it for them. The one in the picture doesn't have a sticker either. Personally, I would avoid it, far too many question marks for me.

Personally, I would avoid it, far too many question marks for me.

Is it possible to set a function where this is an automatic reply anytime someone asks if they should buy anything from Tron?

• Like 4

Thanks for the info Chadd. Didn't really want to bump an old thread but it seems like there's been a lot of traffic in this and I was curious if anyone has experience with their kids. I'm in the market for a new one (currently own a Bauer 5100) and really just looking at all of the options.

Is it possible to set a function where this is an automatic reply anytime someone asks if they should buy anything from Tron?

There is no certification when it comes to shin pads or gloves, there is when it comes to helmets. If I recall, there were questions when they initially posted their helmet and they said that it had been submitted for certification and expected to receive the results soon. However, I still don't see it on the HECC list. In fact, I find their use of "approved" instead of "certified" to be interesting. Either HECC isn't listing them when the helmets are certified or Tron is misleading people.

Here is the link to the HECC website.

http://www.hecc.net/certprods.helmet.html

There is no certification when it comes to shin pads or gloves, there is when it comes to helmets. If I recall, there were questions when they initially posted their helmet and they said that it had been submitted for certification and expected to receive the results soon. However, I still don't see it on the HECC list. In fact, I find their use of "approved" instead of "certified" to be interesting. Either HECC isn't listing them when the helmets are certified or Tron is misleading people.

Here is the link to the HECC website.

http://www.hecc.net/certprods.helmet.html

I think he was talking about the "I'd avoid it, too many question marks" part and not specifically about certification. :)

Looks like they are certified now - they are the last entry on that link now. We ordered custom jerseys and socks from them, they are fine - but still hesitant to trust them with a helmet.

Great to see it listed now. That does remove one of the major reservations that I have had against it.