Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2011 Bauer Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/Index.php?/files/file/103-2011-bauer-catalogue/

Skates- For 2011, Bauer has revamped the Vapor line. The top skate for them this year will be the Bauer Vapor APX (pronounced apex.) Expanding on the 3d-lasted Alive composite concept, they are going with a tech-driven skate. The HydraMax liner that debuted with the X:60 has been slightly tweaked - it is a bit softer this time around. Also, Total Edge Comfort has been added to the edge of the boot. The tongue also has been tweaked - it now has a new lacebite protector that is somewhat embedded in the tongue. Another feature is the footbed - the edges of the toecap actually fold up and hugs the toecap so that the skater doesn't feel the actual toecap.

The 7.0 slides in under the APX and is essentially a direct replacement of the X:60 - traditionally-lasted.

6.0, 5.0, 4.0, 3.0, 2.0 and 1.0 round out the line.

Supreme skates - Reflex tongue becomes 3Flex tongue, other than that, no changes.

Sticks - Supreme line was an October release, Vapor line is unchanged.

Helmets - No changes other than the 2100 helmet - which is a dual-density VN helmet (tweaked 5500 shell) with integrated ear protection. 1-screw adjustment system. Should be a very popular helmet.

Gloves - Supreme line was changed this year - the top glove is the TotalONE. Following the anatomical fit of Supreme gloves of years past, layers of gel and Poron (the material that is in the 9900 helmet) serves as the protective aspect of the glove. Memory foam is added inside to mold to the player's hand. The palm is nubuck (think boots) with a stamped nash overlay.

The 4-Roll glove has also been tweaked. EPP foam has been added to the rolls - bringing down the weight of the glove. Also, a 3-piece cuff has been added.

Vapor gloves are unchanged.

Protective - Supreme line has been changed for 2011. With the TotalONE, all caps (shoulder/shin/forearm) have fused HD foam/PE shells. MaxSorb (the same technology addressed earlier in the TO glove) is added in key areas (sternum/elbow/knee). Also, all kneecaps have been changed this year - no more Nike caps.

Vapor protective is unchanged.

The Supreme pants were just rebranded this year. A new feature is Rangers braid for made-to-order pants.

Wow, with 8 models of Vapor skates, LHS' will probably have to choose wisely as to which models to carry. And with that many models, it'll be stiff competition to the other skate brands, especially with Bauer already being perhaps the most popular skates out there.

The 2100 looks amazing, I agree in that I think it'll be very popular. I assume it's a big step up from the 1500, and almost to the 4500?

Finally, next year's Supreme gloves actually look quite good...anything should be better looking than the previous Supreme series...

Sorry but that screw on the side of the 2100 is hideous. either put it above the vent rim, or put 2 on there. looks like a design afterthought. nit picky I know, but it's what i'm in school for :smile:

Sorry but that screw on the side of the 2100 is hideous. either put it above the vent rim, or put 2 on there. looks like a design afterthought. nit picky I know, but it's what i'm in school for :smile:

2100 isn't geared towards the demographic you fall under.

Black LS2 holders are not a stock item and are not available as MTO on booking. I guess you'll have to fetch a pair off LE skates now if you want them.

Black LS2 holders are not a stock item and are not available as MTO on booking. I guess you'll have to fetch a pair off LE skates now if you want them.

rough. thanks ds

2100 isn't geared towards the demographic you fall under.

I know. I just wish for once that one of these companies would make a decent looking cheap helmet for beginners, kids, etc. but that is another discussion for another thread someday.

so has the One95 girdle gotten dropped? that would suck

I was expecting to see the TotalOne version of it, but only the Core Pad was in the catalogue?

No, then no, then yes.

Thanks for that. I was planning on buying a pair of X60s when they go on closeout but the more I see the APX, the more I'm leaning towards it. I take it the price range will be where the TotalOnes are?

TotalONE Core Pad is on the bottom of the page with ONE60 and ONE40 pants.

Regarding APX fit, your sizing will stay the same. However, JR and I have tried on the skates and the fit is a wee bit different than a Vapor. Don't go crazy guys, it is not drastic but if you have tried on Vapors before and felt a pressure point or hot spot that kept you out of Vapors, it may not be there if you try on APX. I know I am a Supreme foot last but the APX felt wearable while an X:60 I wore for a month last year confirmed I was not a true current Vapor foot last. So there is a slight difference. The ALIVE speaks to this fit. The APX will MSRP at $800.