Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2011 Bauer Catalogue

that'll be the LE haha nice shop though

I think they should leave crazy graphics for the LE's and have a relatively simple black color scheme for the regular skates.

I really wish they didn't have the flashy graphics. I would much prefer something like this (cooked it up in photoshop):

bauerapxeditsm.jpg

That would be an awesome looking skate for sure, even more so with a less shiny finish. I'm not a fan of how Vapors look at all, even though I'm currently skating in X40s (love the fit and performance, which is obviously what really matters, just don't like how they look).

Also, just noticed this, but the gap between the 3rd and 4th eyelet on the Apx is MASSIVE, almost as if there's an entire eyelet missing. I'm guessing this is to allow for a little extra forward flex?

Also, just noticed this, but the gap between the 3rd and 4th eyelet on the Apx is MASSIVE, almost as if there's an entire eyelet missing. I'm guessing this is to allow for a little extra forward flex?

We "skip-lace" our wildland boots like that to avoid lace bite. And when I say lace bite I mean, socks sticking to your foot because of dried been hiking all day blood. I am guessing this and to allow a little more even forward flex as you stated?

And as I think about it more! Thank you for pointing that out! I am going to give that a try next time I skate! Skipping that eyelet!

I was actually wondering the same thing. Hopefully.

That would be it, I always skip an eyelet in whichever skate I would wear, just for forward flex and to prevent it from digging into my ankle

The APX Skates look sick but I think I'm going to stick with the supreme line, but my god the new 4 rolls look horrible compared to the 2010 models (I have a pair and love them)

Remember in past years, what they had in that section? A red rubbery piece? They're just not calling it out like they used to.

Remember in past years, what they had in that section? A red rubbery piece? They're just not calling it out like they used to.

Yeah it is more noticeable with the black gap instead of red filling the space.

Indeed, no more red rubbery piece, but the gap between the 3rd and 4th eyelets themselves also just looks a lot bigger than on the previous line of Vapor skates. For example, here's the X60 vs. the Apx

bauer_v_x60.jpg

39576_161068220581913_136033019752100_368546_8134442_n.jpg

I know it's just a picture, but it looks like the top eyelet orientation on the APX is lower, just like the TotalOnes. Is this the same now for all models across both the Vapor and Supreme lines?

Any word on when in April the new pants will be available for sale? I'm really trying to hold off on new pants but my currents ones are in terrible shape — would rather wait for the TO's since cant find any One95's in my size.

I know it's just a picture, but it looks like the top eyelet orientation on the APX is lower, just like the TotalOnes. Is this the same now for all models across both the Vapor and Supreme lines?

I can only hope it's lower, I don't use the top eyelet on my x60's. I like having the stiff boot for the support on the sides, but like a lot of forward flex.

If you go to icewarehouse website you can see the APX in a 360 view. One problem, no more carbon outsole, just texalium, same outsole like on the T1 if you ask me.