Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2011 All star roster.

Backes? Kesler? on offense... this is supposed to showcase the game, how are grinders supposed to show off their scoring ability? Why not Zetterberg or Backstrom or Havlat or Paul Stastny? and on D Erik Karlsson? Marc Staal? Where's Drew Doughty? Good enough for team canada, but not the all star game? Where's Jack Johnson or John- Michael Liles? The list goes on and on...

As an Oilers fan, to see Hemsky in the list is a joke. I honestly don't think anyone in the Oilers roster should be in the all-star line-up save Hall and Eberle, since they're in the Rookie category.

There are always a number of guys that ask to be excluded so they can rest and rehab nagging injuries.

On the positive side of the ledger, its good to say Matt Duchene on this list. Very deserving and his combination of speed and skill will display very well come Sunday.

Numbers below the crest is what I am hearing.

On the front? Aww crap. I bet the manufacturers are loving having to produce two different sets of gloves for their guys, depending on what team they end up playing on.

Backes? Kesler? on offense... this is supposed to showcase the game, how are grinders supposed to show off their scoring ability? Why not Zetterberg or Backstrom or Havlat or Paul Stastny? and on D Erik Karlsson? Marc Staal? Where's Drew Doughty? Good enough for team canada, but not the all star game? Where's Jack Johnson or John- Michael Liles? The list goes on and on...

In Staal's defense — he is one of the best shutdown defensivemen in the game. Watch some Rangers games and you'll see. Jack Johnson is probably one of the worst defensive players in the game so unless your argument is based on 100% offense — Staal > Johnson for sure. Not sure why Liles isn't in though....

On the front? Aww crap. I bet the manufacturers are loving having to produce two different sets of gloves for their guys, depending on what team they end up playing on.

i either see a lot of nhl auctions or ebay auctions in the future on all that extra equipment

On the front? Aww crap. I bet the manufacturers gear whores on ebay are loving having to produce look for two different sets of gloves for their guys collections, depending on what team they end up playing on.

FTFY *L*

I'd like to see guys wear matching pants/socks/helmets...but keep their own team gloves. I know the companies have started using the ASG as a way to get some new stuff some exposure....but the mismatched "shinny" look would be fitting this year given the way thte teams are being picked.

Those white jerseys look like the pink "Ladies" jerseys that all the teams have now.

Kessel, Hemsky, why are these guys in the all-star game? It's nice to see Hemsky made it to the half-way point of the season for once. Love the fact Tobias Enstrom was picked. Truly one of the most underated/not talked about offensive dman in the game today.

Don't forget that the league wants at least one player from every team playing in the game. That means some deserving people are going to miss out.

Don't forget that the league wants at least one player from every team playing in the game. That means some deserving people are going to miss out.

ahhh good point, forgot about that. Maybe that's why for example Luongo isn't there. That would make 4 Vancouver players.

Is Buff really good enough on defense to be selected at that position?

I definitely don't care for the jerseys.

Is Mike Green really good enough on defense to be considered for the Norris? It's the ASG, Byfuglien has a lot of points, who cares?

Sabres, Coyotes, Panthers, Islanders do not have an All Star. All have a young star rep, but that doesn't explain how the Oil send two young stars AND Ales Hemsky, who has 24 points this season, good for 118th in the league.

Another observation: 5 Eastern Conference goalies, only one Western conference.