Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lee-Bro

Co-ed locker room?

I played some co-ed softball several years ago and everyone changed in their respective (gender) locker/changing rooms. I started playing hockey this year. It's completely beginner co-ed beer-league. We have a woman on the team who changes in the same room as us yet other women change in the bathroom. I'm used to seeing women in various stages of undress for sports due to reffing roller derby.

What I'm curious about is co-ed lockers typical in your area?

Played open hockey one night with some buddies of mine and one of the goalies was female. She was already on the ice when we got there and we ended up in the locker room that she changed in (there already a bunch of dudes in there as well). After the skate, she knew no bounds. Stripped right down to nothing, jumped in the shower and even offered my buddy some shampoo. What made it even more weird was one, she graduated a couple years after me from the same high school and two, wound up at the same bar later that night and offered to buy my buddy a drink. Safe to say we don't tell his wife about that night, nor do we let him live it down...

We have 2 teenage girls on the team & they change in another room. My girlfriend thinks it's funny that we have an older woman changing in a room of guys she has 15-25 years on. My girlfriend's dad was damn near rolling on the floor when I told him about it.

Around here most women change in the same room as the guys. Underthings are changed in the bathroom, and showers are rarely taken. The showers at a lot of the rinks are nasty. Some of the guys will completely strip down, but as long as they aren't doing the whole "naked guy" thing it really isn't a big deal.

1 girl on our team. She goes no further than sports bra and leggins, but we all drop trou. Doesn't seem to bother her any as she stays conversing and laughing with the rest of us.

Every rink that i go to has a seperate locker room for girls so changing is never an issue. I would think that some girls would be ok with it but i also know some girls that would have an issue with changing in the same locker room

Every rink that i go to has a seperate locker room for girls so changing is never an issue. I would think that some girls would be ok with it but i also know some girls that would have an issue with changing in the same locker room

Wow, where do you live? The rinks in Mass remind me of that apartment bathroom scene in Eddie Murphy's Coming to America!

Wow, where do you live? The rinks in Mass remind me of that apartment bathroom scene in Eddie Murphy's Coming to America!

haha that is a good analogy. I live in Pittsbrugh and I go to school in Erie and ive been to rinks in both cities and never shared a locker room with a girl. Maybe once there was a mom in the locker room helping her child get dressed but that’s it.

I have mix results. Some girls I've played with change in the bathroom or separate room entirely. I have also had some get down to bra and underwear in front of the whole locker room. I have yet to be at any rink with a male and female separate locker room.

Depends on the woman and the facility. Heck, some of the women on my team (women's team) are modest even in front of just the rest of us women - I can only imagine how bad they'd be in a co-ed room. Granted, half of the team are lesbians, and who knows, maybe the straight chicks are afraid we're checking them out or something. But still funny as hell when they put one bra on over another and then slip the first one out so their tits never show. And I can't even imagine wearing home the same underwear I played in... ick! And yet, a good number of them do. Nuts. No pun intended. Mighty uptight society in the US, at least here in New England, anyway.

On all of the co-ed teams I've played on it usually is a mixed bag - have the ones who change in another locker room, the ones who put on their game underwear in the bathroom, ones that do the hidden bra and super-long shirt trick, and ones who strip all the way down. The common denominator is that none of them shower.

On all of the co-ed teams I've played on it usually is a mixed bag - have the ones who change in another locker room, the ones who put on their game underwear in the bathroom, ones that do the hidden bra and super-long shirt trick, and ones who strip all the way down. The common denominator is that none of them shower.

x2.

There was this one woman my first season who would shower, walk around naked, and sit down next to you while you were changing and engage in full on conversation...

x2.

There was this one woman my first season who would shower, walk around naked, and sit down next to you while you were changing and engage in full on conversation...

That can make one wonder if there's an element of hoping for a pickup there, without the emotional risk of asking.

Where I play open hockey, we have a female goalie, who often changes in the same room with some of the guys. She's never down to her underwear with guys there; she's always the last one in the room. The behavior of the guys varies. Most cover their junk when changing, or going to and from the shower. A few don't bother. One came back from the shower and stood on the bench drying himself.

Here in NY my experience is that almost all women use a separate room. Every once in a while we get a woman who uses the same room, doesn't bother me and apparently doesn't bother her either. It's never been an issue.

We've got a girl on our team now, and I've had them on several teams in the past. All will change under garments in the bathroom, and then get dressed in the same locker as the rest of the team.

As for the guys, most will simply tie a spare jersey around while changing. I go this route simply out of respect for her. While I wouldn't be uncomfortable with it, I don't know how she would take it, and honest, it would be rude to just assume that she'd be cool with everyone's business on display.

That being said, the most uptight person I've come across was a captain on our ALL MEN team. He tried to force everyone into changing undergarments in the bathroom. I about fell over when he made his little announcement.

Here in North Vancouver, the Co-ed league the girls from both teams share one dressing room while the guys on both teams share the other. To Date there have not been any problems with this system.

I had a girl on my minor hockey team all the way through bantams. Coaches were pretty good about it, she would show up early, get her bottoms and undershirt on, then leave until the guys at least had their leggings/jocks on. Could be a pain sometimes but the majority of the time it ran smoothly. Now it's a mixed bag like JR said, although no girls completely strip down.

I believe there are separate rooms for girls in the rinks that I play at, so my thoughts have evolved so that if a woman decides to share what is considered to be the guy's locker room, then I'm going to treat her as though she's gender neutral. In other words, I no longer wait for them to leave the room for me to change into my compression pants/cup or for me to take a shower. That being said, I'm always one of the slowest in the locker room, so most of them would be safely out of the room before being ruined by what they might see.....

The girls on our high school teams use separate rooms. I find a lot of rinks now have a designated girl's/women's locker room of some sort. Never had problems with accommodations.

x2.

Had same thing happen during pickup right after the new year. Really weird, she showed up after me and as I was lacing got naked, so I'm like ha that's awesome cuz she was pretty cute. Played puck, and in locker room there is her me and my bud, again she got naked right in front of us. Didnt bother turning around this time either. Only experience with this tho, never seen her again either.

x2.

is that the same woman who met her fiance in the shower at one of the rinks? true story.

I bet it's different depending on the age group of playing. If it is high school aged kids, there probably shouldn't be any co-ed stripping down.

At adult league though it doesn't really matter, at least here in MN. Guys will strip down but they aren't walking around the locker room. I personally don't go down to naked in a co-ed room. I will usually change my spandex in the bathroom.

At one of the rinks I played at, we had separate rooms for guys and gals, but only one shared shower/bathroom down the hall. It never failed there would be this one guy, who just had to strut it down the hall on the way to the shower, slapping his junk against his thigh with every stride. The girls used to get a pretty good laugh about it - mind you, we would never have commented or thought about it had he not been deliberately displaying it, so no need to get self-conscious or anything - but since this guy was evidently so proud of it, we couldn't help but say to each other things along the lines of "Eh, it ain't as big as he seems to think it is... lol"

When I played in an adult beginner league, everyone changed in the same room. In college intramurals, the women requested a separate dressing room. Playing outdoor pickup this past season, there wasn't really a 'dressing room' per se and everyone got dressed in the same space. The building's full-length glass doors and windows would've made separate rooms a moot point, anyway ...

Some people (men and women) seem comfortable sharing a dressing space, some don't.