Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Boston Bruins: 2011-2012

I was at the Harbor Hotel last night when they got the rings, talked to Recchi and Shane Hnidy after the event. Man those rings are huge. My favorite quote of the night, as the Sheriff was walking away, one of my friends turns to me and says damn, thats gotta feel like wearing a lead golf ball on your hand. Shane turns around and goes, "Trust me boys, it feels much better than that." So Excited for the season to get underway and the banner to go up tomorrow night. I'm hoping for big things this year out of Marchand and Seguin, if those two can take a step or two further than last year and the goaltending tandem even comes near where Thomas set the bar last year I think we could see some very good things happen this season.

It will be interesting to see how both of them respond this season. Apparently, both were invited to sit-downs with brass over their celebration antics over the course of the summer.

Let's hope two days in Maine turns into another summer of drunkenness for Marchand.....

They went to one of the islands the ferry company i work for services, apparently they took over the whole "diamond cove" side of the island, suprisingly not a lot of kegs were in the the frieght cages on the dock for pick up into town... although the stories are starting to trickle in.

I didn't like seeing the lull at he end of the first period, since it reminded me of too many games last year, but it could have been due to the half-hour ceremony. I've heard teams say that the longer ceremonies get draining when they're just standing around.

I was at the game- the crowd was all over the B's powerplay efforts in the thrid. Too much passing, still not enough shooting. A better gauge will likley be how everything is running 10-15 games in.

Today's game was the first I had seen Tuukka play this year. He may have taken the loss, but he looked good. It seemed he was controlling rebounds better than he had in the past.

Poor effort by the B's, however. The sooner they realize other teams will view them as a measuring tape because of the scarlet letters "SCC" on their chests, the sooner they'll be able to match the intensity of those teams. There won't be any sneaking up on opponents this year.

Yesterday was a problem that they've had for a couple of years. They always struggle to get going when playing those teams that they are supposed to beat.

Julien dropped the nugget that he might tinker with the first line. I don't think he'll actually do it only 3 games in, the comment is probably just intended to be a fire starter for those guys.

He's going to have to tinker with the first line now that Krejci is supposedly out with a "body injury". He didn't make the trip with the team to Carolina yesterday Neely said in an interview on 98.5. The way Seguin has looked these first few games, I'd love to see Claude slot him in there between Horton and Lucic. You don't want to change anything on that second line the way those guys have clicked and Claude can't have Kelly be the first line center, can he? ...can he? Last year, I would have zero faith that Seguin would get that opportunity, but Claude seems to be much more open to letting the kid play this year and he seems to really be making things happen even playing with not the most skilled linemates in the world.

I think Seguin's the best passer on the team. I know Krejci is creative, but some of his passes are predictable, whereas Seguin has a bit of Savard where he'll go behind-the-back diagonally to a defenseman. I'd rather see him skate with Lucic and Horton.

You can go ahead and thank Duncan Keith for the win. If any other player in the league was that lazy on Boychuk's dump in, he wouldn't have seen the ice for the rest of the game. In Chicago, he plays more than half of the remaining time.

Ugly one tonight. I have no idea what they are trying to do on there power play. Yes they scored one late, but there early ones looked awful.

I think Marchand has looked great so far this year. But he needs to use better judgement. The misconduct he took late was needless.

I'm not overly concerned over there slow start yet, but I would like to see a lot more intensity in some these early games

The refs let the game get out of control. No clue why they would eject Marchand. Could have been a good game if they were able to play the last 8 minutes.