Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Boston Bruins: 2011-2012

i havent read the details, but a cap friendly 3 year deal ups his value. NTC would kill that idea.. the rest of his line is singed till next year, so he could be sticking around.

Articles I had read before the season had suggested the B's might need to move Krejci because they were worried they wouldn't be able to afford him. However, the new agreement seems to be affordable enough to lesson any reasons why the B's would want to move him, presuming his productivity is similar to the past three years (or maybe even slightly better).

At least their are some Bruins fans out there saying Luici's hit was just playing stupid. Luici could of clearly turned away but instead hits the goalie. If Thomas got hit by a random player you guys would be doing the same thing.

I think the majority of us feel that Lucic could have lessened the impact by turning away as soon as Miller played the puck, but there still would have been contact. What we don't know is whether the lesser impact would have prevented Miller's concussion.

At least their are some Bruins fans out there saying Luici's hit was just playing stupid. Luici could of clearly turned away but instead hits the goalie. If Thomas got hit by a random player you guys would be doing the same thing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Ryan-Miller-isn-8217-t-sure-Milan-Lucic-concuss?urn=nhl-wp18468

Can we please put this to bed. I haven't heard many fans who seriously thought Lucic couldn't avoid him at all.

The problem most Bruin's fans have is the whining about it from the Sabers.

And now Miller says this:

"I don't know for certain what it was. I took a good impact. It definitely felt that way. I had some symptoms in my neck and I had to wait and let that settle down."

… "I feel good symptom wise. It was more neck and something where I aggravated a disc in my neck pretty good and we had an MRI and CT-scan showing that which kind of backed that up and was the source of a lot of the tension and a lot of the discomfort. It definitely was limiting my range of motion."

"I talking to the doctors they felt it was important to let it settle down, so we let it settle down. I'm trying to improve some strength in that area, get my endurance and some strength back, and get back to where I need to be."

They said right after the hit they said it was a concussion in hopes Lucic would be suspended. To me that should be a fine for any team who states an injured player has a concussion or other major injury without a doctors diagnosis.

I for one would have been fine if he was suspended one or two games. But he wasn't, so lets move on and get over it.

^Couldn't agree more. I'm going to the game tomorrow night which should be interesting since Toronto is in town

That should be a real good game. They gave the Bruins a good game on Wednesday. You figure you'll see the Leafs best effort Saturday.

I think we saw the Leafs' best effort on Wednesday and it caused the Bruins to play a more wide open game than we know Julien prefers. Compare it to the Red Wings game, for example, where the B's actually played the better puck possession game and controlled the Wings through the neutral zone. I think the B's will put a better focus tonight on slowing the Leafs down; it might be a lower scoring game, but I think the B's will appear more in charge than the runaround we saw a couple of days ago.

I think they played well tonight. Seguin not playing hurt. Winnipeg played really well too. It seemed as if they blocked half of the Bruins shots.

I was worried about last night's game. After their first meeting, I told a friend from Winnipeg that I thought the Jets had been one of the top three toughest opponents during the winning streak, doing a particularly good job breaking up passes in the neutral zone. For a team that had a losing record last season, they didn't seem to be in awe of the Stanley Cup champs. Throw in the travel after a big game against the Penguins, and a loss wasn't going to be surprising.

That said, the B's played great, with twice as many scoring chances. And, yes, losing a PPG player hurt in a 2-1 loss, but I'm glad they called him on this early enough in his second season for him to learn a lesson; otherwise, the other players could have started grumbling about double standards.

agree'd i called it aswell. but i thought they wouldn't show up. aside from what i'll call a soft goal from Rask, a brain fart on the 2nd goal. they played well, just couldn't get them in the net.

:lol: the kid did look pissed sitting up there when NESN showed him. they were talking about it on the local morning show. seems he had a 2-3 hour window to get down for breakfast and failed. funny this is i thought Caron was his roommate, and he took his spot in the line up

And, yes, losing a PPG player hurt in a 2-1 loss, but I'm glad they called him on this early enough in his second season for him to learn a lesson; otherwise, the other players could have started grumbling about double standards.

+1

Is he dumb? he was quoted in saying he missed meeting because he forgot Winnipeg was an hour a head and he set his clock eastern time.........if anything he should have been an hour early because it's an hour BEHIND!

Is he dumb? he was quoted in saying he missed meeting because he forgot Winnipeg was an hour a head and he set his clock eastern time.........if anything he should have been an hour early because it's an hour BEHIND!

no he's 19 and smarter than everyone. Most of us know how time zones work, as someone who used to travel with a team (not hockey ) its not hard to get in a teammates room if need be.

I think that this is a old issue. A few of the "healthy Scratch" of last season my be for this issue. But where not made public as it was this time.

I know these guys study video religiously, but do you think sometimes the muscle memory overrides what their analysis tells them? In other words, when 95% of the goalies are righties, do you think sometimes it's hard for them to ignore instinctive reactions and shoot to areas that normally are open? In the third period, Lucic had the puck eighteen feet out, no one really around, with time to pick his spot, but he shot into Theodore's glove. The better shot would have been top right corner, but if top left corner is the better shot 95% of the time, I wonder if Lucic was just going off normal reactions.

Seguin really had no reason to be late. Everyone's phone updates time when it goes through time zones and the WPG hotel rooms would have had WPG time to begin with. Just man up and say you overslept.

Seguin really had no reason to be late. Everyone's phone updates time when it goes through time zones and the WPG hotel rooms would have had WPG time to begin with. Just man up and say you overslept.

all the boston area shows that have players on say pretty clear he over slept, and everyone has done it sometime in their career :wink: this wouldn't have been a big deal if he was playing 7 minutes a game like last year :popcorn:

I know these guys study video religiously, but do you think sometimes the muscle memory overrides what their analysis tells them? In other words, when 95% of the goalies are righties, do you think sometimes it's hard for them to ignore instinctive reactions and shoot to areas that normally are open? In the third period, Lucic had the puck eighteen feet out, no one really around, with time to pick his spot, but he shot into Theodore's glove. The better shot would have been top right corner, but if top left corner is the better shot 95% of the time, I wonder if Lucic was just going off normal reactions.

You maybe right.

I still think they played well in both of there losses. Last night if a couple go in early then they probably win 4-1. I think we'll see a even stronger effort tomorrow night against the Blue Jackets.

It was good to see the B's play such a solid game after a couple of recent hollow victories. The refs definitely appeared to lose control of that game, but I don't think it impacted the outcome, although I thought the Flyers' goal should have counted. I saw someone dive at the puck, but I didn't see a Flyer push Timmy into the net, so I was surprised it wasn't overturned.

Was Seguin sent to the doghouse? His output hasn't been the same over the last few weeks, and maybe even his effort has dropped off over the last couple of games; he was skating with Hamill and Paille for much of the second half, but it was interspersed -- some shifts were with his regular line and some with the fourth line.

Finally, a crazy question. Obviously, it's all about health, but the B's have as good a chance as any team to win the Cup, while Timmy has as good a chance to win another Vezina if Elliott cools off slightly. If both of those events occurred, would he have secured a spot in the Hall Of Fame? It wouldn't be an easy answer, because the career numbers wouldn't be there since he started so late in the NHL, but his career accomplishments probably would be. I couldn't find a list of Stanley Cup winning goalies, but I saw that all 3-time Vezina winning goalies who have retired are in the Hall. The closest comparison in terms of such a short career is Dryden, but he won six Stanley Cups and had much better stats, so that doesn't fully help.

It's an interesting question, because no one would have even considered it a year ago, but if the B's catch lightning again, suddenly it enters the realm of outside chance.

The goal was disallowed because Flyers sticks were pushing Thomas into the net. The B's lines in the second half of that game were all jumbled up. Thornton saw a lot of ice time with everybody probably because Julien expected the Flyers to get a little chippy. That caused a lot of strange combinations.