Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert Stick Lineup

Yes but me and him sent talking about measured flex or perceived flex. Were talking about if were cutting off that flex point at top by cutting it short since a big feature of the stick is the bowlike flex near the top hand.

when you say "pro blade" do you just mean the shark skin option, or are there other differences?

@miseaujeu:

-I recently purchased a warrior widow to give warrior a chance. i was impressed with it and am now selling my apx because i like the feel of the puck better (especially for rollers lighter puck) with the widow.

Unfortunately the infamous durability of the widow reared its head and it broke within 2 games, do you guys still have widows left to warranty them? or would i get an updated covert? to be honest im a bit afraid to try a covert due to the fact i liked the widow sooo much. I would love to try it but the price is a bit high for me atm.

-Also ive never been a huge grip guy, but i liked when sticks when from clear to a matte finish, are the coverts now reverting back to the shiny finish. i was looking into the velvet grip but i have never used a grip and the grip version just says "diamond grip" on all the sites ive looked at. are you guys doing away with traditional rubberized grips for retail?

-if i take the dt1 dive, ill be looking at the 85 flex zetterberg, but i do cut my sticks low, if its cut to about 55" is that chopping off that top flex point? or is the flex up there much bigger then that and im looking at this top flex thing wrong.

-DT1LT details? any approximate date for retail release? im getting antsy on this, also hard to buy a dt1 if there is something right around the corner.

thanks for the time and info over the past couple of months, i went from old eastons to using an apx thinking nothing would be better than that and now im hooked on warrior, it would have been sooner but there is no places here with a shooting range, i have to take the plunge to try. been using your gloves for years since the first set of kingpins hit but now it seems you guys are getting everything involved.

I also like that you guys now have "lines" its easier to keep track of everything, when it has one name per line and a number system to differentiate tiers. having all different names for different tiers in one line makes it hard to see where equipment fits your play level.

Matt

First, thanks for giving the Widow a chance and I'm truly sorry it did not last for you. Yes, if you return the stick, you will (most likely, depending on stock) get a Covert DT1 as a replacement.

The Covert does have a shiny clear finish. The feel should be similar, since it won't have grip. The Covert uses a regular grip finish, not the Velvet.

DT1 will give you the closest feel to a Widow with improvements on blade pop life, power transfer as well as overall durability. The DT1 blade is the best we've produced and coupled with our Dagger Taper Tech, it's a great combination for quick release with little effort, while keeping accuracy.

Cutting the stick, same way as you did with Widow, will affect the flex the same with the DT1. It should give you the same "feel".

I can't divulge too much info on the Covert DT1LT right now. I will have more info soon.

Here is the cutting/flex answer.

Maybe I was confusing. I'm not really talking about the "feel" of the flex, that's really a different discussion, which you referenced. I was more wondering about effecting the "bow-like flex" characteristics in the shaft after cutting off that much at the top.

First, thanks for giving the Widow a chance and I'm truly sorry it did not last for you. Yes, if you return the stick, you will (most likely, depending on stock) get a Covert DT1 as a replacement.

It was my pleasure really. the puck feel and the heft (cant say if there was added speed for sure but there def was an added weight to it) of my shot when using the widow did impress me. A good way to put it is is like the APX is a sciencefiction laser gun, yeah its cool and effective its a laser gun but it didnt have the feel. the widow was like an old school thompson smg, you got feel and feedback while using it. both do the same thing but i know which one i prefer. it is the later!!!

Anybody using the dt2 vs dt1? I have an ax1 and dt1. I like the power of the ax1 but the quick release of the dt1.

Dt2 seems it may be the best of both worlds.

Sent in my widow on a warranty issue and I got back a dt1. Great stick and it's standing up soo much better. For me this has bee the perfect stick. I'm slowly becoming a full warrior guy, even looked into the krown helmet but my Bauer hh8000 is still near perfect.

Review is below.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/63842-warrior-covert-dt1/

Miseaujeu

Any word on the Boedker curve?

Thanks for your help.

No problem...here to help.

The best way to mimic the feel of the SE16 would be to find a similar kick product. AX2 would be the closest as far as construction, but it is a mid kick. DT2 same low kick with some added reinforcement for twisting. But the closest to the SE16 would be a custom Dolomite from the mywarriorhockey.com - same kick, same construction.

I'm not familiar with the Boedker, but I'll check if I have one and compare it. more info coming.

He proberly uses a sakic'ish curve, the selection of curves were very, and still is, limited here in Denmark.

So they no longer have any Gionta DT2's availablefor order I'm told.

Does this mean only available on the customizer moving forward?

My son and I have both gone from the Widow to the DT1. Both of us are very happy. He won't use anything but. I use a couple of different things.

I saw some pics of the dt1lt on warriors Twitter along with it's product page in the catalogue.

The big things I see are the twinsparsu go up into the shaft and the dagger taper 2?

Are you able to elaborate on that new taper at this time?

It also looks like the diamond grip is there bit the texture has been enlarged a little so that seems nice. This is also what I saw on zetterbergs stick so retail may be different.

For those of you with the DT series of sticks, does the flex feel true to what is listed or is it a bit stiffer? It seems like with low kick point sticks that they often play a bit stiffer and I'm just trying to figure out what flex I should get before buying.

They load easier than other low kick sticks such as the apx. With the apx same length same flex it wanted you to really muscle it, the dt1 wants to do the work for you. Neither is better, just a preference.

Btw guys, it seems if you Google dt1lt or dt1st total hockey already has a page ready for it sans pictures and price or most any other detail.

But fine google-fu has lead me to a store that has some dt1st custom orders in stock. As well as warriors Twitter that seems to be exploding for the dt1st. Not too much on the dt1lt except a couple pics of zetterbergs from the playoffs and it's pic for the "holiday catalogue" which shows the dagger taper 2 as a feature.

They load easier than other low kick sticks such as the apx. With the apx same length same flex it wanted you to really muscle it, the dt1 wants to do the work for you. Neither is better, just a preference.

Btw guys, it seems if you Google dt1lt or dt1st total hockey already has a page ready for it sans pictures and price or most any other detail.

But fine google-fu has lead me to a store that has some dt1st custom orders in stock. As well as warriors Twitter that seems to be exploding for the dt1st. Not too much on the dt1lt except a couple pics of zetterbergs from the playoffs and it's pic for the "holiday catalogue" which shows the dagger taper 2 as a feature.

7_zpseeab24be.jpg

4_zpsd6b5e0ab.jpg

For those of you with the DT series of sticks, does the flex feel true to what is listed or is it a bit stiffer? It seems like with low kick point sticks that they often play a bit stiffer and I'm just trying to figure out what flex I should get before buying.

I use an 85 flex DT2 and I think it's whippier than 85 flex even after cutting it down.

Yeah those are the sticks but I havnt seen those pics yet, thanks for the post. The shafts look a little more square but I hope not, I like how the dt1s fit in my hand now.

Also warrior sticks come about 3" longer, cutting them a little doesn't affect the feel of the flex like it does other sticks

Also warrior sticks come about 3" longer, cutting them a little doesn't affect the feel of the flex like it does other sticks

Mine was cut down 8" and then I put a 3" plug back in it.

Warrior says cutting about 5" off doesnt affect it, so if I do the math..... Carry the 1.... Divide by the square root... You would be right about 5" cut off so you are in that zone.

My 100 flex Covert DT2 plays stiffer than its stated flex compared to most other brands IMHO, and I only cut off a half inch.

My 100 flex Covert DT2 plays stiffer than its stated flex compared to most other brands IMHO, and I only cut off a half inch.

that's crazy, cause your stick is still about 62" long, which is longer than most other brands and should therefore give you more leverage and the perception of the stick being less stiff. probably more to do with the fuse point and the subjectivity of what you would say is stiffer versus someone else.

Totally how I thought too Inno, closest in flex I think would be the Bauer APX. But again, shorter stick so that should make sense but like Easton was doing thought the built in extension would make it feel more whippy.