Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

IIHF is not just this tournament. It is all international events, which include Mens/20U/18U/Womens/Womens U18 World Championships + Olympic Games.

Be that as it may, some companies such as Vaughn don't feel it is worth the cost to do IIHF, even though their European distributors would love them to.

So is it paid year by year then?

Seems like almost every company pays for the Olympic rights (sans Vaughn) and the men's Worlds, but not the u20s. I'm confused. :wacko:

So is it paid year by year then?

Seems like almost every company pays for the Olympic rights (sans Vaughn) and the men's Worlds, but not the u20s. I'm confused. :wacko:

If I remember correctly, it's a multi-year deal, but paid and donation terms were done on a yearly basis. With that being said IIHF does try to work with companies on what works for them, but not sure that they do a by tourney agreement.

jumbo.jpg

Just saw this pic in a recent edition of THN: Jumbo rocking the 1st generation U+ sticks. If I were hooked up like him, I'd have a stockpile of these as well. Definitely one of my all-time favorite twigs.

I guess you like what you like. I had a couple of those back in the day, both 110 flex which broke at the blade. I am still using the shafts to this day. For me, next to the original Dolos, the Vector U+ sticks were the most durable sticks that maintained their pop. Monkey still has some of the pro OPS.

He always uses those. They're shafts though, with a carbon blade. They had them available at the sale this past year.

Standard shafts, if I recall correctly.

Standard shafts, if I recall correctly.

Yup, Standard shafts. He and Marleau are both using Standards instead of tapered. Both players use super high flexes though, which is why I didn't spend much time looking at the shafts.

Alexander Khokhlachev's tape job vs canada. thought it was awesome.

IMG_4565_zps049553b4.jpgIMG_4564_zps05892f5e.jpg

I noticed that as well. I thought it a perfect metaphor for the way Russia was just all over the place toward the end of that game. not icing enough skaters etc. on multiple occasions. The whole thing was just so... hap hazard, kinda like this tape job. Oh those silly enigmatic russians...

Aha, some of you have mentioned how there are many pro players who know comparatively very little about their gear. Case and point haha.

Aha, some of you have mentioned how there are many pro players who know comparatively very little about their gear. Case and point haha.

-_- The problem is they need to interview players who are particular about their gear and not just randoms.

-_- The problem is they need to interview players who are particular about their gear and not just randoms.

Yeah, if you interview a guy like Kovalvhuk or Marc Savard they're going to have a lot to say.

Yeah, if you interview a guy like Kovalvhuk or Marc Savard they're going to have a lot to say.

Savard could give a proper dissertation...and it would be a 2hr video. HA!

Exactly! I mean I understand they can't always get who they want but when you got a player calling his CLs, Ultra Lites then we kinda need to move on to other players lol. Specially when it seems their equipment is more so stock or they seem to not care what they use.

And Orpik in Vapor XXX today. Pretty ironic seeing as his dad a Bauer rep(?)

I own a pair of his Vapor XXX gloves, palms are very thick for modern standards and aren't as tight as retail, fit more like the retail XX.