Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Krev

Easton Mako Skates

You can also swap the steel to Step and change the profile down to +2 and switch to a 10' radius in a single step. Pun intended.

They can be purchased like this so all I would have to do is a normal sharpen and I'm good?

They can be purchased like this so all I would have to do is a normal sharpen and I'm good?

Yes. The stock CXN holder and steel are a total +3 pitch (+2 holder, +1 steel) with a 9' radius. The Step steel comes at neutral (+0) so you've only got the +2 from the holder, and it comes stock at a 10' radius.

Yes. The stock CXN holder and steel are a total +3 pitch (+2 holder, +1 steel) with a 9' radius. The Step steel comes at neutral (+0) so you've only got the +2 from the holder, and it comes stock at a 10' radius.

Great info, thanks!

Is CCM Speedblade +4.0 and runner combined +2 or +1? I was thinking it was +1 but not sure.

I am on Mission Pitch 3 now at 9' and +1. I think I need to go to +1 with new skate after way my knee flared up after trying the CXN's for over an hour.

Stationary vs skating are going to feel competely different after a long period of time. Just ask anyone who has worked a youngsters clinic or reffed a slow moving, one-sided game.

First time on my new pair took a clearing pass off the heel... it cracked the carbon where it hit. A bit bummed about that. But anyways... it seemed like there was a lot of extra room in there. Does anyone know of a good thick insole I could put in there to help make it smaller. My foot is Kinda weird. I noticed a bit of lace bite on the top eyelit. Just looking to make these purfect

So I am not very familiar with profiling skates. I really love the mako 2 boots but would really like a more standard pitch on my steel like my old pair of bauers. Can someone walk me through this such as what to ask for as far as a number also do I need to mention I had the skates profiled everytime I sharpen the skates after the initial profile?

Thank you for your help!

https://www.sportchek.ca/search.html#q=easton%20skate

I'm not associated with SportChek.. but they've just taken off about CAD$250 off Easton Mako's:

Mako 2 - C$549

Mako M8 - C$419

Mako M7 - C$259

Free shipping. If you sign up for their newsletter, you also get 10% off your first purchase. These are not marked as sale price, so the discount should apply..

Edited by RickDC

Hey everyone,

I have a pair of Mako II's and I want to put some Tuuks on them. I have spoken to a couple of people on here, as well as read this forum, and according to everyone the holes line right up. But today I called two separate LHS and both said that they could do it but would have to drill holes. Are these just employees who are not nearly as knowledgeable as the people on this forum and don't know what they're talking about? And if that is the case how do I get them done by someone who knows that the holes will, in fact, line up and no extra drilling will be necessary?

Thanks

Hey everyone,

I have a pair of Mako II's and I want to put some Tuuks on them. I have spoken to a couple of people on here, as well as read this forum, and according to everyone the holes line right up. But today I called two separate LHS and both said that they could do it but would have to drill holes. Are these just employees who are not nearly as knowledgeable as the people on this forum and don't know what they're talking about? And if that is the case how do I get them done by someone who knows that the holes will, in fact, line up and no extra drilling will be necessary?

Thanks

as long as the holder size is the same, the holes will line right up.

They are likely just unfamiliar with swapping holders to different brand's skates.

Question for guys who switched from Bauer to Mako and swapped the holders for TUUK LS edge. Did you swap the holders to make it feel like (to have same pitch) like Bauer? After swapping the holders, dud it really feel like Bauer? I am trying to figure out if the pitch on Mako comes only from the CXN holder/steel or does the Mako boot has some kind of pitch as well. I am in Mako with CXN holders and Step Steel so it should be around +2 pitch but would like to know if changing to TUUK edge holder would back it up a bit to approx. +1 pitch. I got somewhat used to the +2 pitch but would like to help my knees a bit as I heard that some people had knee problems from the aggressive pitch.

There has been so much discussion on this topic already here. The CXN holder provides roughly a +2 pitch, and the stock Easton runner provides another +1 in pitch. The overall stock Mako skate is a +3. If you put on stock Tuuk's plus stock LS steel, you will be at roughly +0, just like you would be on a normal Vapor/Supreme/Nexus set up. I have not used Bauer's in a while, so somebody can correct me on the stock pitch of the LS blade if it is not neutral. At least back when I had Vapor XXXs it was a totally neutral set up.

@ Gogovs - No to the best of my knowledge Mako boot is neutral, all the pitch comes from holder and runner set up. Not even sure how one really makes a boot itself have pitch to it.

@Jimmy - I have superfeet yellow in my Makos. The little shim in the back does put you slightly on the toes a touch, but I've only ever skated in the stock Mako footbed once, so it's tough to compare and actually say you'd be +4 on a stock Mako plus yellow superfeet. There's a guy on here who actually measured a bunch of holders and did some math to figure out what heights of the various holders gave what type of profile. I'd guess using superfeet would put you at something like a +3.2, if there was such a thing.

This might be a stupid question but is there somewhere you can go to figure out the different pitches of skates. I wanna get my makos profiled and would like to make them as close to my old skates as possible

Not that I know of. If you plan on keeping the CXN holders but getting Step Steel, the following will occur:

Neutral profile steel = +2 overall feel

-1 pitch steel = +1 overall

-2 pitch steel = neutral overall

I have no experience using negatively pitched steel and honestly that just sounds like a weird idea/concept. If you truly feel like +2 is too much for you, I'd honestly just put Tuuks and stock Bauer steel on, and call it a day.